Protective and courageous Kuvasz dogs hail from the country of Hungary, where they were famous for their flock guarding quality. One can find several mentions of the Kuvasz in the ancient Hungarian text, but these dogs are originally from Turkey and Tibet. The Hungarian King Matthais I adored his Kuvasz and trusted it more than he could trust anyone in his court.
Their patience and extraordinary problem-solving skill make them an asset to your home. The Kuvasz dogs are dense coated working dogs, and they are expected to live up to 12 years approximately. The Kuvasz need regular jogging sessions for maintaining an active lifestyle, and a harness is very much necessary for such walking breaks of your Kuvasz.
Best Dog Harnesses For Kuvasz
Here are our dog harnesses for Kuvasz reviews.
1. Kurgo Tru-Fit Smart Harness with Steel Nesting Buckles Enhanced Strength
This Kurgo Tru-Fit Smart Harness with Steel Nesting Buckles Enhanced Strength keeps your Kuvasz protected with its broad chest piece. The order comes with a steel carabiner, which you can add to the car seat. The harness is crash tested and keeps the Kuvasz protected in case of an accident.
- This car safety harness comes with a warranty of a lifetime.
- The padded chest piece disperses the pressure evenly in the entire chest area.
- This is an everyday walking harness.
2. PetSafe 3 in 1 Reflective Dog Harness
This PetSafe 3 in 1 Reflective Dog Harness is available in three vibrant and reflective colors, which ensure visibility during dark hours. This lightweight harness has multiple points for leash attachment. To guide your Kuvasz to the right path, the harness has a control handle.
- It can be used as both a traditional back-clip harness and a no-pull front-clip harness.
- This harness limits the mobility of your Kuvasz while sitting on the back seat of the car.
- There are around five points for adjusting the harness to attain the perfect fit.
3. OneTigris Tactical Vest Nylon Front Clip Dog Harness
This OneTigris Tactical Vest Nylon Front Clip Dog Harness helps your Kuvasz take up heavy-duty tasks with the harness on. This versatile harness has been designed in a proper way that it lasts for several winters. This stylish dog product is constructed with water-resistant materials.
- Adjust the straps for perfect fit.
- It is ideal for dogs to have chest girth between 17 and 42 inches.
- There is padding below the straps.
4. Sporn Mesh No Pull Dog Harness
If you want something gorgeous for your white Kuvasz, this Sporn Mesh No Pull Dog Harness might be appropriate for you. This one-piece harness is a treat for your Kuvasz’s front leg as there is extra padding below the front straps. This patented harness doesn’t restrict the physical movement of your Kuvasz.
- This nylon made harness makes it perfect for all the seasons.
- There is an elastic added to the chest piece.
- This walking harness curbs the pulling for good.
5. Red Dingo Classic Nylon Back Clip Dog Harness
Your purebred Kuvasz will look ravishing in this Red Dingo Classic Nylon Back Clip Dog Harness. This premium quality nylon harness is available in an array of colors and sizes. The manufacturers have used abrasion-resistant material to build the harness.
- Unlike most harnesses, this one adds a D ring so that you can hang anything from your Kuvasz’s neck.
- Most of the hardware parts are built with solid steel.
- Please do not iron or bleach the harness at any cost.
Dog Harnesses For Kuvasz Buyer’s Guide
As the Kuvasz originated in Turkey, there is a chance that these dogs have taken their name from the Turkic word Kuwasz which means guardian or a protector. The pure white coat of the Kuvasz protects them against extreme cold temperatures and snow. Although the Kuvasz take up the role of their adopted family’s guardian willfully, they are pretty sensitive to scolding and negative actions.
It can be quite challenging for the novice parents to train the large-sized Kuvasz, and you need to frequently groom them as they shed moderately. The Kuvasz takes a long time of training to emerge as a well-behaved canine companion, for its initial training days, you require a strong and stretchable dog harness. In the following lines, we have tried to put together all the tips and tricks about harness, which one should know before buying it.
Dog harnesses are used on multiple occasions like daily walks, training, and also for locking purposes. For daily walks, there are no-pull dog harness, front-clip harness, dual-clip harness, etc. All these are designed to deter the hard pullers from further pulling, and these are difficult to take off with a single paw of your Kuvasz.
Other than regular harnesses, there are service harnesses, which are used by police personnel mostly for the rescue operation and guarding tasks. Last but not least, there is a special harness for vegetable dogs who are unable to walk without their owner’s support.
On some occasions, the Kuvasz needs to wear a dog harness for almost the entire day, and that is why it needs to be lightweight to provide ultimate comfort. Choose the material of the harness wisely and, if possible, prefer the breathable mesh materials to rubber ones.
Another thing related to comfort is the proper adjustment. Don’t let the harness be too tight on your Kuvasz’s shoulder, neck, and torso. It is preferable if you buy a harness with multiple adjustment points.
Frisco, Puppia, Paws & Pals, Kurgo, etc., are some very popular brands when it comes to dog harness shopping. If you don’t find any harness from these above brands, don’t lose heart, you can choose other top-selling brands too. Don’t forget to check the rating and review before you set your mind on a particular harness for your Kuvasz.
Now that you have a sound idea regarding all the factors and you know what features to look for in your selected harness, we are quite certain that you will make a wise choice. Don’t forget to write us whether your Kuvasz feels at home wearing the harness or not.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Kuvasz
- Best Puppy Food for Kuvasz
- Best Dog Crate for Kuvasz
- Best Dog Bed for Kuvasz
- Best Dog Brush for Kuvasz
- Best Dog Toys for Kuvasz
- Best Dog Collar for Kuvasz
- Best Dog Muzzle for Kuvasz
- Best Dog Shampoo for Kuvasz
- Best Training Book for Kuvasz