Highly independent Lhasa Apsos came into being more than 1000 years ago, and these ecstatic dogs are still considered a symbol of good luck. This mischievous Lhasa Apsos derives their name from a sacred city named Lhasa in Tibet. It is widely believed in Tibet that the monks and the imperial people bred these Lhasa for protecting their monasteries and palaces. The regal and playful Lhasa Apsos barely attain any kind of maturity even in their old age.
These intelligent Lhasa Apsos weigh around 13 pounds, and apart from socialization classes, they do not require any vigorous training. So, if you have already bought a dog harness, it will come in handy only for outdoor walks and locking your Lhasa Apso while the guests arrive at your home.
Best Dog Harnesses for Lhasa Apsos
Here are our dog harnesses for Lhasa Apsos reviews.
1. PetSafe Happy Ride Car Safety Dog Harness
This crash-tested PetSafe Happy Ride Car Safety Dog Harness relieves you from constantly worrying about your Lhasa Apso. This fully padded harness is blue in color. There are more than one attachment points in the harness.
- This limits the mobility of your little Lhasa Apso.
- The straps pass below the front legs.
- With the help of two loops, fasten your Lhasa Apso tightly to the car seat.
2. Pawtitas Nylon Reflective Back Clip Dog Harness
This stylish Pawtitas Nylon Reflective Back Clip Dog Harness is ideal for night-time strolls. With the reflective bands, the harness is designed to provide maximum visibility when there is low light. A neoprene padding makes the harness extra comfortable for Lhasa Apsos.
- The step-through design makes the harness pretty convenient to wear.
- This is a long-lasting adjustable harness.
- It comes with matching leashes with reflective strips.
3. Mighty Paw Padded Sports Reflective No Pull Dog Harness
This elegant Mighty Paw Padded Sports Reflective No Pull Dog Harness can be a wonderful pick for your adorable Lhasa Apso. This dual clip harness gives owners the freedom to add the leash both in front and back. This no-pull harness is ideal for adventurous activities like hiking, rock climbing etc.
- This premium harness is weather-resistant.
- This heavy-duty harness reduces the pressure on the neck.
- The handle is also padded and ensures a comfortable grip.
4. Sporn Mesh No Pull Dog Harness
This Sporn Mesh No Pull Dog Harness can be considered as a training harness. Available in red and black color, the harness comes with a lifelong warranty. You remain in control of your Lhasa Apso when it wears the harness.
- The padding below the front leg helps it run.
- This vet-approved harness is configured with nylon.
- This is mainly designed to deter hard pullers from pulling.
5. Best Pet Supplies Voyager Black Trim Mesh Dog Harness
This Best Pet Supplies Voyager Black Trim Mesh Dog Harness comes in a variety of colors such as pink, red, blue etc. The one-piece breathable harness allows your Lhasa Apso to move its body freely. This quick release harness has five size options.
- You can use one D ring for tag attachment and another for the leash.
- This convenient harness securely fits your Lhasa Apso.
- The mesh fabric makes it pretty lightweight.
Dog Harnesses For Lhasa Apsos Buyer’s Guide
These smart yet comical Lhasa Apsos are thick-coated, and they can withstand cold temperatures very easily. The aristocratic Lhasa Apsos stepped into the USA in the 1940s, and before that, they were associated with Buddhist monasteries only. According to Tibetan folklore, these Lhasa Apsos are representative of mythical snow lions who were known as the protector of the entire country. These long-haired regal dogs are found in the world’s highest mountain, the Himalayas, or specific in the Tibetan Plateau. The American Kennel Club has accepted Lhasa Apsos as the 97th official canine member of the organization. Take your classic Lhasa Apso out for daily walks and put a dog harness on it so that it can stay close to you.
If a dog harness is comfortable, your Lhasa Apso will not throw a tantrum the next time you try to slip the harness over its head. These harnesses need to be lightweight so that dogs can walk and run wearing the harness. To make a dog harness extra comfortable, some companies are adding thick padding in the chest area and shoulder part of the harness.
Another thing associated with comfort is a proper customized fitting. Lhasa Apso considers the harness vest as another layer of their coat if it has ‘no-pull’ and ‘no-choke’ quality. For your small Lhasa Apso, choose either extra small or small size of the harness only.
There are six different types of dog harness, and if you think of headcollar as a harness, then the number is seven. The first two popular types of harnesses are front clip harness and back clip harness. Some people are counting the dual clip harnesses as another type, but let’s stick to seven types.
The no-pull dog harness is for the powerful hard pullers only. This kind of harness no longer chokes the neck and lets your Lhasa Apso move freely, even with the harness on.
Car safety harnesses keep your Lhasa Apso safe while in a four-wheeler, whereas a handicapped safety harness is for sick and crippled dogs only. For police dogs, there is a special kind of harness named service dog harness.
Are you confused about which brand to choose for your Lhasa Apso’s harness? Don’t worry. Some of the best selling brands providing the high-quality dog harness are Frisco, Best pet supplies, Petsafe, Kurgo, Puppia and so on. If you don’t get any harness from these reputed brands in online stores, you can go for any harness that is made of good quality fabric and has a good rating.
A dog harness defines your Lhasa Apso, and that is why it needs to match with the personality of the dog. Go through the above tips and let your Lhasa Apso select the color. We are pretty sure your Lhasa Apso will look handsome and elegant in its very first dog harness.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Puppy Food for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Crate for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Bed for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Brush for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Toys for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Collar for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Muzzle for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Dog Shampoo for Lhasa Apsos
- Best Training Book for Lhasa Apsos