Originally Fox Terriers of the 18th century, the Parson Russell Terriers are agile and fearless members of the terrier group. As swift as a hound, these terriers are somewhat contrasting to their adorable appearance. With powerful hunting instincts and strong prey drive, it becomes necessary to put them on the leash.
When attached to the leash, the dog collars might affect the strong pullers, causing suffocation, injuries, or loss of neck fur. In such a situation, harnesses are the best option to reduce pressure and discourage extensive pulling. Therefore, we have reviewed the top-notch dog harness for Parson Russell Terriers.
Best Dog Harnesses for Parson Russell Terriers
Here are our dog harnesses for Parson Russell Terriers reviews.
1. PetSafe Easy Walk Dog Harness
With a secure chest attachment, the PetSafe Easy Walk Dog Harness is a comfortable as well as efficient choice for your Parson Russell Terrier. The pressure shifts from the throat to the chest and prevents your pet from choking during excessive pulling. It provides you with better control over your Parson Russell Terrier with front leash attachment.
- Easy to put on and off with quick-release buckles on shoulder and belly straps.
- The martingale loop at the chest enhances comfort.
- Four adjustment points for a better fit.
2. Chai’s Choice 3M Polyester Reflective Front Clip Dog Harness
The reflective nylon straps are the hallmark of the Chai’s Choice 3M Polyester Reflective Front Clip Dog Harness. This durable, secure, and lightweight training tool is an appropriate choice for your Parson Russell Terrier. The cushioned mesh, along with the front clip, reduces the pressure caused by extensive pulling by redistributing it along the back.
- Available in nine attractive color options.
- Padded straps from enhanced comfort.
- Added O-ring on the chest for leash attachment.
3. Kurgo Tru-fit Smart Harness
This crash-tested dog harness by Kurgo is specifically designed for cars but is also appropriate for long walks. While the steel buckles provide maximum durability, the chest pad ensures the safety and comfort of your Parson Russell Terrier. Kurgo Tru-fit Smart Harness can be easily attached to the leash as well as the vehicle seat belt.
- The kit includes a carabiner and 10 inches dog seat belt.
- It ensures maximum safety as it is crash tested up to 75lbs
- Includes five adjustment points for a custom fit.
4. Red Dingo Classic Nylon Back Clip Dog Harness
Get a high-quality walking companion for your Parson Russell Terrier with Red Dingo Classic Nylon Back Clip Dog Harness. The back clip may not be appropriate for untrained pets, but the soft and secure construction of the harness fills the gap. Moreover, the buckle bone clip is one of the most durable side release buckles.
- Stainless steel and corrosion-free hardware.
- You can attach both leash and ID tag to the D-ring
- Easy to clean.
5. EzyDog Chest Plate Dog Harness
Ensure yours as well as your Parson Russell Terrier’s safety with the EzyDog Chest Plate Dog Harness. The exclusive chest plate is the product’s hallmark, which reduces the strain on their neck and equally distributes it along the chest. The reflective stitching increases the visibility and hence, ensures the safety of your Parson Russell Terrier.
- The foam chest plate is designed according to the contours of your pet’s chest for added comfort.
- It has adjustable straps for a better fit.
- Sturdy and rust-free D-ring for leash attachment.
Dog Harnesses For Parson Russell Terriers Buyer’s Guide
These happy go lucky species get bored quickly and do not tolerate harsh training techniques. Reward-based training methods are best to avoid destructive behavior among them. They are smart and enthusiastic, as well as fast learners. Therefore, training them is relatively easy, but to ensure their as well as others’ safety, especially during the earlier stages of training, a dog harness becomes a necessity. Considering the safety of your pet and efficient training, we have listed the factors responsible for deciding whether a particular dog harness is appropriate for your Parson Russell Terrier or not.
An expensive deal might not be the best deal for you and your Parson Russell Terrier. Choose a cost-effective product with maximum comfort and safety. A harness with additional features may get a little expensive, but it should fulfill the basic function in the end. You can choose the harness accordingly and may avail of the discounts to fit the deal into your budget.
No-pull harness- Select a no-pull harness with broader and padded straps and an easy step-in design. This type of harness is designed to provide maximum comfort, breathability, and safety. It may get difficult to put it on an untrained Parson. Therefore an easy step-in design will help you with the same. It comes with either a front clip, back clip, or both for leash attachment.
Front clip harness- These harnesses are the most appropriate option for Parson Russell Terriers. The front clip ensures that the pressure remains on the back and doesn’t affect their throat or chest and hinder their breathability. It provides you with better control over your pet as compared to the back-clip ones as it drives your Parson Russell Terrier in your direction.
Back clip harness- We do not recommend to choose back clip harnesses over front clip harness for untrained pets. The back clip puts the pressure on their throat and may suffocate your Parson Russell Terrier. Hard pullers may drag their owners along with them when attached to the back clip. However, it can be used for trained dogs.
The wrong size of the harness affects the functionality of the same. The primary motive to choose a harness over a collar is the safety of your pet, and a small-sized harness can hamper that. The Parson Russell Terriers can easily slip out of a larger sized harness. Therefore, we suggest you measure your Parson Russell Terrier before opting for a particular dog harness.
The primary focus behind choosing any dog harness should be the safety of your Parson Russell Terrier. While there are many factors that can affect the safety of your Parson Russell Terrier, the most common ones are size, material, and straps. You can ensure your Parson Russell Terrier’s safety by opting for the perfect size, nylon, or mesh-based material and a harness with adjustable, padded, and broader straps.
Some additional features may cost you a little extra, but it will be worth it. The neoprene padded straps provide extra comfort, and the mesh webbing provides extra breathability. The reflective nylon material increases visibility during early morning and evening walks and ensures that you don’t lose your Parson Russell Terrier in the dark. Most of the dog harnesses come with adjustable straps for a custom fit.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Parson Russell Terriers
- Best Puppy Food for Parson Russell Terriers
- Best Dog Crate for Parson Russell Terriers
- Best Dog Bed for Parson Russell Terriers
- Best Dog Brush for Parson Russell Terriers
- Best Dog Toys for Parson Russell Terriers
- Best Dog Collar for Parson Russell Terriers
- Best Dog Muzzle for Parson Russell Terriers
- Best Dog Shampoo for Parson Russell Terriers
- Best Training Book for Parson Russell Terriers