Dogs can add love, warmth and excitement to our lives. But sometimes, even our most beloved pooch can cause a few headaches. Dogs that suffer from separation anxiety can exhibit anxious and destructive behaviors such an excessive chewing, bathroom accidents and scratching.
For these pets, a secure and yet cozy kennel may be the best option to soothe, protect and keep safe an anxious pet when you are away. We’ve selected the best dog kennels for separation anxiety.
Best Dog Kennels for Separation Anxiety
Here are our dog kennels for separation anxiety reviews.
Gelinzon is an extremely highly rated kennel that can withstand anything that the anxious pet brings. The steel frame is chew proof and non-corrosive and a nontoxic finish will keep your pet safe. The cage is large enough for your pet to settle and also features an extremely secure door with two locks to prevent escape.
- Gelinzon features a heavy duty frame that is made from rust and corrosion-resistant steel with a nontoxic finished surface.
- This cage features 360-degree locking casters that both move crate anywhere and lock the wheels in place.
- Two patented locks with safety buckles prevent the dogs from opening the door and escaping.
The AmazonBasics Dog Crate provides a secure, visible and convenient place for your anxious dog to rest. The crate features a large opening easy entry and comfortable access to your dog or to you when cleaning bedding. The metal-wire construction offers strength and optimal ventilation and visibility, while the rounded corners protect pets and promote safety.
- Two slide-bolt door latches offer increased safety and security.
- This cage has sturdy metal construction that also folds flat for easy storage.
- AmazonBasics cage also offers an optional divider panel and removable composite plastic pan.
Parpet’s heavy duty kennels is one of the strongest, most durable pet kennels. Parapet’s kennels provide a secure, private and cozy den for anxious dogs to rest while you are away. With an easy set up, this is the perfect choice to keep the escape artist dog safe and comfortable inside.
- Parapet is constructed from 20-gauge durable steel with 0.5 inch diameter strong metal bars.
- The removable strong metal tray underneath the floor grate uses a D-ring handle for fast and efficient cleaning.
- Parapet features four removable 3” TPR rubber casters with a braking system for easy positioning.
The Smonter dog crate is indestructible. This kennel is constructed of a sturdy metal frame designed to prevent even the most aggressive canines from escaping. And, forget difficult installation, Smother heavy duty crate comes partially assembled with minimal additional set up.
- The special Y-pattern design of the heavy duty dog crate makes a beautiful and bite-proof shape to effectively prevent the dog’s mouth from sticking out.
- Double lock with the safety buckles to prevent the dogs from escaping.
- The removable plastic tray allows you to wipe and clean easily.
The ProSelect Empire dog cage stands up to even the toughest chewer and most anxious dog. The steel cage includes strong welds at stress points and strong dual latches on the door. The nontoxic hammertone finish is nontoxic and chew resistant!
- Removable casters allow you to move the dog cage anywhere and remove for stability and security.
- The kennel is constructed of reinforced 0.5-inch diameter steel tubes and 20-gauge steel
- ProSelet’s cages provide easy clean up with the grated floor and removable tray.
The iCrate double-door dog kennel by MidWest homes are designed to completely around the safety, security, and comfort of your anxious dog. The crate includes safe and secure slide-bolt latches, rounded corners, a durable E-Coat finish. And, the crate comes with a free divider panel for use while your pet grows.
- The heavy duty slide bolt latch firmly locks dog crate door in place keeping your dog safely inside their dog crate.
- MidWest pet crate sets up in seconds with no tools required.
- The durable design creates a safe place for your pet while you’re away and caters to your dog’s natural “den” instincts.
The Silverylake is the indestructible kennel which soothes and protects anxious pets. Steel square bar construction is resistant to deformation, durable and have resistance to cracking or breaking. The four casters provide easy transport with locks for security.
- Silverylake features two removable bottom trays with a washable metal pan and a floor grate.
- The Silverylake features a rust and corrosion-resistant frame with long lasting durability.
- The Silverylake is easy to assemble and set up takes minutes.
Anxious Pet Kennel Buying Guide
Anyone that has ever owned a pet that suffers from anxiety or separation anxiety understands that an anxious pet can cause destruction. It is just as important to keep a pet secure as it is to create a cozy atmosphere that will make your pet feel soothed during fearful moments or when you are away. There are a number of different kennels that can help keep your home more harmonious and different factors you will want to consider before purchasing a dog kennel.
Anxious dogs often turn to chewing when they exhibit their behavior. When searching for a dog kennel to protect your anxious dog, it’s important that you look for a dpg kennel with durable steel with a non-toxic coating. The stainless steel will prevent the dog from chewing through the security of the kennel in the same way that mesh or plastic might. But, it’s important to ensure that the finish on the kennel is non toxic so your pup isn’t ingesting chemicals that will make him or her sick.
It is also important to look for a kennel with a durable lock, preferably two locks. This is especially important if you have a larger dog or an “escape artist.” Look for a heavy duty slide latch lock, or a cage that contains two locks that will keep your pet secure. Some cages even feature a top loading entrance for smaller dogs that will help keep them secure in their cage.
Because aesthetics aren’t always the first must-have in a kennel for anxious dogs, it’s important for you to be able to move the kennel to wherever you feel works best. Look for kennels, especially large kennels, that have removable or locking caster wheels. This allows you to move the kennel wherever you want when you want it out of sight or near a door if you want it to be close to where you will return. Wheels that have a locking device are ideal, as you can move the kennel with the dog in it and then lock it into place.
Last, look for a kennel that offers convenient cleaning. The ideal kennel will include an easy to slide out tray that can help you clean up any messes that your pet may make. These trays can be washed off with a hose or in the shower to keep the kennel smelling fresh.
Having an anxious pet can be stressful for both you and your pet, but a secure crate can create more peace in your pet’s heart and yours.