The Brussels Griffon is well known for being a very vocal dog and as such they tend to bark a lot, especially at night when most of the sounds of the day die down and they can hear everything. It is very common for their owners to buy them muzzles for this purpose or just for vet trips as this breed can be aggressive with new people. Whichever your reason for wanting a muzzle, this article is here to help you choose one.
Below are the top five recommended dog muzzles for your Brussels Griffon with short item descriptions to explain why each one made this list. At the end of the article is a buying guide with extra information about the various features of dog muzzles that you may want for your Brussels Griffon.
Best Dog Muzzles for Brussels Griffons
Here are our Brussels Griffon dog muzzle reviews.
The Baskerville Heat Shaping, Washable and Breathable Muzzle is made for all your sizing needs, just heat it up, shape it and repeat until it fits your Brussels Griffon perfectly. The material is easy to wash, just wipe a rage over it and you’re done. The breathable basket allows the best airflow possible for your Brussels Griffon on hot days.
- Heat shaping allows you to custom fit the muzzle to your Brussels Griffon
- Easy to wash muzzle makes cleaning quick for you
- Breathable basket is a must for those hot summer days
The Barkless Soft Silicone Breathable Muzzle is made to attach to your Brussels Griffon’s collar for added stability. The basket is made from gentle silicone that reduces rubbing and chafing against your dog’s snout. The breathable basket allows your Brussels Griffon to pant as needed on hot summer days.
- Attaches to your dog’s collar for additional stability
- Silicone reduces painful rubbing and chafing in your dog
- Basket is breathable for those hot summer days
The CollarDirect Adjustable Breathable Nylon Muzzle is made to meet all of your Brussels Griffon’s sizing needs. The breathable fabric offers the best airflow on those hot summer days that your Brussels Griffon needs to pant to cool off. With heavy duty nylon, this muzzle is durable and comfortable for your Brussels Griffon.
- Adjustable muzzles are made to fit directly to your Brussels Griffon
- Breathable design allows your dog to cool off in summer
- The materials are heavy duty and made to last
The GoodBoy Padded Adjustable Muzzle With Bonus Collar is made to connect to the included collar for a more stable and escape proof muzzle for your Brussels Griffon. The adjustable feature allows you to fit the muzzle directly to your Brussels Griffon’s needs. The interior padding offers extra comfort to your Brussels Griffon for long hours of wearing their muzzle.
- Added collar connects to the muzzle for added stability
- Adjustable features on the muzzle make for a snug fit
- Neoprene padding on the inside of the collar offer extra comfort
The Crazy Felix Breathable Mesh Basket Muzzle is made with the highest quality of mesh to ensure a long lasting muzzle for your Brussels Griffon. The open basket design allows your Brussels Griffon to drink and pant as needed. The mesh offers airflow and breathability to the muzzle for those hot summer days.
- Mesh is made from durable nylon for a long lasting muzzle
- Open basket allows drinking and panting while being worn
- Airflow and breathability for hot summer days
Brussels Griffon Dog Muzzle Buying Guide
As you can see there are many different types of dog muzzle on the market for your Brussels Griffon and they all have their own benefits. Keep in mind that you should always measure your Brussels Griffon carefully and compare that measurement to the brand’s sizing guide to ensure a well fitting muzzle for your Brussels Griffon. If the muzzle is too tight then it can chafe your dog’s snout painfully but if it is too loose then it can fall off. You should be able to slide a finger between the muzzle and your Brussels Griffon’s snout for the best fit possible. Now we will continue on to the most popular features of dog muzzle that you may want for your Brussels Griffon.
Heat shaping is exactly what it sounds like, these muzzles are made with materials that can be heated up, shaped to your Brussels Griffon’s needs, cooled off and then worn. You can redo this process as many times as necessary until you have the best custom fitting muzzle possible for your Brussels Griffon. Some of the different brands have different ways of doing this so it is important that you read the instructions thoroughly before attempting to resize the muzzle to ensure the best quality for your Brussels Griffon.
Many muzzles are made with interior padding thanks to its ability to reduce or stop chafing on your Brussels Griffon’s skin. Whether this padding is made from neoprene, mesh or other fabrics it is a great asset to have for your Brussels Griffon to stop any painful rubbing and makes wearing the muzzle for long periods of time easier on your Brussels Griffon.
Open Basket Design
One of the most important things when you buy a muzzle with a basket design is that it is open. Your Brussels Griffon should be able to pant and drink while wearing their muzzle for the best safety and the most humane muzzle possible. There are some muzzles made so that your Brussels Griffon can eat while wearing them but those can cause problems on walks if they come across garbage. No matter which muzzle you get, you should be sure that your Brussels Griffon can breath easily with it on.
Attaches to Collar
Many people are confused when they see the muzzles that attach to their Brussels Griffon’s collar. Why do we have such a thing? Well the answer is simple; having a muzzle that attaches to your Brussels Griffon’s collar increases the stability of the muzzle and makes it harder to get out of for those escape artist puppies. If your Brussels Griffon is known for getting out of things then you may want this feature.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Brussels Griffons
- Best Puppy Food for Brussels Griffons
- Best Dog Crate for Brussels Griffons
- Best Dog Bed for Brussels Griffons
- Best Dog Brush for Brussels Griffons
- Best Dog Toys for Brussels Griffons
- Best Dog Collar for Brussels Griffons
- Best Dog Harness for Brussels Griffons
- Best Dog Shampoo for Brussels Griffons