Your goofy and playful Dalmatian is always on the go and loves to be outside. Luckily, despite his adventurous lifestyle, you will not need to bathe your Dalmatian very often. His short, shiny coat does not develop that “dog smell” and does not easily trap dirt and dust. That being said, a good wash with a great shampoo every few months will help freshen him up and keep his coat and skin in great shape.
Best Dog Shampoo for Dalmatians
Here are our dog shampoo for Dalmatians reviews.
Earthbath Shed Control Shampoo is a quality formula with organic fair trade shea butter, green tea and Awapuhi. This shampoo is designed to nourish while relieving excess shedding and dander from your Dalmatian.
- Natural conditioning agents including organic aloe vera
- Omega-6 fatty acids and ginseng nourish and detoxify
- No-soap formula has natural coconut cleansers
The FURminator deShedding Dog Shampoo is a premium quality dog shampoo that helps reduce your Dalmatian’s shedding. This formula is enriched with omega-6 and omega-3 for healthy skin and a silky coat.
- Also contains Calendula Extract and Papaya Leaf
- No parabens or chemical dyes
- Can be used in conjunction with the FURminator conditioner
Burt’s Bees for Dogs is a premium shampoo that strengthens the fur to reduce breakage and prevent excessive shedding from your Dalmatian. This all-natural formula contains honey, beeswax, omega-3s and vitamin E.
- Formula is pH-balanced for dogs
- No fragrance, colors, sulphates or chemicals
- Can be used with Burt’s Bees shed control spray
TropiClean Lime & Coconut Shed Control Shampoo is a delicious smelling shampoo that moisturizes your Dalmatian’s coat while reducing excess shedding and dander. Colloidal oatmeal is soothing for your pup’s sensitive skin.
- Derived from 98.3% natural ingredients
- Detergent-free for less irritation
- Shed Control Conditioner available
Wahl Shed Control Pet Shampoo is a pH-balanced formula designed for your Dalmatian’s heavier shedding. This shampoo is highly concentrated with a natural coconut cleanser, so a small amount creates a thick lather and rinses clean.
- Contains oatmeal and aloe for sensitive skin
- Lemongrass and sage for a fresh clean smell
- Paraben and alcohol free
Dog Shampoo for Dalmatians Buyer’s Guide
The Dalmatian is a beautiful, sleek and distinguished dog, known for its unique spotted coat. Lucky for you, his short and shiny coat is easy to maintain. Dalmatians are known to have this unique short coat that seemingly keeps itself clean. That’s why a bath every few months should suffice, unless he gets excessively dirty. When it is time to bathe this pup, choose a high-quality shampoo designed for his needs. In general, a nourishing de-shedding shampoo will help keep his coat soft and shiny, while reducing the hair that can quickly accumulate and shed. There are also some conditioners on the market that can be used if your Dalmatian has especially dry skin and coat. Using a cleansing mitt or brush while lathering will also help remove excess hairs, and feels great for your Dalmatian, too.
Our buying guide reviews the dog shampoo for Dalmatians on the market so you can choose the right shampoo for your dog. The following features are included on most dog shampoos for Dalmatians and will help you to choose which features you need for your Dalmatian’s grooming and cleansing needs.
A deshedding formula will help remove excess hair and dander from your Dalmatian by exfoliating the skin beneath. Your deshedding formula should also contain rich moisturizers such as coconut oil, almond oil or chamomile to help prevent breakage and more shedding. A specialty shampoo will ensure the natural oils are not stripped from your Dalmatian’s coat, promoting healthy hairs and skin underneath.
Nourishing and Moisturizing
Choose a shampoo that is derived from all-natural ingredients, so you avoid any harsh chemicals, dyes or parabens. These ingredients can irritate and dry out your pup’s skin. Your dog shampoo should have natural cleansers such as coconut and contain no drying soap or detergents. Omega-3 and 6 fatty acids from wheat kernel germ will help maintain the lustre and shine of your Dalmatian’s beautiful coat. Moisturize and nourish the hair with all-natural ingredients such as aloe, coconut or jojoba oil. Oatmeal and aloe are natural soothing ingredients for itchy skin, in case it is irritated or has been over-washed.
- Best Dog Shampoos
- Best Puppy Shampoos
- Best Medicated Dog Shampoos
- Best Dry Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Conditioners
- Best Hairless Dog Shampoos
- Best Antibacterial and Anti-Fungal Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Food for Dalmatians
- Best Puppy Food for Dalmatians
- Best Dog Crate for Dalmatians
- Best Dog Bed for Dalmatians
- Best Dog Brush for Dalmatians
- Best Dog Toys for Dalmatians
- Best Dog Collar for Dalmatians
- Best Dog Harness for Dalmatians
- Best Dog Muzzle for Dalmatians
- Best Training Book for Dalmatians