The fierce demeanor and long flowing mane of the little Lowchen make dog lovers around the World think of Lowchen as a member of the leonine kingdom. The tails of these gentle-natured Lowchen resemble the handle of a teacup. Combined with regal personality and barking as the most enjoyable hobby during leisure time, Lowchen dogs seek the attention of their immediate owner and count on the moment spent with kids as their playing companion.
This 15th-century dog is pretty low maintenance as they don’t shed, and there is hardly anything they are allergic to. If you are a novice Lowchen parent, you should not freak out at all about taking care of them. A good quality shampoo will make grooming sessions a lot easier, eliminating the tangles and other debris off the coat.
Best Dog Shampoos for Lowchen
Here are our dog shampoos for Lowchen reviews.
1. Buddy Wash Original Lavender & Mint Dog Shampoo & Conditioner
This gentle Buddy Wash Original Lavender & Mint Dog Shampoo & Conditioner acts wonder in helping the Lowchen feel fresh and clean for days. This special dog shampoo was manufactured in the USA. The credit for the soothing scent of the shampoo goes to the lavender, mint, and chamomile extract.
- This includes wheat protein extract, which acts as the natural deodorizing agent.
- The Aloe Vera gel has healing power.
- This two in one shampoo is absolutely soap and alcohol-free.
2. PetAg Fresh ‘N Clean Scented Dog Shampoo
This refreshing PetAg Fresh ‘N Clean Scented Dog Shampoo can be a good choice for leonine Lowchen and their slightly wavy coat. This plant-based liquid grooming product detangles its long fur on the front. It is needless to say that this Vitamin E rich shampoo locks the moisture inside the dog’s skin.
- The floral scent of the dog shampoo helps the Lowchen relax during bath.
- This PH balanced shampoo reaches skin pores and deeply cleans the coats.
- Apply a few drops of it on the wet coat while using lukewarm water.
3. Burt’s Bees Oatmeal Shampoo with Colloidal Oat Flour & Honey for Dogs
A few drops of this Burt’s Bees Oatmeal Shampoo with Colloidal Oat Flour & Honey for Dogs can miraculously convert your Lowchen’s rough coat into a soft and fluffy one. Although the shampoo is designed for adult dogs, manufacturers still add a tearless quality to it so that the delicate eyes of the dog remain safe and irritation-free. Honey, as one of the primary ingredients of the shampoo, promotes shiny and glowing fur in Lowchen.
- It doesn’t include any artificial element.
- This paraben-free shampoo keeps pests at bay.
- You can use this shampoo while undergoing some tick treatment.
4. Nature’s Miracle Supreme Odor Control Natural Puppy Shampoo & Conditioner
This Nature’s Miracle Supreme Odor Control Natural Puppy Shampoo & Conditioner is one of the most sought after dog shampoo for its deep cleaning and long-lasting freshness. The shampoo provides enhanced softness to your Lowchen’s wavy fur. As it doesn’t include any dye, it is good for sensitive skin.
- This cruelty-free shampoo is a solution to eczema.
- It is glycerine, which makes the shampoo tearless.
- A liberal amount of shampoo diminishes the static electricity in the coat.
5. MiconaHex+Triz Shampoo for Dogs & Cats
This medicated MiconaHex+Triz Shampoo for Dogs & Cats combats unwanted fungal and bacterial infections in the dog’s body. This antimicrobial shampoo restores dry skin and repairs the damaged parts. The fragrance-free shampoo is also a one-step solution to dandruff.
- A room with a controlled temperature is perfect for storing the shampoo.
- The shampoo comes in two various sized bottles.
- This vet-approved shampoo helps in deshedding too.
Dog Shampoos For Lowchen Buyer’s Guide
The origin of leonine Lowchen is a subject of debate and dispute among historians and dog breed experts, the oldest trace of this dog was found in a 15th-century painting. Later several engravings, tapestries, and drawings were revealed from the year 1442, which depicted a small-sized look-alike of Lowchen. It is believed that the travelers introduced this breed to the eastern World and finally imported the breed in England in the year 1968. Known for accompanying the elite class since the middle ages, these dogs are absolutely non-shedding and require a very minimum amount of grooming every couple of weeks.
To make the fairly straight yet wavy coat of Lowchen extra soft and dirt free, here we guide you for buying the right dog shampoo for your adorable Lowchen.
Nature of dog shampoo
Unlike human shampoo, dog shampoos are made of alkaline materials as the PH level of human and canine creatures are completely different. Some dogs also show some prior skin problems, and you won’t want to accelerate those skin issues by applying regular shampoo on dogs. For such special cases, vets recommend using hypoallergenic shampoos and antibacterial shampoos. A gentle rub of these shampoos helps dogs bid goodbye to skin irritations. If your Lowchen suffers from fungal problems, get it an antifungal dog shampoo, which will soothe its rough skin along with relieving the fungal skin problems. Deshedding shampoo and Dematting shampoo are in vogue also, but you won’t require any such shampoo for your hypoallergenic Lowchen.
The most common ingredient of a dog shampoo remains Aloe Vera even today. The extract of this particular herb heals the skin and helps animals get rid of rough skin. Oatmeal is also good for healthy skin and skin wounds. Nowadays, manufacturers are adding natural preservatives like rosemary extract for long-lasting use of the dog shampoo. Other botanical extracts and essential oils are mostly there to contribute to the fragrance.
The sole purpose of dog shampoo is to keep the Lowchen neat and clean. The other features of the shampoo are to alleviate skin problems by promoting a healthy and soft coat. Those dogs suffering from loose fur problems should choose a proper shampoo so that it contributes to hair growth and hair loss treatment.
Here in this review article, we have stocked all the essential details regarding a dog shampoo. Now it is up to you to wisely use this information while choosing the right shampoo for your Lowchen.
- Best Dog Shampoos
- Best Puppy Shampoos
- Best Medicated Dog Shampoos
- Best Dry Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Conditioners
- Best Hairless Dog Shampoos
- Best Antibacterial and Anti-Fungal Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Food for Lowchen
- Best Puppy Food for Lowchen
- Best Dog Crate for Lowchen
- Best Dog Bed for Lowchen
- Best Dog Brush for Lowchen
- Best Dog Toys for Lowchen
- Best Dog Collar for Lowchen
- Best Dog Harness for Lowchen
- Best Dog Muzzle for Lowchen
- Best Training Book for Lowchen