Best Dog Shampoo for Italian Greyhounds
Here are our Italian Greyhound dog shampoo reviews.
1. Burt’s Bees All Natural Oatmeal Shampoo & Conditioner for Dogs
Burt’s Bees All Natural Oatmeal Shampoo & Conditioner for Dogs is a gentle formula, combination of conditioner and shampoo. This product is designed to soothe and soften the coat of Italian Greyhounds. Another added benefit is that this shampoo is great for dogs with dry skin.
- Contains oatmeal and beeswax for sensitive skin
- Allergy friendly
- Free of fragrances, sulfates and harsh chemicals
2. Healthy Breeds Dog Deodorizing Shampoo
The Healthy Breeds Dog Deodorizing Shampoo is great for keeping an Italian Greyhound fresh and clean. This shampoo features a delicious sweet pea vanilla scent to mask the inevitable wet doggy smell of a Italian Greyhound that has been playing outside all day.
- Gentle, soap free formula
- Safe for use with topical flea control treatments
- Contains emollients for moisturizing
3. Healthy Breeds Herbal Avocado Shampoo For Dry Itchy Skin
The Healthy Breeds Herbal Avocado Shampoo for Dry Itchy skin is a specialist shampoo perfect for Italian Greyhounds with sensitive skins or allergies. This shampoo provides a soothing effect while moisturizing and nourishing the coat and skin of an Italian Greyhound.
- Will not strip the coat of natural oils
- Natural and gentle
- Leaves the coat soft & silky
4. EARTHBATH Shea Butter and Avocado Shampoo
The Earthbath Shea Butter and Avocado Shampoo is a high recommended shampoo for Italian Greyhounds because it is made with nourishing natural ingredients. This shampoo is fragrance and color free. It is also suitable for use on puppies as well as adult Italian Greyhounds.
- Avocado rich formula
- Promotes shiny healthy coat
- Sulfate free
5. BarkLogic 2 in 1 Natural Dog Shampoo and Conditioner
The BarkLogic 2 in 1 Natural Dog Shampoo and Conditioner is a plant based shampoo with essential oils perfect for Italian Greyhounds with sensitive skin. This shampoo and conditioner is made 100% cruelty free with natural ingredients only.
- Infused with vitamin E, Aloe, flax seed and omega 3
- Sulfate free cleansing & conditioning in one easy step
Italian Greyhound Dog Shampoo Buyer’s Guide
Choosing a suitable shampoo for an Italian Greyhound is an important decision for dog owners. While prices rarely reach over $10, it is a product which will be used regularly so picking the right one for your dog to get used to makes it a very worthy investment. Finding the right shampoo for an Italian Greyhound will improve overall health, appearance and long term happiness off the dog, so it is a decision worth considering carefully.
Our buying guide reviews the best shampoos on the market so you can choose the right dog shampoo for your Italian Greyhound. The following attributes can be found on most dog shampoos and will help to guide you in the direction of the most suitable one for your dogs needs.
The last situation a dog owner wants to face is an allergic reaction brought on by using a shampooing product. Most dog shampoos are allergy tested and contain only gentle ingredients that won’t cause a flare up to occur. Italian Greyhounds generally have robust skin but it is still worth checking that the shampoo is not going to aggravate a pre existing allergy your dog may have.
Shampoos and conditioners that are derived from natural products are generally less risky when applied to the coat of an Italian Greyhound. The natural oils produced by an Italian Greyhound’s coat should not be adversely affected by the shampoo, and choosing natural products such as coconut derived agents or avocado extracts will ensure that the shampoo is kind to your dogs coat and skin.
Some dog shampoos will be specifically geared towards the shedding phases. By keeping the skin and coat as healthy as possible in the brief period when an Italian Greyhound is shedding there will be less dander and shedding for you to clean up.
There are many different scented shampoos available, and it really comes down to personal preference. Some popular ones to consider are; lemongrass, coconut, avocado, sage, aloe, lime and chamomile to name a few.
- Best Dog Shampoos
- Best Puppy Shampoos
- Best Medicated Dog Shampoos
- Best Dry Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Conditioners
- Best Hairless Dog Shampoos
- Best Antibacterial and Anti-Fungal Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Food for Italian Greyhounds
- Best Puppy Food for Italian Greyhounds
- Best Dog Crate for Italian Greyhounds
- Best Dog Bed for Italian Greyhounds
- Best Dog Brush for Italian Greyhounds
- Best Dog Toys for Italian Greyhounds
- Best Dog Collar for Italian Greyhounds
- Best Dog Harness for Italian Greyhounds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Italian Greyhounds