Known as “wash and wear” dogs due to the ease of taking care of their coats, it is nevertheless important to get the “wash” part right with the correct dog shampoo. A good shampoo for these dogs is essential to making the natural colors of the coat shine and get the mud off from outdoor play!
Best Dog Shampoos for Australian Cattle Dogs
Here are our Australian Cattle Dog shampoo reviews.
Paws & Pals 100% All-Natural Pet Wash Shampoo is specially formulated for dry, sensitive, skin and coat of your dog. This nourishing formula is made with natural ingredients specifically tailored to soothe your pet’s sensitive skin while offering a gentle clean. And this vegan formula also includes essential oils for a sweet smelling clean.
- All-natural aloe, jojoba and coconut oils relieve painful and itchy skin caused by fleas, dander, and dryness.
- Paws and Pals is a tearless, soapless formula.
- Paraben free and cruelty free formula.
The Wahl shampoo features a lemongrass and sage scent that is great for keeping the skin and coat healthy. When skin and coat are healthy, this means less shedding and excess fur. Wahl has a higher concentrate of coconut derived sodding agent, so it does not require as much shampoo as others.
- The rich lather helps clean and freshen dirty coats and other environmental residue that dulls your dog’s coat and odor.
- Lemongrass, sage, oatmeal, and aloe to keep your German Shepherd’s coat refreshed and healthy.
- Wahl shampoo is PEG-80 free, Alcohol free, paraben free, and pH balanced.
Pet Care Sciences is the highest quality professional grade formula dog shampoo and conditioner in one. This formula is leaves your dog smelling great with their coat in wonderful condition. And, it is a totally naturally derived formula.
- Made with 96% naturally derived ingredients including coconut oil.
- This gentle formula contains no sulfate, parabens, phosphate, MEA or DEA.
- Pet Care will leave your dog with a fresh, luminous coat for up to 6 weeks.
The Bohdi dog shampoo is a delicious smelling all-natural plant-based pet shampoo that provides a deep clean gently and is safe for sensitive skinned pets. The Bohdi Dog formula is vitamin enriched, alcohol free and contains deodorizing baking soda to neutralize pet smell and treat dandruff and pet dander. The formula is also made in the USA.
- Bohdi dog is an all plant botanical based moisturizing pet shampoo that contains high quality natural ingredients including oat proteins, aloe vera, coconut, vitamins A, D & E and fruit extracts.
- The all-natural oatmeal shampoo is 100% detergent and alcohol free and 100% non-toxic.
- This is a locally sourced and sustainable ingredients, animal cruelty free production and eco-friendly recyclable packaging.
Nothing soothes your dog better than the aloe vera and almond oil in this unique formula. This shampoo is especially formulated for your pet if it has sensitive skin! Keep your Australian Cattle dog tangle and itch free!
- This formula is soap, detergent and sulfate free.
- Helps to de-tangle for easy brushing.
- Can be used with flea treatments.
Australian Cattle Dog Shampoo Buyer’s Guide
The outdoor-loving Australian Cattle Dog loves activity and can get dirty as a result. Fortunately, their coats are short-haired and easy to clean, meaning they are what’s known in dog breeding circles as a “wash and wear” dog. When looking for the right shampoo to help with the “washing” part, keep an eye out for these features:
No artificial detergents. Chemical detergents can dry out a dog’s skin, cause excessive shedding after a bath, sting when it gets into a dog’s eyes. To avoid this, look for the many dog shampoos that are either soapless or made tear-free with natural soaps. Avoiding detergents will prevent bath time from becoming unpleasant and difficult for dogs and owners.
No parabens and sulfates. Sometimes Australian Cattle Dogs have sensitive skin, which can react and cause the dog discomfort and itching when exposed to parabens and sulfates—common lathering and scenting ingredients in shampoo. Making sure your dog shampoo does not contain these ingredients will help keep your dog healthier.
Compatibility with flea treatments. As dogs that love the outdoors, Australian Cattle Dogs can pick up fleas. It’s worth making sure that your shampoo won’t wash off a flea treatment if there’s a possibility your dog might need both. There are several shampoos on the market that work with common flea treatments.
The right smell. Australian Cattle Dogs are very loyal and like to be near their human. Be aware that dog shampoos have a large variety of scents from which to choose. Make sure that bath time, and the clean fur coat that results, is pleasant for all the owners!
- Best Dog Shampoos
- Best Puppy Shampoos
- Best Medicated Dog Shampoos
- Best Dry Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Conditioners
- Best Hairless Dog Shampoos
- Best Antibacterial and Anti-Fungal Dog Shampoos
- Best Australian Cattle Dog Essentials, Accessories, and Toys
- Best Dog Food for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Crate for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Bed for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Brush for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Toys for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Collar for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Harness for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Muzzle for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Puppy Food for Australian Cattle Dogs