Best Dog Shampoo for Chorkies
Here are our dog shampoo for Chorkies reviews.
Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe Shampoo is a premium shampoo designed to leave your Chorkie’s coat feeling silky soft. This soothing blend is perfect for pups with sensitive skin or prone to allergic reactions.
- Jasmine & Vanilla scent
- Formula is pH-balanced for dogs
- Soap-free formula naturally cleanses with coconut
Burt’s Bees for Dogs is an all-natural shampoo made with colloidal oat flour, honey and beeswax. The formula is perfect for Chorkies with itchy or dry skin due to over washing or the common atopic dermatitis.
- No parabens, sulfates, fragrances or colorants
- Green tea extract nourishes coat and skin
- Burt’s Bees Conditioner available separately
Healthy Breeds Dog Shampoos are specially formulated for specific dog breeds. This Yorkshire Terrier blend is perfect for your Chorkie and contains soothing oatmeal and aloe for sensitive skin.
- Delicious pina colada scent
- Formula is hypoallergenic and pH balanced for dogs
- Mild and gentle for sensitive skin
4Legger Dog Shampoo is a USDA-certified organic hypoallergenic dog shampoo that naturally moisturizes your Chorkie’s coat, leaving it silky and soft. This soothing soap-free formula is perfect for your Chorkie’s sensitive skin.
- Natural ingredients include aloe, lemongrass and coconut oil
- No parabens, sulfates, detergents or preservatives
- Deters fleas with essential oils
Nature’s Specialties Plum Silky Pet Shampoo is a non-oily texturizing shampoo with silk proteins for your Chorkie’s soft, silky coat. This shampoo conditions, deodorizes and adds highlight for a clean, fresh look and smell.
- Contains vitamin A, E, D and essential oils
- Non-toxic, biodegradable blend
- Concentrated formula for more washes per bottle
Dog Shampoo for Chorkies Buyer’s Guide
Choosing a shampoo for your Chorkie is an important decision, as you will be bathing him every week or two to keep his coat and skin in good shape. Don’t be tempted to use human shampoo or conditioner, as these can dry out your pup’s coat. Chorkiesare prone to skin irritations and are known to develop atopic dermatitis, a skin allergy disease that can lead to red, dry and itchy skin. At the same time, Chorkie’s coats can easily become oily, so weekly or bi-weekly washing is recommended. Thanks to their Yorkshire Terrier lineage, their coats take a bit of time to maintain, but getting the right shampoo and grooming tools will help keep your Chorkie looking and feeling great.
Our buying guide reviews the best shampoo for Chorkies on the market so you can choose the right one for your pup. The following features are included on most premium dog shampoos and will help you to choose which features you need for your Chorkie’s shampoo.
Nourishing and Moisturizing
Keeping your Chorkie’s coat detangled is top priority, as knots can quickly lead to painful mats. A shampoo formulated for detangling will help keep his hair silky and smooth. Your Chorkie’s shampoo needs to nourish and condition his coat, so it does not dry out and become dull and flat. Choose a conditioning shampoo, or a 2-in 1 shampoo and conditioner for efficiency. Look for natural ingredients such as olive oil, coconut oil or aloe. Panthenol will help retain moisture and protect the hairs from breakage.
Formulated for Allergies
Chorkies can have sensitive skin, which requires a hypo-allergenic shampoo containing no irritants or detergents. These will dry out their skin and make your pup itchy and uncomfortable. An all-natural formula will have no artificial colors, preservatives or alcohol – common irritants in dog shampoo. Ideally, the dog shampoo for your Chorkie will have soothing ingredients such as oatmeal, aloe and vitamin E. Always check with your veterinarian if you suspect a more serious skin issue developing.
- Best Dog Shampoos
- Best Puppy Shampoos
- Best Medicated Dog Shampoos
- Best Dry Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Conditioners
- Best Hairless Dog Shampoos
- Best Antibacterial and Anti-Fungal Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Food for Chorkies
- Best Puppy Food for Chorkies
- Best Dog Crate for Chorkies
- Best Dog Bed for Chorkies
- Best Dog Brush for Chorkies
- Best Dog Toys for Chorkies
- Best Dog Collar for Chorkies
- Best Dog Harness for Chorkies
- Best Dog Muzzle for Chorkies