Originated in France, muscular Poitevin is a large scent hound that also goes by the name “Haut- Poitou.” This hunting dog came into being in the 17th century. The purebred dog shares its ancestry with Chien Ceris, English foxhound, Irish scent hounds, and Montemboeuf. This French dog loves to roam, and it has a short coat all over its body.
The highly energetic Poitevin needs a significant amount of exercise daily to keep the body fit and healthy. As a responsible dog owner, you should equip yourself with the following dog products as they are some of the finest ones that you can get for your Poitevin.
Best Dog Food For Poitevin Hounds
The best dog food for Poitevin is Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Healthy Weight Adult Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe. Packed with guaranteed prebiotics, the dog food contains pea protein, carrots, sweet potatoes, turmeric, dehydrated alfalfa meal, etc. The mineral-rich dog food removes toxic elements from the body and contributes to steady growth.
- The low-calorie diet is free from grains, and it can control the weight of dogs.
- The savory dog food is good for healthy skin as it contains both omega three and omega-six fatty acids.
- The dry food has a lot of fiber in it, and so it produces odor-free stool.
Best Puppy Food For Poitevin Hounds
The best puppy food for Poitevin is Hill’s Science Diet Puppy Large Breed Chicken Meal & Oat Recipe. The savory puppy meal includes oats, chicken, fish oil, apples, cranberries, etc., and it controls blood sugar. Designed for fast growth, puppy food has healing properties; that is why sick dogs can eat this special dry food.
- It contains chicken liver flavor and other natural flavors which boost the appetite of the puppy.
- Packed with garden veggies and real fruits, the kibbles are exceptionally crunchy.
- The moisture mixed puppy recipe has metabolizable energy of 394 kcal/cup.
Best Dog Bed For Poitevin Hounds
The best dog bed for Poitevin is FurHaven Two-Tone Deluxe Chaise Orthopedic Dog Bed. The rectangular pet bed has an L-shaped bolster, and its top sleeping surface is made of soft faux fur. The medical-grade dog bed comes with a polyester zippered cover.
- The supportive napping zone lets your Poitevin cuddle with the bolsters.
- The orthopedic dog bed is made of recycled fillers, and it ensures deep cleaning.
- The multi-colored dog bed reduces the pain of the neck and spine.
Best Dog Crate For Poitevin Hounds
The best dog crate for Poitevin is MidWest Solutions Series XX-Large Heavy Duty Double Door Wire Dog Crate. The heavy-duty pet home is made with highly durable metal wires, which are black in color. The sturdy configuration of the crate features a matching tray, puppy divider, etc.
- It has two doors for easy entrance.
- The crate comes in only XX-Large size, and it has an E-coat all over the exterior part of the body.
- The 45 inches high crate lets the Poitevin jump inside it, and it controls the anxiety level of dogs.
Best Dog Harness For Poitevin Hounds
The best dog harness for Poitevin is OneTigris Tactical Vest Nylon Front Clip Dog Harness. The extraordinary harness features MOLLE webbing, which keeps the Poitevin comfortable in all the seasons. The water-resistant harness has soft interior padding.
- The adjustable dog harness has a control loop for convenient use.
- This training kit has a lot of pockets.
- The walking nylon harness covers chest girth up to 42 inches.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Treat
- Best Automatic Fetch Machine
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Food Container
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Dog Ramp
- Best Dog Cooling Vest
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Cooling Pad
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Dog Training Book