French Bulldogs are lovable family dogs that have a lovely personality. However, French Bulldogs have been known to snap, especially if they are anxious or there is food involved! Whatever the reason, be it a vet visit, groomer or just a food aggressive Frenchie, it’s critical that the muzzle you purchase is made specifically for a Frenchie. This is because French Bulldogs have short snouts and a different shape to their face.
Therefore, a traditional muzzle will not fit a French BUlldog and could cause grievous injury to your pet. We’ve reviewed a number of muzzles that are made for French Bulldogs or dogs with a similar short snout and selected our top reviewed and rated.
Best Dog Muzzles for French Bulldogs
Here are our French Bulldog dog muzzle reviews.
The Real Pet Short muzzle is made specifically for dogs, like the French Bulldog, who have short snouts. This muzzle will keep your pet safely restrained while in use. The breathable mesh material also adds to your pet’s comfort.
- This dog mask is widened at the chin, and the adjustable strap can be used to secure the mask to the dog’s head.
- Our Short snout muzzle With Eyehole structure ensures maximum visibility.
- Soft edge can protect your Frenchie’s eyes and nose from being rubbed.
The wintchuk was specifically designed for French Bulldogs and other short snouteded dogs where a regular muzzle would be dangerous. This muzzle protects your dog and keeps him or her secure, whether it’s at the vet or out in the park. Made of breathable mesh fabric, this muzzle reduces injury.
- An ‘all around the mouth’ protection allows your dog to drink, but prevents them from eating.
- The delicate material prevents nose and eye friction.
- The adjustable buckle makes it easy to provide a more custom fit.
THE JYHY muzzle was made specifically for the short nosed pet and increases visibility for your French Bulldog. The muzzle is surrounded by fabric that prevents irritation or rashes on your Frenchie’s face. And, the durable construction ensures that the mask will stay secure.
- The adjustable buckle also features a quick release feature.
- The breathable mesh helps keep your pet calm but not restricting air flow.
- The muzzle still allows your Frenchie room to breath and drink .
The Canine Friendly muzzle is designed to offer the ultimate comfort and protection for your French Bulldog. This highly adjustable muzzle not only offers adjustment on the muzzle, but comes in a range of sizes for the perfect fit for your pet. And, it comes in two colors: gray and orange.
- The adjustable slider also has an easy to use side release buckle.
- Made from breathable mesh and durable nylon construction.
- Soft bumpers prevent the mesh from rubbing on eyes.
The TANDD is a high-quality muzzle designed for your French Bulldog’s safety. This muzzle allows your pet to breathe freely while also not restricting your Frenchie’s ability to pant or drink. But, the durable material keeps your pet extremely secure against biting or snapping.
- The dog muzzle is made of environmentally-friendly PVC material.
- TANDD has an adjustable strap that allows you to adjust the strap to make it fit snugly.
- The three-hole design does not hinder your pet’s vision, and your Frenchie can still extend its tongue fully to pant.
French Bulldog Muzzle Buying Guide
French Bulldogs are loveable pets that tend not to be overly aggressive. However, an anxious Frenchie has been known to snap when nervous at the vet or groomer. And, Frenchies are particularly food motivated, which could cause a problem around other animals. Whatever the reason, if you are looking for a muzzle for your Frenchie, it’s critical that you purchase a mask with these specific elements.
Made for French Bulldogs or small snouted animals
The French Bulldog has a short snout and a small underbite. It is crucial you purchase a muzzle specifically made for a French Bulldog or other small snouted animal. Otherwise, the mask wil be ineffective and can cause extreme injury to your pet.
Easy to breathe
Your French Bulldog must be able to breath, pant, and potentially drink water in their muzzle. Look for muzzles made of breathable mesh that have openings that allow the dog to drink water, and certainly to pant. This will help keep your French Bulldog calm and reduce any anxiety associated with the event or wearing the muzzle.
High visibility with rounded corners
Look for a muzzle that offers plenty of opportunities for sight. It’s also important that the muzzle has soft, rounded corners around the eyes, nose and mouth. This will prevent the muzzle from rubbing against the skin and causing rashes or injury.
Just like a harness or a collar, the muzzle must also be adjustable. This will prevent injury and keep the muzzle securely fashioned to your Frenchie’s face. Look for a muzzle that has at least one point of adjustment, preferably two. Especially around the neck and jaw areas.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for French Bulldogs
- Best Puppy Food for French Bulldogs
- Best Dog Crate for French Bulldogs
- Best Dog Bed for French Bulldogs
- Best Dog Brush for French Bulldogs
- Best Dog Toys for French Bulldogs
- Best Dog Collar for French Bulldogs
- Best Dog Harness for French Bulldogs
- Best Dog Shampoo for French Bulldogs