The furs of Havanese dogs are naturally silky, curly, and wavy. In most cases, with poor grooming and routine maintenance, these furs could tangle, mat, and knot together. These qualities spoil the beautiful looks of a Havanese and can even conceal skin diseases and irritations.
Regular grooming involving washing and cleaning with a good shampoo is needed to promote the healthy conditions of your Havanese. Purchasing a nice shampoo could be a difficult task due to varieties including substandard products on the market.
Best Dog Shampoo for Havanese
Here are our Havanese dog shampoo reviews.
Veterinary Formula Medicated Dog Shampoo is effective, affordable, and made with veterinary-grade substances. This dog shampoo handles skin diseases such as mange, fungal infections, bacterial infections, seborrhea, and dermatitis in Havanese dogs. Apply this shampoo about three times every week and your pet will be healed of hot spots, itching, ear infections, inflamed scalp, and flaking skin.
- It contains allantoin and colloidal oatmeal for skin hydration and gradual healing processes.
- Free from colors, soap, and paraben.
- Suitable for Havanese dogs with yeasty and sensitive skin and those with allergies.
FURminator Deshedding Dog Shampoo supports healthy skin and hairs and minimizes the shedding of loose hair from Havanese dogs. This dog grooming shampoo is best applied to the dog every month for effective results. It contains omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids that nourish the skin and fur of a Havanese.
- It contains no artificial colors and parabens.
- The product is made of papaya leaf extract and calendula extract with fatty acids.
- Removes debris and dirt and detangles hairs.
Natural Dog Shampoo contains colloidal oatmeal that nourishes the coat and fur of Havanese dogs. This shampoo is mild and gentle on dogs with sensitive skin, as it cleanses and maintains their bodies. Give your dog a healing bath experience since lavender essential oil is added to the formula to enhance therapeutic effects on the Havanese.
- Eliminates unpleasant odors from your pets.
- Free from sulfate, tear, and paraben.
- It is hypoallergenic with a 100% money-back guarantee.
Wahl Conditioning & Moisturizing Dog Shampoo is formulated as a waterless, no-rinse product containing lavender and chamomile essential oils. That means, after applying the shampoo, you don’t need to rinse the body of your Havanese with water. The shampoo is scented with lavender and chamomile fragrances to deodorize your pet making it smell nice all day.
- Prepared with all-natural plant-based ingredients.
- Moisturizes, conditions, and cleanses the skin and furs of your Havanese dogs.
- Free from alcohol, PEG, and paraben with a balanced pH level.
Burt’s Bees Tearless Dog Shampoo contains buttermilk that soothes, nourishes, and softens the skin and hair of a Havanese dog. It also contains linseed oil for conditioning the tender coats of Havanese puppies. This dog shampoo is ideal for all dogs and one hundred percent safe to use.
- Made of natural ingredients such as honey, avocado, lavender, and oatmeal.
- Free of synthetic fragrances, petroleum, SLS, parabens, and phthalates.
- The pH level is balanced for your dog’s skin.
Dog Shampoo for Havanese Buying Guide
Dog shampoos are essential products that keep the fur and coat of your friend healthy and beautiful. Havanese are dogs with curly, silky, and wavy hairs that need regular grooming with shampoo and brush to keep the body and hair clean, fresh, and free from tangles. Irregular conditioning and maintenance may cause skin irritations and shedding of hair from their bodies.
This condition can be handled by applying a high-quality dog shampoo to treat skin infections and detangle mats, knots, and even deodorize your pet. The availability of a wide array of shampoos on the market creates a big problem choosing a suitable one.
Every pet parent needs guidance on the features and qualities of dog shampoos suitable for Havanese dogs to enable them to pick an effective product. Here are some features to consider:
Purchase dog shampoos made with natural ingredients. Havanese dogs have sensitive skin. Synthetic ingredients are harsh and could lead to irritations on their skin.
Some natural ingredients include colloidal oatmeal, papaya leaf extract, omega 3 fatty acid, and omega 6 fatty acid, and calendula extract. These natural substances help in healing skin infections such as mange, dermatitis, seborrhea, and bacterial and fungal infections.
Also, lavender and chamomile essential oils are natural substances used in making dog shampoos. These oils act as deodorizers with natural fragrances that freshen the hair and coat of a Havanese. Natural ingredients make the hair and coat of your dog appear shiny and fine.
However, discontinue usage if you notice flaking, skin irritations, and itching on the body of your Havanese dog.
Gentle and Light Conditioners
Choose a shampoo with a gentle and light conditioner. The product should be gentle on the coat and fur of your Havanese. Gentle and light conditioners make brushing the hair easier. A Havanese dog has a light outer coat.
Do not apply shampoos with oily or greasy conditioners that can make the coat and fur heavy after grooming. Gentle and light conditioners are made with vitamin E and other ingredients like aloe and avocado oils to moisturize the fur and coat.
Buy a shampoo that has mild cleansers that can penetrate the outer coat to the undercoat. These shampoos cleanse the skin and fur and moisturize the body as well. Do not apply shampoos with harsh synthetic ingredients on your Havanese, as they can destroy the coat and cause irritations and allergies.
- Best Dog Shampoos
- Best Puppy Shampoos
- Best Medicated Dog Shampoos
- Best Dry Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Conditioners
- Best Hairless Dog Shampoos
- Best Antibacterial and Anti-Fungal Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Food for Havanese
- Best Puppy Food for Havanese
- Best Dog Crate for Havanese
- Best Dog Bed for Havanese
- Best Dog Brush for Havanese
- Best Dog Toys for Havanese
- Best Dog Collar for Havanese
- Best Dog Harness for Havanese
- Best Dog Muzzle for Havanese