Cocker Spaniels are special breeds of dogs trained for hunting, hiking, flushing games, and dog shows. During these habitual tasks, it may fall into the mud and ditches where it could sustain injuries, suffer skin irritations, and mess up its coat and fur.
Spaniels involved in flushing games need to bathe every week or two weeks. Therefore, you need to apply specially made shampoos to combat some skin problems like seborrhea that attack Cocker Spaniels.
Best Dog Shampoo for Cocker Spaniels
Our reviews of dog shampoo for Cocker Spaniels include
This dog shampoo is prepared to treat bacterial and fungal infections, skin scaling, seborrhea, mange, and other parasitic infections. Veterinary Formula Dog Shampoo contains colloidal oatmeal and allantoin that moisturize a dog’s skin with other ingredients such as salicylic acid, sulfur, and coal tar helping to treat seborrhea, mange, and other skin diseases. It has a balanced pH level and suitable for dogs from 12 weeks old and above.
- Formulated to handle bacterial and fungal infections, seborrhea, mange, and parasitic infections.
- It contains oatmeal and allantoin that moisturize dogs’ skins.
- Balanced pH level and suitable for dogs from 12 weeks and above.
Wahl Pet Shampoo is produced with a blend of lavender and chamomile essential oils and has a balanced pH level. This dog shampoo is free from paraben, PEG-80, and alcohol; and useful for grooming Spaniels as it detangles and cleans their furs while moisturizing the skins at the same time. It is safe and effective for dogs of all stages of life and those prone to allergies.
- Blended with lavender and chamomile with a balanced pH level.
- Free from allergies, alcohol, paraben, and PEG-80.
- Cleanses, detangles, and moisturizes furs and coats.
Hartz Flea & Tick Dog Shampoo is made for Cocker Spaniels from six months of and above. It contains aloe and formulated to handle skin irritations and itchiness on your pet. This shampoo can be applied every week for preventative treatment as it kills ticks, eggs of flea, and fleas on dogs.
- Deodorizes and cleans your dog and suitable for preventative treatment.
- Best used for dogs from six months old and above.
- Handles skin irritations, itching, and kills ticks, flea, and flea eggs.
Give your Cocker Spaniel a pleasant, fresh fragrance using Adams Flea & Tick Dog Shampoo made with lanolin, aloe, oatmeal, and coconut extract. This soothing shampoo contains IGR, an insect growth regulator that eliminates flea and its eggs for 28 days. It is made to kill ticks, flea, lice, larvae, and eggs of the flea on your pets, and convenient for dogs as from 12 weeks old and above.
- IT contains IGR, an insect growth regulator that eliminates flea for 28 days.
- Made with oatmeal, lanolin, coconut extract, and aloe for a fresh fragrance.
- Suitable for dogs as from 12 weeks old and above.
Vet’s Best Flea & Tick Shampoo is made with 100 % essential oils such as peppermint and rosemary oils. These plant-based natural ingredients are capable of eliminating flea, tick, flea larvae and eggs. This dog shampoo is comfortable for Spaniels and puppies from 12 weeks old and above.
- It contains 100% essential oils like rosemary oil and peppermint oil.
- Capable of killing flea, ticks, and eggs and larvae of the flea.
- Made for dogs and puppies from 12 weeks and above,
Dog Shampoo for Cocker Spaniels Buying Guide
If you want to groom the silky furs and skins of Cocker Spaniels for a radiant and beautiful look in preparation for dog shows or other outdoor activities, you need to use dog shampoos. This accessory is necessary for maintaining your pet’s natural coats and hair.
But how can you pick a high-quality shampoo that will maintain your pet’s natural looks? You need to understand some unique features of the shampoo as well as some facts about your Cocker before buying one. Here are a few things to consider:
Mild and Natural Ingredients in the Shampoo
The dog shampoo should have mild and natural ingredients in it because Cocker Spaniels have sensitive skin. If you do not follow this guide, your dog may develop rashes, discoloration of skin, itching or constant scratching of the body. This condition could lead to other skin infections that will endanger the health of your dog.
Choose shampoos with calming and soothing qualities. Dog grooming products with oatmeal and aloe are capable of reducing itchiness and irritations on the skin.
Check the Kind of Haircut your Dog has before Purchasing Shampoo
The kinds of haircuts your Cocker has should determine the type of shampoo to buy. The kinds of haircuts most pet owners give their Spaniels include American Cocker Spaniel Show Cut and puppy cut.
American Cocker Spaniel Show Cut
An American Cocker Spaniel Show Cut requires much grooming and maintenance. The dog appears with long and silky hair.
A puppy cut features a dog with well-trimmed hair of the same short length on the body. This type of cut needs less frequent grooming and maintenance.
Always ensure that your pet’s hair is clean and has no odor. You can bathe the dog weekly, bi-weekly, or as occasion demands.
Shampoo must be Convenient for Routine Grooming
Decide to purchase a shampoo that is convenient for your pet. Spaniels are allergic to various substances. It is advisable to consult your vet before buying a dog shampoo to keep your dog healthy.
Antimicrobial and antifungal shampoos should be used on your pets, especially if they have skin infections. But the product should be mild and soothing to prevent irritations.
Take note that dog shampoos alone don’t cure infections. Engage the expertise of a veterinary doctor for treating diseases.
Purchase Hypoallergenic Dog Shampoos
Due to allergies and other toxins affecting Cocker Spaniels, purchase hypoallergenic dog shampoos to reduce risks. Read the instructions attached to the products before buying.
- Best Dog Shampoos
- Best Puppy Shampoos
- Best Medicated Dog Shampoos
- Best Dry Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Conditioners
- Best Hairless Dog Shampoos
- Best Antibacterial and Anti-Fungal Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Food for Cocker Spaniels
- Best Dog Bed for Cocker Spaniels
- Best Dog Brush for Cocker Spaniels
- Best Dog Toys for Cocker Spaniels
- Best Dog Crate for Cocker Spaniels
- Best Dog Collar for Cocker Spaniels
- Best Dog Harness for Cocker Spaniels
- Best Dog Muzzle for Cocker Spaniels