In our guide, we’ll take a look at the best dog houses for hot weather, available for purchase with little effort, and at a great price point. We will take a look at what makes them great, and in the end, our buyer’s guide will simplify the task of choosing a dog house that your furry friend will find comfy even in the sweltering summer heat.
Best Dog Houses for Hot Weather
Here are our hot weather dog house reviews.
The Suncast Outdoor Dog House with Door is a perfect option for a shady backyard getaway for your pup. It is suitable for dogs up to 70 pounds. The neutral coloring fits in with most home and yard decor.
- Constructed from heavy-duty resin for optimal durability, won’t rust or rot
- Easy to assemble, simply snaps together in minutes
- Includes vinyl door
The Petmate Barnhome III Dog House is a super durable plastic dog house. It has a mold-resistant finish. The dog house can be assembled in seconds, and only has two pieces.
- Available in two color schemes, and four sizes, fitting dogs up to 90 pounds
- Rear ventilation to ensure plenty of fresh airflow
- Designed with an extended roof to keep your dog dry
The Petsfit Dog House is a great option for a wooden dog house. The asphalt coated roof can be opened for increased ventilation. Available in four sizes, and all holes are pre-drilled for quick and easy assembly.
- The off-center door provides additional room for sheltering and movement.
- The weatherproof design keeps your dog dry
- Removable floor for cleaning
The INDIGO W/MICROBAN from Petmate is a great summer shelter. It comes in three sizes to fit a wide variety of dogs. The Microban protection helps stop the growth of stain and odor-causing bacteria and microbes.
- Heavy-duty construction provides great insulation against the weather
- Roof ventilation promotes constant fresh air circulation for optimal comfort
- Raised floors with moats help drain off liquid and keep your dog dry
The Aspen Pet PetBarn 3 is an all-plastic protective dog house. The plastic construction prevents flea infestation and accommodates dogs up to 90 pounds. It assembles quickly with simple snap latches.
- Extended roof guard rim and raised floor keep dogs dry
- Rear air ventilation for flow-through fresh air
- Durable plastic design is rot and mold-resistant
The Precision Pet by Petmate Extreme Weather-Resistant Log Cabin Dog House is a durable wooden dog house. It is designed with solid wood and stainless steel hardware. The slanted asphalt roof and raised floor ensure comfortable dry shelter for your dog.
- Available in four sizes to fit your dog and yard
- Off-center entrance keeps a sheltered area out of the sun
- Wood construction breathes, doesn’t trap the heat like synthetic materials
The Best Choice Products Wooden Weather-Resistant Log Cabin Dog House is a sturdy log cabin style dog house. It is weather and water-resistant and has an asphalt shingle roof. The raised design keeps the floor dry and allows better airflow.
- Roof opens for easy cleaning and superior ventilation
- Raised floor enhances airflow for cooler temperatures inside
- Solid fir construction gives the house strength without compromising comfort
The Tangkula Pet Dog House is a traditional style wooden dog house. It has a peaked roof that is covered with asphalt to keep the inside dry. The whole house is raised on legs to keep the bottom dry and help airflow cool the house.
- The natural wood-colored house comes in three sizes
- High-quality fir wood naturally breathes, unlike synthetic or composite materials
- Assembles easily with included tools and hardware
The Tangkula Pet Dog House with Porch & Fence is a beautiful wooden dog house for smaller dogs. The cottage design integrates easily with your garden. The side window and open door provide great ventilation in the summer heat.
- Solid wood finished with a non-toxic water-based paint is pet safe
- The raised bottom is ideal for keeping your dog cool and dry
- All hardware and tools needed to assemble are included with the house
The PawHut Wooden Cabin Style Elevated Dog House is a luxurious wooden dog house with an attached sun porch. It is constructed of solid fir and cedar. The rustic design is the perfect addition to any yard’s decor.
- Ideal for medium to large-sized dogs
- The roof is covered in composite shingles to protect your dog from sun
- Raised design, coupled with an open door and window provides great ventilation in hot weather
Dog House for Hot Weather Buyer’s Guide
When considering the choices for a dog house for hot weather, you will need to consider the material you would rather have the house constructed from. Plastic is the most popular option. Plastic or resin dog houses need virtually zero upkeep, aside from the occasional cleaning. The downside to plastic is that if they are in direct sunlight for long periods, over the years the colors will fade and the plastic may become brittle from UV damage. Plastic dog houses are usually found at a relatively low price point.
The other option is a dog house of wooden construction. Wood dog houses do require more upkeep, in terms of occasional refinishing and painting. Cleaning a wood dog house is often as easy as a plastic one, simply needing to be hosed out when dirty. The painted wood will fade over time but can be remedied with a new coat of exterior paint in an afternoon. With occasional maintenance, a wood dog house can provide years and years of faithful service. Wood dog houses tend to be a little more expensive than plastic or composite dog houses.
Hot Weather Dog House Review Conclusion
We hope that our guide has made choosing a dog house less daunting. As long as you take into account the amount of maintenance you are ok with and the expected lifespan of the dog house, you’ll be well equipped to choose a dog house that will give your dog a shady oasis in the hot weather that they will appreciate for years to come.