The best dog heating pads can be used for a variety of reasons. Whether you are using it to ease your dog’s joint or muscle pain, or you want to keep him warm, a heating pad will ensure the comfort and happiness of your four-legged best friend.
How do you know which of the many models is best for your dog? What type of features should you look for? What size does your dog need?
In this review, we’ll answer these questions. But first, we offer our top five choices:
Best Dog Heating Pads
|Image||Dog Heating Pad||Rating|
|1. K&H Pet Products Lectro-Soft Outdoor Heated Bed||99%|
|2. K&H Pet Products Lectro-Kennel Outdoor Heated Pad||96%|
|3. PETBROO Heating Pads||93%|
|4. RIOGOO Pet Heating Pad||89%|
|5. K&H Pet Products Pet Bed Warmer||85%|
1. K&H Pet Products Lectro-Soft Outdoor Heated Pad
The K&H Pet Products Lectro-Soft Outdoor Heated Pad is the best dog heating pad.
It features orthopedic foam so it conforms to the contours of your dog’s body for added comfort, making it an ideal choice for pups that suffer from joint issues.
The cover is made of a PVC material, which is highly durable and resistant to moisture. It can be used outside without having to worry about it being damaged by dew, rain, or snow. The cover is also quite soft, further increasing the comfort for your pooch.
The power cord is 5 ½ feet long for versatility, and it’s wrapped in steel to ensure the safety of your pet.
A state-of-the-art thermostatically controlled heater will never exceed the temperature of your dog’s body; it will warm your dog up to his normal body temperature, which means that you don’t have to worry about him overheating.
It also comes with a complimentary fleece cover, which is extremely soft, removable, and washable for easy care. Put the cover on to maximize the heat and comfort your pet receives.
Cleaning the entire pad is super easy; just wipe it down with a damp cloth and you’re good to go!
The pad measures 25 inches by 36 inches, so it offers plenty of space for dogs of all sizes.
What We Like About It
- The large size can accommodate most breeds
- It can be used both indoors and outdoors
- The electrical cord is long and wrapped in steel for added security
- It’s thermostatically heated, which means that it won’t exceed your pet’s body temperature
- It’s easy to clean
- It comes with a complimentary washable fleece cover
- The majority of pet owners say that they are very happy with the product and that their pets love it
Reasons to Complain
- Some reviewers said that they had difficulties getting the heating pad to work
- Others said that they couldn’t feel any heat coming from it.
Final Verdict: Whether you’re looking to ease your pet’s sore muscles and stiff joints, or you want to keep him cozy and warm when the temperature drops, the K&H Pet Products Lectro-Soft Outdoor Heated Bed is a great option to consider.
2. K&H Pet Products Lectro-Kennel Outdoor Heated Pad
This dog heating pad is very similar to the first product on our list, but it is slightly smaller in size.
As opposed to being 25 inches by 36 inches, this pad is 22.5 inches by 28.5 inches, so it will fit better in your dog’s crate.
Another way that this pad differs is that it uses 80 watts of power, which is slightly higher than the first dog warming pad.
Like the first heating pad from K&K Products, this one also features a 5.5 long cord steel-wrapped power cord for enhanced safety.
It has a thermostatically controlled heater, which means that it will never exceed your dog’s body temperature, so you don’t have to worry about him overheating. The thermostatically controlled heater is also energy efficient, so it will save you money on your energy bills.
It’s covered in ABS plastic for durability and comes with a complimentary super soft fleece cover, which is removable and washable for easy care.
This heating pad is designed for indoor and outdoor use.
If you are going to use it in his kennel, you can place it on the floor so that he can lie right on top of it, or secure it to the wall and it will act as a heater for the structure.
What We Like About It
- The smaller size is ideal for a kennel floor
- Features a 5.5 foot steel wrapped power cord
- Thermostatically controlled heater for improved safety; it won’t exceed your dog’s body temperature
- Easy to care for
- Comes with a removable and washable fleece cover
- Can be used indoors or outdoors
- Most pet parents said that they are very pleased with this product, and that their pets love the warmth that it provides
Reasons to Complain
- Some users complained that the pad didn’t feel warm to the touch; however, that it isn’t supposed to feel warm to the touch for safety
- Others said that they felt it consumed too much energy
Final Verdict: If you’re looking to add warmth to your pet’s kennel, you want to provide him with a warm space to sleep inside, or you’re looking for a way to ease his joint pain, the K&H Pet Products Lectro-Kennel Outdoor Heated Pad is worth considering. It’s easy to use, highly durable, and designed with safety in mind.View on Amazon
3. PETBROO Heating Pads
The PETBROO Heating Pads is a dog heating pad that we think (and the majority of pet owners think, too) is a great investment.
Featuring highly durable and fireproof PVC material, you can rest assured that your pet won’t damage this heating pad, and that the heating pad won’t harm your pet, either.
The heating pad is wrapped with a super plush removable cover for added comfort. When it needs to be cleaned, just zip off the cover and toss it into the washing machine.
This warming pad can be adjusted to 7 different temperature settings, and it features a thermal protector that will prevent it from exceeding dangerously high temperatures.
An LED indicator light accurately displays the temperature of the heating pad, and it only heats up when your dog is lying on it, so if he moves off of the pad, you don’t have to constantly worry about shutting it off.
You can use this dog heating pad right on the floor, place it on the bottom of a crate, or use it as a liner for their dog bed.
The 5.5 foot steel-wrapped wire and chew-resistant cord casing improves the safety of this bed, and since it’s water resistant, you can easily use it outside.
What We Like About It
- It can be used indoors or outdoors
- Features a 5.5 foot steel-wrapped cord
- The cord casing is chew-resistant
- The pad is moisture-resistant
- Features a super soft, machine washable cover
- Most pet parents report that their dogs’ love snoozing on this heating pad
Reasons to Complain
- Some users said that this heating pad wasn’t big enough for their large breed dogs
Final Verdict: The PETBROO Heating Pads dog heating pad is durably made and features a soft cover for added comfort. The temperature is easy to control and the steel-wrapped cord and chew-proof housing offers peace of mind. It can be used indoors or outdoors, which makes it very versatile.View on Amazon
4. RIOGOO Pet Heating Pad
Next up on our list is the RIOGOO Pet Heating Pad.
It is ideal for dogs that are suffering from arthritis, illnesses or who are recovery from injuries. It can also be used to keep newborn puppies safe and warm, or to keep pets of all ages cozy and warm.
The RIOGOO is constructed of oxford fabric for durable and waterproof material for versatility. You can use it indoors to create a cozy spot for your pet to lie, or you can use it inside a crate, kennel, or dog house to warm up the space.
The power off protection temperature control provides security, and it’s made to avoid overheating your pet, for even more peace of mind.
The cover features a pretty design, too!
And, to ensure safety, all heating pads undergo rigorous testing before they are distributed.
What We Like About It
- Backed by a 3 month guarantee
- Features water-resistant material
- Easy to care for
- The cover offers an attractive design
- It’s easy to operate
- It can be used indoors and outdoors
- Most reviewers that have used this product say that they are very happy with it
Reasons to Complain
- Some customers said that this dog heating pad stopped working after just a few uses
Final Verdict: The RIOGOO Pet Heating Pad is another great option for warming your dog or soothing his sore muscles and joints. Featuring water-resistant material, an easy to clean design, and a temperature control to prevent overheating, your pet will be cozy, warm, and safe on this heating pad.View on Amazon
5. K&H Pet Products Pet Bed Warmer
Last, but certainly not least on our list of the best dog heating pads is yet another product that comes from K&H Pet Products.
Their Pet Bed Warmer is specifically made to offer soothing warmth and comfort for indoor pet beds. In fact, it can be used in pretty much any dog bed, no matter what size or shape.
This heating pad for dogs features dual internal thermostats, which regulate the temperature of your pet using 4-22 watts, depending on what size warming pad you purchase.
There are four different sizes to choose from: small, medium, large, and extra-large.
This heating pad will warm the surface of your pet’s bed to about the same temperature that the bed would heat to when he lies on it, so there’s no need to worry about overheating.
When your dog gets off the heating pad, it will cool down to about 10 to 15 degrees higher than the ambient air temperature.
For safety, never let your pet lie directly on top of the pad; always place it inside the pet bed or cover it with blanket.
What We Like About It
- Available in four sizes
- Backed by a 1 year warranty
- MET listed
- Perfectly warms the surface of a pet bed
- Works with all types of pet beds
- Most pet owners say that it is easy to use and that it offers great results
Reasons to Complain
- It’s only meant for indoor use
Final Verdict: With the K&H Pet Products Pet Bed Warmer, you can keep your pooch’s bed toasty warm all year long. It’s easy to use, and is available in four different sizes.
6. Furhaven Pet Dog Bed Mat
The Furhaven Pet self-warming dog bed mat is a water-resistant, electricity-free thermal throw blanket. Available in multiple colors and sizes to fit your pet and your design aesthetic, the Furhaven warmer is made of cozy velvet and quilted seams. Because it is very lightweight, it is perfect for travel.
- Electricity-free, self-warming and portable.
- It is available in the following sizes: Small (20″ x 28″ x 0.5″), Medium (24″ x 36″ x 0.5″), and Large (32″ x 48″ x 0.5″).
- Easy to clean, the mat is machine wash safe.
7. Zobire Pet Heating Pad
The Zobire Pet Heating Pad is ideal for dogs young and old and is especially suitable for arthritic dogs. With a built in thermostat, this heating pad provides consistent temperature. The washable fleece cover can easily be cleaned in the washing machine.
- The soft, PVC over closure is waterproof, removable and washable.
- Built-in dual thermostat with a single circuit provides consistent temperature.
- The Zobire bed has been tested and certified by MET Labs to exceed USA electrical safety standards UL499.
8. PetNF Upgraded Heating Pad
The PetNF features six different heat settings and five time settings, this head pad also features a 83 inch chew cord. With two different size options available, the PetNF is suitable for a wide range of pets. The removable fleece cover is washable to keep the pad smelling fresh.
- Six different heat settings with five different times.
- The heating pad is available in two sizes: Medium, 19.7″ X 15.8″ and 29.5”×17.7” inches.
- The removable, washable cover can be placed in the washing machine for easy cleaning.
9. JUEYING Pet Cat Dog Heating Pad
With a chew proof cord and a temperature sensor, the JUEYING Heating Pad takes just five minutes to warm up to your pet’s ideal temperature. The PetNF is also made of washable, scratch proof fabric to keep it looking and smelling new. JUEYING also offers a 30 day full refund guarantee and 12 months of replacement services.
- Rapid heating technology warms the bed to ideal temperature within five minutes.
- Also, the UL recognized electric cord was wrapped with chew proof steels and worked with low wattage,
- The oxford fabric is washable and scratch-proof.
10. Toozey Pet Heating Pad
Pet owners can control the six temperature settings and four timer with an LED controller on the Toozey heating pad. The dual resistant cord protection to ensures your pet’s and home’s safety. The Toozey heating pad also has an automatic shut off to prevent overheating.
- Control the temperature with six different settings and four timers with an LED controller.
- The built-in timer function provides four auto shut off range from 4 to 24 hours.
- This heating pad has an ultra-soft cover that is machine washable.
11. Pecute Pet Heating Pad
The Petcute heated dog pad offers two removable and washable flannel cloth covers. The Pecute mat is completely sealed with eco-friendly medical soft PVC, which is also IPX4 waterproof grade, urinary, and leakage proof. An intelligent sensor keeps the temperature at a comfortable range without concern for burns.
- The Petcute mat provides 8 layers of protection structure with a UL-approved heating wire.
- The cord is constructed of bendable, chew-proof stainless steel, preventing shock or other injury.
- The Petcute also features two removable flannel covers for easy washing.
12. HYDGOOHO Dog Heating Pad
Perfect for elderly dogs, puppies or pregnant dogs, the HYDGOOHO heating pad is waterproof and washable. The cord is chew-proof to prevent injury. HYDOGOOGHO uses low voltage power to ensure safety.
- The HYDOGOOHO is waterproof and machine washable.
- The cord is chew-proof to prevent shock.
- The heating blanket measures 28 X 17.7 inches.
13. HD JUNTUNKOR Pet Heating Pad
The LED indicator lamp displays the temperature for easy adjustment between a low grade 95 °F, to a high temperature 122 °F. Constructed out of washable oxford fabric, the HD JUNTUNKOR is washable, urine-proof and dust proof. The charging wire is wrapped with chewing wire rope and a double spiral shell for your pet’s protection.
- The JUNKTUNKOR can be adjusted between 95 °F to 122 °F.
- The LED indication lamp brightly displays the temperature for ease of adjustment.
- Constructed of a oxford fabric, the heating mat is washable and urine-proof.
14. Snuggle Safe Pet Bed Microwave Heating Pad
The Snuggle Safe provides up to 10 hours of safe and soothing warmth. The small size fits perfectly under your pet’s mattress. Because it is non-electrical, there is no risk of shock.
- Quick and easy to use, requires no wires.
- In just a few minutes in the microwave, the Snuggle Safe head pad provides hours of warmth and comfort.
- The SnuggleSafe heat pad contains Thermapol which is non-toxic
15. Mospro Pet Heating Pad Warming Bed
The Mospro warming pad is easily adjustable for your pet’s ideal comfort. WIth a chew-proof cord, your pet will not risk electrical shock. The pad is spacious for small to medium pets and measures 18 inches by 18 inches.
- Features an adjustable temperature between 95℉-122℉.
- The chew-resistant cords protects pets from electric shock.
- The durable oxford fabric is washable for cleanliness.
16. Ohuhu Pet Heating Pad
The Ohunu heating pad is made of durable carbon fiber and has an automatic shut off with four timer settings. Safety is paramount to Ohuhu, so this heating pad offers six layers of protection. And, the automatic shut off gives you the power to control the heating length.
- Automatic shut off in four settings: 1 hour, 3 hours, 6 hours or 12 hours.
- 6 The Ohuhu heating pad features 6 layer protection with an ETL certificate low-voltage adapter and overheat protection controller.
- The two removable covers are washable and easy to put in the washing machine for easy clean.
17. OMORC Pet Heating Pad
Available in two sizes, the OMORC heating pad features three level heating settings and a timer. The cord is chew resistant and can be placed indoors or outdoors; ideal for pets who sleep outside. The automatic shut off will immediately stop the heating pad when the temperature reaches too high.
- Features three levels adjustable temperature: 113 °F, 122 °F and 131 °F.
- The OMORC has three timer settings: three hours, six hours and nine hours.
- OMORC features two thermostats and will automatically stop heating when the temperature is too high.
18. Lightter Pet Heating Pad
The easy to use Lightter heating pad features an LED display for easy temperature observation. With two removable covers, the heating pad can be easily cleaned for freshness in the machine wash. And, the seven temperature levels can be adjusted to your pet’s ideal comfort.
- The Lightter electric heating pads has visible LED indicator.
- The soft, removable brown and blue cover is easy to clean by machine or hand.
- The Lightter mat features seven levels of adjustable temperature.
19. MARUNDA Pet Heating Pad
The built-in thermostat offers a consistent temperature for your pet’s optimal comfort. The chew proof wires ensure your pet’s safety. The heating pad is constructed of durable PVC material for easy washing.
- Auto constant temperature mantains pet’s ideal temperature between 95℉ and 108℉
- The Marunda pet heating pad uses advanced IP67 waterproof PVC material and has an easy to remove, washable cover.
- The chew resistant cord prevents electrical shock.
20. NAMOTEK Pet Heating Pad
The NAMOTEK heating pad features the most updated constant control temperature for your pet’s comfort. The built-in dual protectors prevent overheating and provide safety. The chew resistant cord prevents electrical shock.
- The built-in dual thermostat keeps the temperature range controlled at 93.4℉-106℉.
- The durable fabric is scratch proof and waterproof and fire retardant.
- The NOMTEK pet bed is available in two sizes in 15.7″ x 24.6 inches and 12″ x 15.7 inches.
21. PUPTECK Pet Heating Pad
Available in three sizes, from medium through extra-large, the PUPTECK heating pat fits a wide range of pet sizes. Three temperature settings help you find your pet’s ideal comfort. And the durable fabric is water-resistant and anti-chew.
- The PUPTECK heating pad is available in three sizes: medium, 22.8″ x16.9″, large 27.9″ x17.9″, and extra-large 33.8″ x 20.8″,
- Anti-dirt surface that is easy to clean.
- There are three different temperature modes: low, medium and high.
22. OTOFY Pet Heating Pad
The Otofy pet heating pad is suitable for small and medium pets and elderly pets. With two settings, the heating pad can easily be adjusted for your pet’s comfort. The durable oxford fabric is long-lasting and water resistant.
- The temperature can be adjusted in two gears, low gear at 95°F and high gear at 112°F.
- The OTOFY is equipped with the silicone protective cover and internal strip on the power cord.
- Durable oxford fabric is washable and scratch-resistant.
23. Best Friends by Sheri Luxury Shag Donut
The Best Friends Luxury Shag Donut pet pad is self-heating and provides orthopedic support. Available in three sizes: small, medium and XXL, the rounded design provides for easy burrowing. Cleaning is easy because this mat is machine washable and dryer-safe.
- Rounded design provides orthopedic support.
- Machine washable and dryer-safe.
- Available in three sizes and two colors.
24. Aspen Pet Self Warming Pet Bed
The Aspen warming pet bed is cord free and uses the same type of technology found in space blankets. The bed is lightweight and portable, and the no slip bottom prevents injury. Available in multiple sizes, there’s sure to be one suitable for your pet.
- Available in four sizes: 19 inches, 24 inches, 30 inches and 35 inches.
- Lightweight for easy transportation.
- Made from polyester construction with a no-slip bottom.
25. K&H Pet Products Self-Warming Dog Cot
The K&H self-warming pet bed is elevated, which provides additional air circulation. Suitable for indoor or outdoor use, the bed is lightweight and portable. No tool assembly, the bed is strong enough to hold dogs up to 150 pounds.
- No electric: the bed traps your pet’s heat and transfers it back to them.
- Elevated bed offers additional benefit of air circulation.
- Suitable for indoor or outdoor use.
26. K&H Pet Products Thermo-Snuggly Sleeper Pet Bed
The K&H Thermo-Snuggly bed provides comfort, heat and security for your pet. Cleaning is a breeze, with a soft, removable comfort to ensure cleanliness and freshness. The low wattage provides an extra safety feature and is energy efficient.
- Low 6 wattage is energy efficient.
- Lowered front provides easy access for all pets.
- Features a removable cover that is easily washable.
27. Paws & Pals Self-Warming Pet Crate Mat
Your pet can enjoy a cozy, heated bed without using electricity. Paws & Pals works with your pet’s own body heat to transfer it back to the warming pad. This lightweight bed is easily portable and storable.
- Self-warming mat is made from ultra-soft microfleece.
- Created without parabens, harsh dyes, chemicals or treatment.
- Textured bottom prevents slipping.
28. K&H Pet Products Self-Warming Pet Crate Pad
Available in six sizes, the K&H radiates your pet’s heat back onto a soft microfiber mat. Corner slits help the mat fit into your pet’s crate to create a warming security blanket. Easily fit the lightweight mat into a machine for washing.
- Easy to clean and machine washable.
- Non Slip bottom prevents movement across the floor.
- Self-warming pad radiates heat back to your pet.
29. Pet Fit For Life Cooling and Heating Pad
The Pet Fit for Life cooling and heating pad does double duty as a heating pad when placed in the microwave, or a cooling pad when placed in the freezer. At 12 inches in diameter, the mat is easy to store when not in use. Ultra-cozy fleece provides a soft cushion for your pet.
- Heat in the microwave for warmth or cool in the freezer for cold.
- The interior pack of Pet Fit pad is filled with a non-toxic, pet-safe gel that’s soft and flexible.
- Machine washable and folds for easy storage when not in use.
Dog Heating Pad Buying Guide
Why would you need a heating pad for your dog? What should you consider when you are purchasing one? In this section of our review, we’ll answer these questions and more so you can ensure you are providing your furry pal with the very best of care.
Why your dog needs one
There are a lot of reasons why you might want to use a heating pad for your dog. In the beginning of this review, we discussed how they are a great way to alleviate joint pain and muscle aches in canines. So, if your pup is suffering from joint issues, like arthritis or hip dysplasia, or if he has pulled a muscle while playing or working, a heating pad can help to soothe his pain.
Heating pads aren’t only for easing pain. Some dogs tend to run a lower body temperature or feel chilly, whether it’s because of their size, their breed, their age, or because they are suffering from a health condition. For instance, newborn puppies need extra heat, and canines that are suffering from a heart condition or thyroid disease might need extra heat to keep them warm.
Mainly, they’re a great way to keep your pet warm when the temperature is cold. Whether he spends time outside in a dog house or you just want to offer him a cozy spot to curl up in inside, a warming pad is a great tool to have on-hand.
Other Factors to Consider
Here are a few factors that you should take into consideration when you are shopping:
- The size of your pet is definitely something that you are going to want to consider. Obviously, you don’t want to get him a pad that is too small; but a pad that is too large might not be effective, either. Choose a heating pad that offers your pet enough space to get comfortable, but isn’t overly large.
- Where will you be using the heating pad? Outdoors, indoors, or both? Make sure you choose an option that will work in the location that you intend on using it.
- You’ll also want to make sure that you select a heating pad that is easy to care for; for example, a removable and washable cover allows for easy cleaning.
- Safety features. Safety is paramount. Consider a pad that features a steel-wrapped cord, chew-resistant features, and temperature regulation that will prevent your pet from overheating.
Summing It Up
Buy our top choice – you won’t be disappointed.
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Dog Collar
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Automatic Fetch Machines
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Puzzle Dog Toys
- Best Dog Activity Monitors
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Crate Bed