Do you own a Border Collie and are trying to find a shampoo that meets all of your grooming needs? When choosing a shampoo for your furry friend you should keep in mind that some soaps are made with heavy and potentially harmful chemicals that can cause allergic reactions. Always be sure to check the ingredients list on the back of the shampoo before you buy it to ensure there are no harmful or negative materials.
Below are the top five recommended dog shampoos for your Border Collie, with short item descriptions to explain why that item made this list. At the bottom of the article is a buying guide with extra information about the various shampoos on the market that your Border Collie would love and their features you may be interested in.
Best Dog Shampoo for Border Collies
Here are our Border Collie dog shampoo reviews.
The Furminator Deshedding Ultra Dog Shampoo is made to be used monthly for the best deshedding results for your Border Collie. The ingredients promote a healthy coat and skin, making your dog happier after each bath time. With no parabens or chemical dyes, this shampoo is safe for your Border Collie.
- Use monthly for best shedding reduction in your dog
- Promotes healthy skin and coat in your Border Collie
- No parabens and chemicals for a safe shampoo
The Pro Pet Works Organic Dog Shampoo is made completely all natural to ensure a safer shampoo for your Border Collie. The two in one recipe cuts down the time each bath takes to save you time. The recipe is hypoallergenic for Border Collie’s with allergies or sensitive skin.
- All natural shampoo has no harmful chemicals
- Two in one design is great for quicker baths
- Hypoallergenic is great for dogs with allergies or skin sensitivities
The Honeydew Lavender Scented Dog Shampoo is made with the best quality of ingredients to ensure a safe shampoo for your Border Collie. The formula reaches deep into your dog’s fur to remove the odors and replace them with a pleasant lavender scent. Lavender is also known for its anti itching qualities, making it great for Border Collie’s with dry skin.
- Best ingredients used for a high quality shampoo
- Reaches deep into undercoat to remove and cover bad smells
- Anti itch shampoo made with lavender
The Wahl Four in One Dog Shampoo is made with lavender and chamomile for a soothing formula that moisturizes your Border Collie’s dry skin. The shampoo is great for detangling your dog’s fur. The recipe is made entirely hypoallergenic, making it great for Border Collies with allergies.
- Lavender and chamomile is great for dry and irritated skin
- Shampoo makes detangling your Border Collie’s fur easy
- Hypoallergenic is perfect for dogs with allergies
The Nature’s Miracle Odor Control Dog Shampoo is made with oatmeal, a well known ingredient that soothes dry or irritated skin, great for your Border Collie. The all natural formula is completely chemical free for a safe shampoo. The shampoo is made with deodorizing agents that reach deep into your Border Collie’s coat.
- Oatmeal is used to soothe dry and irritated skin
- All natural shampoo is chemical free for safety
- Deodorizing ingredients reach deep to remove unpleasant smells
Border Collie Dog Shampoo Buying Guide
As you can see from the above products, there are many different shampoos that would work for your Border Collie. If your pup has an allergy then you should be extra vigilant to watch the material lists, as some brands will slip in less savory ingredients in the fine print that your Border Collie is allergic to. Now we will go on to see the different features you and your Border Collie may want in a shampoo.
If your Border Collie has an allergy or just sensitive skin then this is the feature of shampoo you want the most. Hypoallergenic shampoos are made with all ingredients least likely to cause reactions in dogs with allergies. All natural dog shampoos also are nice for this purpose but hypoallergenic is the single best thing you can get for your Border Collie with allergies.
Does your Border Collie love nothing more than to go outside, roll in the stinkiest thing they can find, and then come running inside to show you their new smell? A deodorizing dog shampoo is your new best friend if the above is true. These shampoos are made to reach deeply into your dog’s coat to remove the particles of dirt and grime that the scent is trapped in, thus removing the horrible scent.
If your Border Collie loathes bath time or anything to do with wet, then a waterless dog shampoo is the solution to your problem. Most of these shampoos are made to spray on your Border Collie, brush into their fur, and you’re ready to go. Others are a cream that you massage into their coat but whichever version you choose, you don’t need to wash it out afterwards.
Border Collies, among many other breeds, are famous for their shedding. The perfect way to lower the shedding amount is to combine the effects of grooming your Border Collie daily with a brush made to lower shedding and wash them with a deshedding shampoo. These two things will reduce how much fur gets trailed across your house by mass amounts.
- Best Dog Shampoos
- Best Puppy Shampoos
- Best Medicated Dog Shampoos
- Best Dry Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Conditioners
- Best Hairless Dog Shampoos
- Best Antibacterial and Anti-Fungal Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Food for Border Collies
- Best Dog Crate for Border Collies
- Best Dog Bed for Border Collies
- Best Dog Brush for Border Collies
- Best Dog Toys for Border Collies
- Best Dog Collar for Border Collies
- Best Dog Harness for Border Collies
- Best Dog Muzzle for Border Collies
- Best Puppy Food for Border Collies