Do you own a Papillon and are having problems finding the right harness for them that fits in all the right areas? Are you worried about it chafing or rubbing painfully after your furry friend wears it for awhile? No worries, these are common concerns amongst pet parents and the pet product industry has offered you a solution.
After thorough research I have compiled the top five recommended dog harnesses for Papillons. Each item will have a short summary underneath it and three main points of why you would want to buy that product. At the bottom of the article is a buying guide for extra information on the various features of dog harnesses on the market, should you want to read it.
Best Dog Harnesses for Papillons
Here are our Papillon dog harness reviews.
The Sporn Small Dog Harness is made to be no pull and no choke to lower the risk of accidental injuries for your excitable Papillon. The vest is made from a light weight mesh and is breathable for those hot summer walks. With an easy, step in design this harness makes getting ready a breeze for you and your pup.
- No pull and no choke for your dog’s safety
- Light weight mesh material makes the vest great for walks on hot days
- Step in design is made for fussy dogs who don’t like putting on their harness
The Ecobark Small Dog Harness is made with reflective stitching, great for safer night walks for you and your Papillon. With a sturdy but soft mesh, this vest gives both comfort and breathability for your dog. The harness is designed for those furry houdinis in your life, virtually escape proof and still comfortable to wear.
- Reflective material gives you an added layer of security while out on walks
- Mesh is soft but strong, giving it durability while staying comfy
- Escape proof harness is made for the furry houdinis in your life
The Downtown Pet Supply Small Dog Harness is made to not pull against your Papillon’s throat no matter how excitable they are. With a single point of adjustment, this vest is great for a comfortable fit to your dog. With security features such as double stitched fabric, this vest is made to last for years before needing replacement.
- No pull and no choke design for those excitable puppies
- Adjustable harness gives as close to a custom fit as possible for a great price
- Has multiple security and durability features for your pup
The Bingpet Small Dog Harness is made with the softest mesh, but it is still sturdy enough for your Papillon to wear on a regular basis without wearing it out. It is made from polyester for the comfort of your dog and the strength of the harness. With two buckles of adjustment, this harness is great for an almost custom fit to your dog.
- Mesh is soft but sturdy for your dog’s comfort
- Polyester makes for a comfortable but tough harness
- Two points of adjustment for an almost custom fit to your dog
The Gooby Small Dog Harness is made to slip on over your Papillon’s head with no fuss and no fighting, making getting ready a dream for you. The harness is made to be no pull and choke free for your dog’s comfort. With its light weight mesh, this harness is great for breathability on hot summer days.
- Slips on over dog’s head, great for dogs who hate getting ready
- No pull and no choke harness is great for excitable dogs
- Mesh is breathable and light weight for hot summer days
Papillon Dog Harness Buying Guide
As you can see from the above examples, there are many different types of harnesses out there and each one has its own features that set it apart from the others. When buying a harness for your dog always be sure to measure it before hand as to reduce the risk of receiving a harness that doesn’t fit your dog. Harnesses that don’t fit can cause a variety of problems the longer they are worn.
Light Weight harnesses are important if your Papillon is going to be wearing it a lot. As you are aware, Papillon’s don’t have a lot of muscle so making them wear something that is heavy for any period of time is cruel. Which is why light weight is needed for them, the lighter it is the longer they can wear it without having problems.
Breathable is a fantastic feature to have on a harness, but it is really great if you live in a hot or humid area. Dogs are more likely to have problems with heat thanks to their coats, but having a vest made of mesh can up the breathability while lowering their body temperatures. The holes in the mesh allow breezes to pass through and cool your Papillon off in the meanwhile.
If you have a Papillon who loathes being put into clothes or harnesses you understand why Slip On is such a nice feature to have in a harness. The slip on design is made so you can easily get your dog ready to go for a walk without the usual fight that comes before it.
Adjustable/ Points of Adjustment
Adjustable harnesses are amazing to have if your dog is smaller or larger than the average for their breed. This allows you to fit the harness to their needs without making it too tight or too loose. The amount of points of adjustment available will determine how well fitting it is. The more points of adjustment there are, the closer to a custom fit it will be.
No Pull/No Choke
If you have a puppy in training or just an excitable Papillon, this is a must have for your harness. Many harnesses are made without it and when your dog pulls, as they always do before training, it can be harmful to their throat or neck. The no pull design gently corrects them and pulls them back to your side, where they need to be.
Reflective Material, while not vital, is a great feature to have. If you enjoy night walks but are fearful of a car hitting you thanks to the low visibility night brings, these harnesses are for you. Usually the reflective material is stitched in on the edges but there are select vests entirely made from it for the best possible visibility.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Papillons
- Best Dog Crate for Papillons
- Best Dog Bed for Papillons
- Best Dog Brush for Papillons
- Best Dog Toys for Papillons
- Best Dog Collar for Papillons
- Best Dog Muzzle for Papillons
- Best Dog Shampoo for Papillons