Below are the top five recommended dog muzzles for Golden Retrievers and each one has a short item description beside it for added information. At the end of the article is a buying guide with extra information about the various muzzles for Golden Retrievers on the market and the various features they have.
Best Dog Muzzles for Golden Retrievers
Here are our Golden Retriever dog muzzle reviews.
The Baskerville Ultra Dog Muzzle is made with the highest quality of materials to ensure a sturdy and comfortable muzzle for your Golden Retriever. The design is made to allow your furry friend to pant, drink and eat with it on for the maximum amount of safety. With heat shaping design this muzzle allows for a custom fit to your Golden Retriever.
- Quality materials ensure a durable and soft dog muzzle
- Allows eating, drinking and panting freely while wearing muzzle
- Heat shaping design gives custom fit to your Golden Retriever
The CollarDirect Dog Muzzle is made with reflective stitching in the straps to give you and your Golden Retriever safer night walks. The design allows both panting and drinking, making it safer than the average muzzle for your pooch. The inside of the straps are padded with cotton to prevent painful rubbing or chafing on your Golden Retriever.
- Reflective stitching offers safer night walks
- Allows drinking and panting while muzzle is worn
- Straps are padded with cotton for your Golden Retriever’s comfort
The GoodBoy Gentle Dog Muzzle is made with soft neoprene padding to ensure your Golden Retriever is comfortable when in their muzzle. The design stops barking, biting and growling while allowing them to pant and drink freely. With an extra collar included, this muzzle is harder to escape from for those furry houdini’s in your life.
- Neoprene padding on the inside of the muzzle for anti chafing
- Allows panting and drinking while muzzle is worn
- Attached to included collar for extra stability
The LePark Large Dog Muzzle is made with sturdy nylon to ensure a comfortable but sturdy dog muzzle for your Golden Retriever. The adjustable loop allows you to fit the muzzle to your Golden Retriever’s snout in a snug but not too tight fit. With six sizes and colors to choose from, this muzzle has a wide variety of choices for your preference.
- Sturdy nylon gives durability and comfort to your Golden Retriever’s muzzle
- Adjustable muzzle is great for near custom fitting
- Wide variety of sizes and colors for your choice of style
The Barkless Leather Dog Muzzle is made with the highest quality of leather to ensure a durable but comfortable dog muzzle for your Golden Retriever. The leather is light weight to be sure to not strain your dog’s neck as they wear it. Both the bottom and sides have straps that are adjustable to give your Golden Retriever the closest possible fitting muzzle.
- Leather is quality to ensure a durable muzzle
- Light weight muzzle is great for long hours of use
- Adjustable straps on bottom and sides for multiple points of adjustment
Golden Retriever Dog Muzzle Buying Guide
As you can see from the above products, there is a wide variety of dog muzzles for Golden Retrievers on the market. Each muzzle has something that makes them a good buy, but not all of them are an all around good muzzle for your Golden Retriever. When buying the muzzle you should always remember to measure your Golden Retriever’s snout carefully and then match it to the sizing guide for the brand you plan on buying from. This lowers the risk of buying one that isn’t the right size.
When buying a muzzle for your Golden Retriever, the adjustable feature is one of the best things you can get for them. Many dogs have slightly different head shapes and the adjustable muzzle allows your Golden Retriever to have a snug but not too tightly fitting muzzle. The only better feature to have for sizing is heat shaping which we will go into more detail about next.
Heat shaping is a relatively new feature among the muzzles, but it is probably the single best one to have for any Golden Retriever’s sizing needs. Heat shaping makes it where you can heat up the muzzle and then reshape it to your Golden Retriever’s snout to make a custom fitting muzzle. Once it is in the desired size, just put the muzzle in cold water until it is solid again.
Able to Drink/Eat
This is my biggest pet peeve when a muzzle for my dog. Our pets are our furry friends and they should be treated how you would treat family. Anytime your dog has to wear a muzzle, you should make sure they can pant at the minimum, but I like to go a few steps past that and find muzzles that allow them to drink and eat if the option is available. Not many muzzles allow eating when wearing them, so you may have to settle for just drinking but even that is better than only panting.
Connects to Collar
Finding a muzzle for your Golden Retriever that connects to their collar is nice because it increases the stability on the muzzle and is more likely to stay situated. If it isn’t anchored onto something then it is more likely to slide around or in some cases it can slip off your Golden Retriever completely. I don’t have to explain why that is a bad thing, so added stability is a good thing to have.
There are many muzzles out there that chafe and rub against your Golden Retriever’s snout when they wear them. An easy way of avoiding these is to keep an eye on the material and the fit of the muzzle. Always measure your Golden Retriever before purchasing to ensure the correct fitting muzzle. There should be at least a finger if not two of space between their mouth and the muzzle.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Golden Retrievers
- Best Dog Crate for Golden Retrievers
- Best Dog Bed for Golden Retrievers
- Best Dog Brush for Golden Retrievers
- Best Dog Toys for Golden Retrievers
- Best Dog Collar for Golden Retrievers
- Best Dog Harness for Golden Retrievers
- Best Dog Shampoo for Golden Retrievers