Because Frenchies do suffer from allergies, look for a formula that is all natural and free from chemicals. These shampoos will feature oatmeal, aloe and will use fragrance that is totally natural. If you’re looking for the best shampoo and conditioner for your Frenchie, we’re happy to share with you our favorites.
Best Dog Shampoos for French Bulldogs
Here are our French Bulldog dog shampoo reviews.
1. Warren London 2in1 Pet Shampoo Plus Conditioner
Warren London was specifically made for your beloved French Bulldog. This all-in-one formula dog shampoo and conditioner uses a premium blend of moisturizers to relieve dry, itchy skin. And, Warren London promises it will leave your Frenchie’s coat feeling soft and shiny.
- Warren London is filled with natural ingredients and infused with shea butter, coconut, vitamin E, and plant proteins.
- This formula contains no soap, detergents or parabens.
- Warren London dog shampoos are developed by high-end groomers to create a rich lather for your delicate Frenchie’s coat.
2. Pet Oatmeal Anti-Itch Shampoo & Conditioner In One
This smell great formula was made for your Frenchie. This high quality shampoo also has a heart. After your bottle arrives, you’ll be given the option to send in a pic of your Frenchie. When you do, Pets Are Kids Too will donate a portion of the profits to a pet with cancer and reply with a pic of the pet you and your pet helped.
- Natural oatmeal, baking soda and aloe vera with added coconut provides natural itch relief for your Frenchie’s sensitive skin.
- The hypoallergenic conditioner soap lotion has an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal treatment.
- This formula contains zero harsh chemicals.
3. Healthy Breeds Dog Deodorizing Shampoo
Healthy Breeds is a highly regarded dog shampoo that makes custom shapoos to fit each breed. This deodorizing shampoo helps your Frenchie smell like sweet pea and vanilla. Healthy Breeds believes in their products and offers 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
- This formula contains essential fatty acids for a healthy coat.
- Healthy breeds is totally soap free to prevent itchy residue.
- This formula is hypoallergenic and safe for even the most sensitive pets.
4. Natural Dog Shampoo with Colloidal Oatmeal
This natural dog shampoo is designed for the sensitive skin of a French Bulldog. This formula soothes itchy skin while leaving the skin nourished and protected. And, the essential oil lavender smell deodorizes even the stinkiest Frenchie.
- Natural ingredients go to work to sooth skin, including jojoba oil.
- This shampoo is manufactured in a state-of-the-art facility in the USA which exceeds all GMP standards.
- This formula is also tear free.
5. Friends Forever Natural Dog Shampoo
This extremely gentle pet shampoo is formulated with all natural botanical extracts and essential oils. Organic coconut oil and oatmeal soothe itchy skin. And, the hypoallergenic formula is safe to use, even when treating your pet for allergies, ticks or fleas!
- This formula was created by an owner of a French Bulldog to perfectly fit the needs of a Frenchie.
- Friends Forever pet wash provides relief from hot-spot for dogs with sensitive skin and coat.
- Light green apple scented with chamomile extract.
French Bulldog Shampoo Buying Guide
Bathing your French Bulldog is another way to keep his or her coat healthy and your beloved pet smelling fresh. Though it can be tempting, it is not recommended to bathe your French Bulldog more than once a month, as it can dry out the skin. French Bulldogs do have sensitive skin and are prone to allergies, so it’s important that the product that you select should be incredibly natural.
Created for sensitive skin with oatmeal, aloe and/or coconut oils
Look for formulas that contain few ingredients, and the ingredients that they do contain are mostly natural. Because French Bulldogs are prone to allergies and rashes, a formula that uses oatmeal will be an immediate soother and work toward healing your Frenchie’s skin. In addition, formulas with aloe and coconut oil will also work to soothe your pet’s skin and are unlikely to cause rashes if any residue remains.
No added chemical fragrances
Even formulas that claim to be filled with natural ingredients can bypass the fragrance rule. In fact, the term fragrance often offers a loophole for companies to add extra chemicals. If your dog shampoo is scented, look for formulas that are scented from natural sources, like chamomile, oatmeal, coconut oil or essential oils.
French Bulldogs can get a tear ring around their eyes from discharge. This is why it’s important that whatever formula you purchase be tear free, because you will likely be cleaning near and around your French Bulldog’s eyes.
Hypoallergenic or soap-free
Because the French Bulldog’s skin is so sensitive, formulas that use soap or any type of detergent may leave behind residue and cause rashes. Look for shampoos made specifically for Frenchies that tout that they are hypoallergenic and also make a note that they are soap-free.
- Best Dog Shampoos
- Best Puppy Shampoos
- Best Medicated Dog Shampoos
- Best Dry Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Conditioners
- Best Hairless Dog Shampoos
- Best Antibacterial and Anti-Fungal Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Food for French Bulldogs
- Best Puppy Food for French Bulldogs
- Best Dog Crate for French Bulldogs
- Best Dog Bed for French Bulldogs
- Best Dog Brush for French Bulldogs
- Best Dog Toys for French Bulldogs
- Best Dog Collar for French Bulldogs
- Best Dog Harness for French Bulldogs
- Best Dog Muzzle for French Bulldogs