Your rare Finnish Spitz has a beautiful dense fox-colored double coat with a gorgeous fluffy tail, so be prepared to spend a bit of time and patience maintaining his special look. This strong-willed pup may initially resist baths, especially as a rambunctious puppy, but getting him used to regular grooming is a good idea for the long-term health of his skin and coat. A good bath every three to six weeks is recommended, or when he gets especially dirty playing outside. Invest in a great quality dog shampoo and a couple good grooming tools, and you are all set to keeping your Finnish Spitz looking runway ready!
Best Dog Shampoo for Finnish Spitz
Here are our dog shampoo for Finnish Spitz reviews.
This Healthy Breeds Dog Shampoo blend is specifically designed for your Finnish Spitz’ unique double coat. This detergent and soap-free formula will clean and freshen your pup’s coat, while preventing and treating dry, itchy skin.
- Oatmeal and Aloe Vera soothe and heal
- Restores natural moisture and emollients in skin and coat
- Hypoallergenic formula and pH balanced for dogs
Moosh Natural Dog Shampoo is a premium shampoo designed for special pups like your Finnish Spitz with its natural and organic formula. This all-natural blend contains shea butter, argan oil, aloe vera and bentonite clay.
- Enriched with essential oils for a great smell
- Bentonite clay is known for natural healing abilities
- No sulfates, preservatives or chemicals
Isle of Dogs Coature No. 33 is a coarse coat dog shampoo, perfect for cleaning your Finkie’s rough top coat. This blend contains seaweed extract, which is known for being a non-oily hydrating ingredient, and a primrose vanilla scent that will leave your pup smelling great.
- Conditioning and hydrating
- Great for dogs with coarse, rough coats
- Ultra-rich formula to retain texture
Chris Christensen Spectrum One Shampoo is specially formulated for dog breeds with coarse and rough coats, like the Finnish Spitz. This blend will restore the unique texture of your Finkie’s top coat, while thoroughly cleansing the dense under coat.
- Will not dry the skin or coat
- Pleasant, neutral long-lasting scent
- Restores spring and stiffness to the guard hair
Richard’s Organics Moisturizing Shampoo for Dogs is a premium blend of oatmeal, echinacea and sweet almond oil for your pampered Finnish Spitz. This unique formula leaves a protective film on the skin and coat to prevent the water loss that causes drying.
- Natural ingredients soothe and protect skin
- Provides relief from insect bites or irritations
- Made with 100% active natural organic ingredients
Dog Shampoo for Finnish Spitz Buyer’s Guide
Your Finnish Spitz is known for his unique personality and look. His beautiful golden-red coat and distinctive personality have even garnered him the top spot as Finland’s national dog. So, maintaining this coat will take a bit of special attention. Finkies need a shampoo formula that will not irritate their sensitive skin and should be free of any known irritants. It’s also important to choose a blend specially formulated for breeds with coarse coats, to maintain the texture without flattening it. Specialty shampoos are sometimes more expensive, but are often concentrated, so only a small amount is needed for proper care.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog shampoo for Finnish Spitz on the market so you can choose the right one for your dog. The benefits of using the correct shampoo for your Finnish Spitz are included below and will help you to choose the right shampoo for your dog.
Healthy Skin and Coat
The best shampoo ingredients for your Finnish Spitz are those that deliver proper moisture without weighing down his outer coat. Choose ingredients such as coconut oil, seaweed or oatmeal to cleanse and freshen his coat, without leaving a heavy residue. An all-natural formula is best, as it will contain no harsh soaps or detergents, which will dry out his skin and coat. After a good lather, ensure you rinse the shampoo out very well to remove it completely from the dense undercoat.
Coat Texture and Appearance
Using a regular dog shampoo or human shampoo on your Finnish Spitz will strip the outer coat of its natural oils, which are important for protecting his sensitive skin from the elements. Shampoos designed to soften or moisturize coats will only flatten your Finkie’s coat, leaving it oily and heavy. A formula designed for pups with coarse coats will help bring back that “spring” to the top coat, and cleanse the under coat as well. A good brush at least once a week will keep the coat from looking dull and reduce the need for additional bathing as well.
- Best Dog Shampoos
- Best Puppy Shampoos
- Best Medicated Dog Shampoos
- Best Dry Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Conditioners
- Best Hairless Dog Shampoos
- Best Antibacterial and Anti-Fungal Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Food for Finnish Spitz
- Best Puppy Food for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Crate for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Bed for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Brush for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Toys for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Collar for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Harness for Finnish Spitz
- Best Dog Muzzle for Finnish Spitz
- Best Training Book for Finnish Spitz