Bloodhounds may also be somewhat aggressive over their food or toys, so in an environment where there are small children not exposed to the dog, or a large group of dogs, you may require a muzzle. Or, Bloodhounds do love food and have been known to swallow just about anything! The muzzle may keep your Bloodhound healthy and safe. Whatever the reason, we’ve selected our top five muzzles for your Bloodhound.
Best Dog Muzzles for Bloodhounds
Here are our Bloodhound dog muzzle reviews.
The SHUNAI pet muzzle is made to keep your pet comfortable and safe, as well as the surrounding environs safe. In this muzzle, your Bloodhound can still drink and pant, reducing overall anxiety. You can even reward your Bloodhound with small treats while your pet is wearing this muzzle.
- The quick Fit Muzzle has a soft padded nylon belt which provides easy on and off.
- This muzzle is constructed of safe rubber material, yet the material is soft and skin-friendly.
- This muzzle is adjustable and available in multiple sizes.
The Barkless muzzle is made of a soft silicone to gently wrap around the snout of your Bloodhound. The humane and ergonomic design offers all around protection with less irritation. And, the product is easy to use and comes with a detailed guide book.
- This muzzle is made of non-toxic, non smell silicone.
- The Barkless muzzle can attach to a collar to prevent loss.
- A wide open hole provides easy sipping and breathing.
The Crazy Felix Nylon muzzle features reinforced stitching and a breathable mesh muzzle. With adjustable straps at the snout and neck, the Crazy Felix can be adjusted to fit whatever snout and size. And, the ergonomic design and head strap ensures a secure fit.
- Constructed with reinforced nylon stitching and non-sticky breathable mesh.
- Adjustable at snout and neck strap.
- Safety strapping ensures the muzzle will remain securely in place, and has an added secure lock-on buckle.
The Baskerville Ultra muzzle is designed to meet the highest safety standards for your Bloodhound. What is more, this muzzle can be specifically shaped to fit the exact specifications of your Bloodhound. This allows your Bloodhound that safety to pant and breathe and drink with the muzzle on.
- Heat shape for custom fit, just like a mouth guard, the Baskerville can be heat shaped to your Bloodhound’s’s snout.
- Built with strong TPR material, the muzzle is strong and secure.
- This muzzle was designed specifically for dogs that are reactive in new situations.
The CollarDirect dog muzzle is made specifically for large breeds, like the Bloodhound. This highly durable muzzle is made specifically for Bloodhounds that may be food aggressive or habitual chewers. This muzzle is safe and allows you to work with your Bloodhound to reduce destructive behavior.
- Highly durable muzzle made of genuine leather.
- This secure muzzle features two adjustable straps.
- The CollarDirect muzzle also allows for much ventilation, including for drinking and panting.
Bloodhound Dog Muzzle Buying Guide
The Bloodhound is an affable, friendly, smart dog, who occasionally requires extra support during training. Because the Bloodhound can be a zealous puppy, it may be important to purchase a muzzle. Bloodhounds can be slightly food aggressive, but it’s more likely that a muzzle will protect your Bloodhound from eating everything in sight! There have even been Bloodhound’s known to swallow television remotes! Whatever the reason, if you are considering purchasing a muzzle for your Bloodhound, there are a few factors we think you should consider.
Silicone or soft rubber
The ideal muzzle will be made of silicone or soft rubber. This material should also be non-toxic. This is important because the soft rubber and silicone will prevent rubbing and irritating your Bloodhound’s delicate skin. In addition, these materials tend to be very durable. We love the Barkless muzzle for it’s gentle materials.
Multiple points of adjustment
The ideal muzzle will offer multiple points of adjustment. This is essential for your Bloodhound’s safety. This will prevent the muzzle from slipping, prevent your Bloodhound from being able to chew the material and prevent injury to your Bloodhound or others given the loose straps. We love the Baskerville muzzle which can be heat-shaped to your Bloodhound’s snout.
Able to breathe, drink and pant
The muzzle you purchase should ideally offer your Bloodhound the ability to breathe and pant. This will help to reduce anxiety and will eliminate injury. If you do purchase a muzzle that does not allow them to drink, it is imperative that this muzzle be worn for an extremely short time. If you are purchasing a muzzle for training, one that allows you to feed your Bloodhound small treats is also ideal. Bloodhounds are very food motivated!
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Bloodhounds
- Best Puppy Food for Bloodhounds
- Best Dog Crate for Bloodhounds
- Best Dog Bed for Bloodhounds
- Best Dog Brush for Bloodhounds
- Best Dog Toys for Bloodhounds
- Best Dog Collar for Bloodhounds
- Best Dog Harness for Bloodhounds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Bloodhounds