Icelandic sheepdogs with their endearing facial expression are friendly and faithful. These small-medium sized furry creatures are always excited and enthusiastic especially when they are young. Wearing a collar for most Icelandic Sheepdogs results in discomfort or even cause danger as they may pull their leash and the collar will strangle them, making it difficult to breathe. A harness in such a case can be extremely beneficial for your Icelandic Sheepdog.
However, choosing the right harness is crucial and confusing too. To lessen the confusion, we have reviewed some of the Icelandic Sheepdog harnesses listed below.
Best Dog Harnesses for Icelandic Sheepdogs
Here are our dog harnesses for Icelandic Sheepdogs reviews.
Kurgo Tru-Fit Smart Harness with Steel Nesting Buckles Enhanced Strength is strong and also crash-tested up to 75lbs to keep your Icelandic Sheepdog safe while riding in the car. The chest pad is extremely comfortable and reduces the pressure on trachea and sternum, making it perfect for everyday use.
- Compatible with every vehicle seat belt system
- Features a 10-inch dog seat belt loop and carabiner.
- Perfect for dogs of all shapes and sizes with its five adjustment points
Frisco Padded No Pull Front Lead Dog Harness has high-quality nylon webbing and a padded mesh chest piece making it extremely comfortable and durable. The O-ring leash attachment deters your Icelandic Sheepdog’s attention back to you without causing neck strain. Two fast-release buckles make it easy to take the harness on and off your dog.
- Additional D-ring on the back ensures that it can double up as traditional harness
- Suitable for dogs in training and will encourage them to walk nicely.
- Offers a variety of colors and sizes, making it easy to find the best fit for your dog.
OneTigris Tactical Service Vest Dog Harness keeps your Icelandic Sheepdog secure with its V-ring leash attachment. The neck and chest straps are fully adjustable, providing a perfect, comfortable fit and a safe at the same time. The harness can be customized to your Icelandic Sheepdog’s style and personality with fuzzy fastener-style panels that allow you to attach morale patches and badges.
- MOLLE(Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment) webbing along both sides of the harness ensures that your pup can carry its supply in molle pouches
- Features a crisscross bungee strap for extra storage.
- OneTigris patch is included with purchase.
Ultra Paws One Adjustable Pulling Dog Harness can be used for walking, pulling, training, and control and is adjustable through the neck, back, chest, girth, and belly for a snug and secure fit. It also features floating O-rings that ensures less pressure on the hips when pulling at an angle.
- Suitable for light to medium activities such as skijoring, can-cross, pulling a sled, in-line skating, bike or wagon
- Fleece padding at the neck and chest area makes it extremely comfortable.
- Belly strap ensures a secure fit so that the Icelandic Sheepdog does not pull out of the harness
Chai’s Choice Outdoor Adventure 3M Reflective Dog Harness has a sponge padding and delicate mesh lining along the belly and chest, making it comfortable and easy to put on. The straps are adjustable, ensuring a snug fit. Nylon webbing features 3M reflective material that reflects in low lighting, helping you keep track of your Icelandic Sheepdog.
- Top-handle gives you optimal control and also has a loop that you can put your seat-belt through.
- Use of scratch-resistant oxford material makes it durable.
- Lessen the stress on your pet’s neck to help avoid injuries to her neck, windpipe, and spine.
Dog Harness for Icelandic Sheepdogs Buyer’s Guide
Icelandic Sheepdogs are fascinating creatures but are highly enthusiastic as well. This enthusiasm makes them bouncy and unpredictable, creating dangerous situations at times. A collar will help you control your Icelandic Sheepdog but can be very uncomfortable. Therefore it becomes necessary to put them on harness for their safety and security.
Harness for dogs, including Icelandic Sheepdog should be sturdy, secure, and comfortable.
While buying a harness, you have to keep in mind the activity that you need it for. Activities like swimming require a harness that can dry fast and is comfortable. Also, your Icelandic Sheepdog may need a little help while getting out of water. The harness, in that case, should help to endure the weight of your Icelandic Sheepdog. Activities like running will require a sporty harness with pull on permission. If your dog is training, you will require a harness that gives you better control.
Also, if you often take your Icelandic Sheepdog for a drive, you will need a harness that has loops to put the seat belt through and is crash-tested.
The fabric of your harness and padding material ensures comfort and avoids injuries in sensitive areas like neck chest and spine. If your Icelandic Sheepdog loves water and pools, easy to dry harness is a must. For peaceful pups, we recommend a harness that is comfortable and soft.
Never buy a harness just because it has a nice color and looks good. You must ensure that the harness is durable and fit for the intended use. A good harness that lasts a prolonged duration will cost you less than a couple of cheap ones that lack strength.
You should also focus on the fitting aspect. Your little pup undergoes various changes in its life span that also affect its size. A harness that is adjustable at various points will fit better, providing a custom fit.
We recommend a harness that has appropriate padding in areas like the chest and neck. The padding ensures comfort and also reduces the impact when the harness is pulled. They should be durable and made of sturdy material and fit for the intended activity. You should never buy an ill-fitting harness. Take appropriate measurements and buy a harness that can be adjusted later to fit the Icelandic Sheepdog perfectly.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Icelandic Sheepdogs
- Best Puppy Food for Icelandic Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Crate for Icelandic Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Bed for Icelandic Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Brush for Icelandic Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Toys for Icelandic Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Collar for Icelandic Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Muzzle for Icelandic Sheepdogs
- Best Dog Shampoo for Icelandic Sheepdogs
- Best Training Book for Icelandic Sheepdogs