Best Dog Shampoo for Great Pyrenees
Here are our dog shampoo for Great Pyrenees reviews.
Isle of Dogs Coature No. 20 Dog Shampoo is a premium shampoo with royal jelly, known for helping reduce excess shedding. Royal jelly will also add volume and body to your Great Pyrenees’ luscious white coat. Use in conjunction with the Royal Jelly Coat Supplement for best results.
- Contains pure, fresh royal jelly from young nurse bees
- Formula adds volume to your Pyr’s topcoat
- Light scent for long-lasting freshness
The FURminator DeShedding Dog Shampoo is a premium quality dog shampoo that helps reduce your Great Pyrenees’ annual shedding by targeting deep molting hairs in his undercoat. It can also be used year-round to keep excess shedding at bay. This formula is enriched with omega-6 and omega-3 for healthy skin and coat.
- Also contains Calendula Extract and Papaya Leaf
- No parabens or chemical dyes
- Can be used in conjunction with the FURminator conditioner
Earthbath Coat Brightening Dog Shampoo is designed specifically for light-colored coats like your Great Pyrenees. Optical-enhancing minerals will brighten up his white coat and leave it shiny and soft. This formula has a fresh lavender scent for that stubborn doggy smell.
- All-natural ingredients are 100% biodegradable
- Natural coconut cleansers leave fresh smell
- No parabens, sulphates or synthetic dyes
Burt’s Bees for Dogs is a premium shampoo that strengthens the fur to reduce breakage and prevent excessive shedding from your Great Pyrenees. This formula contains 99.7% natural ingredients, including soothing honey and beeswax. Omega 3s and vitamin E help prevent breakage and give your Pyr a shiny, soft coat.
- Ph-balanced for dogs
- No fragrance, colors, sulphates or chemicals
- Can be used with Burt’s Bees Shed Control Spray
The Ultra Collection Odor Control & Deshedding Dog Shampoo is perfect for your Great Pyrenees’ thick double coat. This deshedding shampoo will keep his excess hair at bay, while the odor control will take care of his classic doggy smell. This formula has a coconut-derived cleanser, so there is no drying soap or detergent.
- Sulphate and paraben-free formula
- Nourishing formula prevents dry, brittle coat
- Aloe vera extract is soothing and healing
Dog Shampoo for Great Pyrenees Buyer’s Guide
Getting your Great Pyrenees into the tub for a bath will be half the battle when it’s time for his bath. This gentle giant is patient and kind however, so he will likely humor you while you attempt to get the task completed. Luckily, you do not need to bathe your Pyr very often, but when it’s time, look for a high-quality shampoo that helps keep shedding at bay and helps detangle his long topcoat. The shampoo should also have a great scent to help with your Great Pyrenees’ stinky days. Bathe your pup as necessary – like when he gets especially dirty outside – and more often during the shedding season. Overbathing will cause his skin and fur to dry out, making it itchy and red.
Our buying guide reviews the dog shampoo for Great Pyrenees on the market so you can choose the right shampoo for your dog. The following features are included on most dog shampoos for Great Pyrenees and will help you to choose which features you need for your Pyr’s grooming and cleansing needs.
Your Great Pyrenees’ soft undercoat needs a great deshedding shampoo to help reduce excess molting hairs, while the top coat needs moisture for volume and texture. Many commercial brands on the market are designed to do both. Look for a shampoo with a shed control formula, that is also made with naturally nourishing ingredients, such as royal jelly, coconut oil or chamomile. These ingredients will strengthen the remaining hair and prevent further breakage.
Nourishing and Moisturizing
Look for a shampoo made with ingredients derived from all-natural sources. Your Great Pyrenees’ skin may become irritated with harsh chemicals, synthetic dyes or parabens. Avoid detergents and soaps as well, as these will dry your pup’s skin and coat as well. Naturally-derived cleansers such as coconut will also leave a fresh scent. Your Great Pyrenees’ topcoat also needs some care. Choose a shampoo with nourishing ingredients such as aloe, olive oil or jojoba oil, along with omega-3 and 6 fatty acids for smoothness and shine. If your pup has developed dry or itchy skin, a formula with oatmeal or aloe will soothe and heal.
- Best Dog Shampoos
- Best Puppy Shampoos
- Best Medicated Dog Shampoos
- Best Dry Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Conditioners
- Best Hairless Dog Shampoos
- Best Antibacterial and Anti-Fungal Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Food for Great Pyrenees
- Best Puppy Food for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Crate for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Bed for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Brush for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Toys for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Collar for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Harness for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Muzzle for Great Pyrenees
- Best Training Book for Great Pyrenees