Energetic, agile, and obedient, the Shikoku is a medium-sized dog native to Japan. Also known as Kochi-ken, Shikoku are bred initially as hunting dogs due to their fantastic tracking skills, but they do just as well as companion dogs. They have a wolf-like appearance, with a strong and athletic build like all dogs from the spitz family.
The Shikoku dogs are an intelligent breed which makes training them quite easy, provided it gets the right kind of food, living space, and care. So, if you plan to get a Shikoku home, you will need to buy a few basic and essential dog products to ensure that your pet gets all the comfort and care it deserves.
Best Dog Food For Shikoku
The best dog food for Shikoku is Diamond Naturals Lamb Meal & Rice Formula Adult Dry Dog Food. The Diamond Naturals brand is one of the leading brands selling some of the most nutritious and delicious dog foods in the country. They are packed with natural ingredients rich in proteins, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other essential nutrients that will help your Shikoku’s health and well-being.
- Contains proteins from lamb, fish, and other natural food for healthy muscle and bone development
- Does not contain any fillers, food allergens, or artificial additives
- Formulated under stringent food safety protocols
Best Puppy Food For Shikoku
The best puppy food for Shikoku is Purina Pro Plan Puppy Lamb & Rice Formula Dry Dog Food. This dry puppy food by Purina Pro is a treat for young Shikoku pups as it aids in their overall growth and development. It is formulated with rich nutrients such as proteins, omega fatty acids, probiotics that can help your pup grow into a healthy and energetic adult.
- Vets recommend this meal for an apt development of Shih Apso.
- Contains live probiotics that promote healthy digestion.
- Features lamb as the base ingredient that supports strong and healthy muscles.
Best Dog Crate For Shikoku
The best dog crate for Shikoku is MidWest LifeStages Double Door Collapsible Wire Dog Crate. This dog crate is undoubtedly one of the best crates for your Shikoku, no matter what its age is. It offers your Shikoku a safe and secure living space and aids you in your mission to house train your new pet more efficiently.
- Features two doors for easy access and convenience
- Comes with a divider panel that helps adjust the size of the crate as your Shikoku grows
- Features secure slide-bolt latches that keep your Shikoku safe when it is in the crate
Best Dog Bed For Shikoku
The best dog bed for Shikoku is FurHaven Perfect Comfort Velvet Waves Full Support Orthopedic Sofa Dog Bed. This bed provides the comfort and relaxation that any Shih Apso desires. it is made of premium-grade orthopedic foam, with cushioned bolsters and an easily washable cover, making it one of the best dog beds in the market.
- Made of soft and comfortable outer fabric
- Includes medical-grade orthopedic foam that soothes muscles
- Adds a nice touch to your décor
Best Dog Harness For Shikoku
The best dog harness for Shikoku is the Puppia RiteFit Polyester Back Clip Dog Harness. This harness will help you have a stress-free walk in the park. It is super comfortable to wear with an adjustable chest belt, snap buckle, and a convenient D-ring, perfect for regular use.
- Features adjustable straps for a comfortable fit
- Made of an easy to clean polyester fabric
- Features soft mesh padding for added comfort
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Treat
- Best Automatic Fetch Machine
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Food Container
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Dog Ramp
- Best Dog Cooling Vest
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Cooling Pad
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Dog Training Book