Dog harnesses are beneficial for several reasons, harnesses disperse the pressure points throughout the body, which is important if you have a dog that likes to pull on their leash, such as the Irish Water Spaniel. We took a look at the best dog harnesses for Irish Water Spaniels.
Best Dog Harness for Irish Water Spaniels
Here are our reviews for the best dog harnesses for Irish Water Spaniels.
If your Irish Water Spaniel likes to pull on their leash, this will be a good harness for them, the front loop will turn your dog around instead of allowing them to continue to pull forward. Eventually they will learn not to pull on the leash and will walk gently beside you and you can switch to the ring on the back. With 2 adjustable neck straps, and 2 adjustable chest straps, you’ll be able to fit it to your Irish Water Spaniel perfectly to prevent choking and escaping.
- Made with breathable materials
- Super bright reflective strips
- Durable and weather-proof for use all year long
BARKBAY’s No Pull dog harness was built rugged enough for active dogs, like Irish Water Spaniels, who love the outdoors yet is comfortable enough for everyday use. The sliders, and two leash rings, are made from rust-proof metal, while the vest portion is made from no-rip nylon and anti-chafe padding. In addition to the two leash rings, there is also a little pocket nook on the back of the dog for ID tags, with a label identifying what it is in case your Irish Water Spaniel gets lost.
- Ultra-reflective strips for visibility in the dark
- Weatherproof for all-season use
- Sturdy back handle for extra control
The Voyager Step-In harness comes in seven sizes and twenty-three different colors. These vests are made with an all-weather breathable mesh that makes walking all year long comfortable for your Irish Water Spaniel. Each vest is crafted for durability while still being lightweight for dogs.
- Reflective bands for visibility in poor lighting
- Evenly distributes pressure around chest to prevent choking
- Safe and secure with hook and loop closure, buckle and double D-ring for leash
The WINSEE dog harness is a great all-around harness, that is lightweight and comfortable for you Irish Water Spaniel. The breathable mesh lining has sponge padding for the chest and belly area, for added comfort. The X-Large version of this harness has even larger straps than the Large version, so you may want to compare the two to see which is best for your Irish Water Spaniel.
- Reflective stitching for visibility at night
- Free collar included
- Multiple adjustment points and lock buckles
RUFFWEAR’s Front Range dog harness is a great choice as an everyday harness. There is a v-ring on the back for dogs who can walk relaxed on a leash, and a reinforced webbing loop on the front of the harness for dogs who pull. The outer shell of the harness is made with a durable fabric, and a padded webbing liner provides comfort for your Irish Water Spaniel.
- 4 points of adjustment
- ID pocket on the back so your dog doesn’t have to wear a collar in addition to the harness
- Reflective trim around the entire harness so your dog is more visible at night
Dog Harness for Irish Water Spaniels Buyer’s Guide
Our buying guide reviews the best dog harness for your Irish Water Spaniel.
There are different styles of dog harnesses, and generally each have three areas of different materials: the straps, the hardware (rings, buckles, adjustable sliders) and the vest portion. The hardware is often plastic or metal, the straps are often made of polyester or nylon, and the vests we looked at are made of a nylon, or polyester, with a breathable mesh lining, some of which include padding.
There are different types of harnesses on the market, ones with and without padding or vests, tactical ones, no pull ones, decorative ones, etc. The harnesses on our list are ones that will be great for ever day wear for your Irish Water Spaniels. The type that is best for you and your Irish Water Spaniel may depend on your activities and personality of your dog.
Harnesses come in several different sizes, and each of those sizes, can be adjusted, sometimes in multiple areas. Because of the different sizing combinations, you’ll be able to find a perfect fit for your Irish Water Spaniel. Sizing is important when it comes to harnesses; too small and it could cause injury and too large and dogs can escape from them. Check the sizing chart the company provides to ensure an appropriate fit for your Irish Water Spaniel.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Irish Water Spaniels
- Best Puppy Food for Irish Water Spaniels
- Best Dog Crate for Irish Water Spaniels
- Best Dog Bed for Irish Water Spaniels
- Best Dog Brush for Irish Water Spaniels
- Best Dog Toys for Irish Water Spaniels
- Best Dog Collar for Irish Water Spaniels
- Best Dog Muzzle for Irish Water Spaniels
- Best Dog Shampoo for Irish Water Spaniels
- Best Training Book for Irish Water Spaniels