Best Dog Muzzles for Whippets
Here are our reviews for the best dog muzzles for whippets.
Downtown Pet Supply’s basket cage muzzle is made with a strong, flexible, plastic and includes a comfort strip for your whippets’ snout. The full cage offers a high level of security if your dog is a biter or likes to eat things they shouldn’t. Has adjustable straps and a quick release buckle.
- Won’t chafe your dogs’ snout
- Durable nylon straps
- Safe and allows for maximum breathability
Birdwell Enterprises’ dog muzzle is made with tough, lightweight plastic that won’t bend or warp with heavy wear. The design of the muzzle allows for drinking, panting, and being fed, without allowing the dog to eat undesirable items. Available in 6 color options and 2 sizes, though the medium will fit most dogs.
- American, family owned company
- Easy to clean
- No rough edges touching your dog
Bronzedog’s Greyhound Muzzle was made specifically for dogs with the unique head structure you’ll fine in whippets. The wire snout cage will allow your dog to drink, without letting them eat things off the ground. With four adjustable straps, you’ll be able to ensure a great fit for your dog.
- Genuine leather straps
- Full ventilations prevents breathing discomfort in heat
- Only comes in one size, so make sure will fit your dog before purchasing
The Tfeng muzzle is great if your whippet tends to over lick themselves or bark a lot. The soft snout cover is also great for handling, to prevent biting and nipping. Due to the design of this muzzle, it is not recommended for heavy activity as the dog will not be able to pant properly.
- Velcro across snout makes it adjustable
- Leash loop provided for extra security
- Comfortable, breathable mesh on underside of snout
Mayerzon’s basket muzzle is made of soft, pliable rubber, that can also be widened or narrowed if required. Your whippet will be able to pant, drink and receive treats due to the wide holes that also provide great ventilation and prevent your dog from overheating. Prevents your dog from scavenging as well as licking wounds.
- Comes with money back guarantee and warranty
- Detailed manual and muzzle training guide included
- Adjustable nylon straps
Whippet Dog Muzzle Buyer’s Guide
Our buying guide reviews the best dog muzzles for your whippet.
Muzzles are made with durable materials, that are still comfortable enough to be on your dogs’ snout. The materials differ from rubber, to plastic, to nylon, to wire, to mesh. The design of the muzzle will dictate what materials are used with the basket version having the most choices. The hardware on your muzzle will also offer a choice, usually between plastic and metal.
While the concept of muzzles is mostly the same, there are some slight variations to them, depending on its purpose. Some muzzles are to prevent your dog from barking so much, so generally these ones will be more fitted to your dogs’ snout. If you need an all-around muzzle, one of the basket ones is good as it will prevent biting, licking, eating off the ground, yet they can still pant, drink, and accept treats.
Muzzle sizing is extremely important, especially for whippets due to their shape, to ensure the correct fit. Having an ill fitted muzzle could be dangerous. Most often companies will provide size guides and show you exactly how to measure your dog for their muzzles. We only looked at muzzles for your whippet, but there are different size options available for short-snouted dogs as well.
- Best Leash for Dogs that Pull
- Best Dog Harness
- Best Dog Muzzle
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Bike Trailer
- Best Dog Stroller
- Best Dog Training Collar
- Best Dog Leash for Running
- Best Dog Food for Whippets
- Best Puppy Food for Whippets
- Best Dog Crate for Whippets
- Best Dog Bed for Whippets
- Best Dog Brush for Whippets
- Best Dog Toys for Whippets
- Best Dog Collar for Whippets
- Best Dog Harness for Whippets
- Best Dog Shampoo for Whippets