Komondors, commonly known as the Hungarian Sheepdogs, are great guardian dogs, mainly used to guard flocks. These dogs are bred to have a strong and protective nature, so they are mostly quite dominant. So, it is quite challenging to control a Komondor on a long walk.
The dog harness is gaining a lot of popularity in giving better control over your doggie, so you can use it for controlling a Komondor during a walk. We know that you want to know more about a Komondor’s harness, so we decided that it would be best if we review some of them for you.
Best Dog Harnesses for Komondors
Here are our dog harnesses for Komondors reviews.
Sporn No Pull Dog Harness can be a great tool if you are planning to arrange certain training sessions for your Komondor, where you will teach him how to walk obediently. This harness will help you remind your pet pal that you are the pack leader and discourage him from pulling himself away.
- Features a back-clip leash attachment ring
- Comes with a soft air-mesh chest pad to minimize strain
- Features padded restraint sleeves for greater comfort.
Constructed using high-quality equipment, Frisco Padded Nylon No Pull Dog Harness is a great tool to control your Komondor on a long walk. This dog harness is designed to offer greater comfort to your Komondor so that he does not feel offended or discouraged when you take him for a long walk.
- Features a padded chest for eliminating strain on your Komondor
- Comes with a front-clip for attaching a leash
- Designed to have adjustable buckles
Red Dingo Classic Dog Harness can be a considerable choice for a leash training session of your Komondor. This dog harness is designed fully using nylon and has adjustable slides to let you adjust the harness’ fitting accordingly.
- Available in multiple sizes
- It can be found in several exciting colors, so you can choose the one which best suits your Komondor.
- Features a back-clip leash attachment ring
PetSafe Happy Ride Car Safety Dog Harness is a tool that you would love to have if you plan to take your Komondor for a car ride. This harness is designed especially for car rides, so it has a sturdy design. The harness is completely padded to avoid any chances of injuries.
- Made using a waterproof material
- Available in various sizes
- Crash-tested priorly, so it is safe for use.
Kurgo Journey Air Dog Harness is a harness that is fully designed using a durable polyester material to stay suitable for long-term use. This harness has a padded chest piece for greater comfort and avoids the chances of applying strain on your Komondor.
- Features a front as well as a back-leash clipping ring
- Comes with four rust-resistant adjustment quick-release buckles
- Discourages your Komondor from pulling his leash
Dog Harness for Komondors Buyer’s Guide
Komondors naturally have a dominant nature, as they are ferociously dominant towards their flock. These dogs can be great companion dogs but need appropriate training on how to walk obediently with their pet parent. You have to teach such things while making them understand that you are the pack leader. A proper leash training helps a lot in this regard, and if you wish to run this training smoothly, you should buy a dog harness.
The likelihood of a harness for a Komondor is defined by certain aspects which you should evaluate while selecting one. We have discussed these aspects’ details, so you should go through them to understand what you should check in each harness to know whether it is better.
A harness’ size is something which is the primary aspect that defines whether a harness is better for your Komondor. This can be judged by measuring your Komondor’s lower neck and chest’s girth. These readings are better evaluated using a measuring tape, as in that way, you will know the exact parameter of the size that you need. You should always ensure that the fitting of a harness is better, as, in that way, you are able to optimize your control.
The harnesses with greater flexibility in adjustments are better for your Komondor. These harnesses are better at optimizing control because they allow you to fit the harness better. So, you should check if a harness has adjustable buckles or straps. These straps and buckles are mainly at shoulder and belly straps.
You can classify harnesses as front-clip and back-clip harnesses. The front-clip harness has the leash attachment ring at the chest side, while a back-clip harness has it on the backside. The purpose of both harnesses is the same, i.e., to offer greater control over your Komondor; however, their functionality is different.
A back-clip harness is designed to discourage pulling by applying slight pressure on your Komondor’s chest when you pull his leash, while a front-clip harness pulls your Komondor towards you by uniformly applying a similar pressure on the entire body of your Komondor. Once you know each harness’s functionality, you can easily pick those which are made using a durable material for your Komondor.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Komondors
- Best Puppy Food for Komondors
- Best Dog Crate for Komondors
- Best Dog Bed for Komondors
- Best Dog Brush for Komondors
- Best Dog Toys for Komondors
- Best Dog Collar for Komondors
- Best Dog Muzzle for Komondors
- Best Dog Shampoo for Komondors
- Best Training Book for Komondors