Bathing your Mastiff can be quite a task, so luckily, it doesn’t need to happen very often. In fact, bathing your Mastiff too often will strip the essential fats in his coat that protect his skin. Mastiffs can be prone to eczema if they are bathed too often. But, when it’s time to get your giant pup into the tub, choose a great shampoo designed for heavy shedding short-haired breeds to give him that salon look that is good for him, too.
Best Dog Shampoo for Mastiffs
Here are our dog shampoo for Mastiffs reviews.
The FURminator deShedding Dog Shampoo is a premium quality dog shampoo that helps prevent your Mastiff’s shedding by targeting deep molting hairs while bathing. This formula is enriched with omega-6 and omega-3 for healthy skin and coat.
- Also contains Calendula Extract and Papaya Leaf
- No parabens or chemical dyes
- Can be used in conjunction with the FURminator conditioner
Wahl Shed Control Pet Shampoo is a pH-balanced formula designed for heavy shedders like Mastiffs. This shampoo is highly concentrated with a coconut derived sodding agent, so a small amount creates a thick lather and rinses clean.
- Contains oatmeal and aloe for sensitive skin
- Lemongrass and sage for a fresh clean smell
- Paraben and alcohol free
Burt’s Bees for Dogs is a premium shampoo that strengthens the fur to reduce breakage and prevent excessive shedding from your Mastiff. This all-natural formula contains omega-3s and vitamin E for healthy skin and a shiny coat.
- Ph-balanced for dogs
- No fragrance, colors, sulphates or chemicals
- Can be used with Burt’s Bees shed control spray
Pro Pet Works All Natural Pet Shampoo is a hypoallergenic and soap-free blend with all-natural ingredients such as organic oatmeal and aloe extracts for your Mastiff’s sensitive skin. This premium formula restores natural oils and soothes itchiness from allergies.
- Contains almond oil and vitamins A, D and E
- One-step cleaning with conditioner included
- Light cherry almond scent smells great
Healthy Breeds Dog Deodorizing Shampoo has a sweet pea and vanilla scent for your gentle, stinky giant. This hypoallergenic formula is gentle and pH-balanced for his sensitive skin.
- Essential fatty acids prevent flaking and scaling of skin
- Soap-free for less irritation
- Non-drying formula will not strip coat from natural oils
Dog Shampoo for Mastiffs Buyer’s Guide
Choosing a great dog shampoo is important for your Mastiff, since he will need to be bathed about once a month at home. In general, a shampoo is all that’s needed, but there are some conditioners on the market that can be used if your Mastiff has especially dry skin and coat. Using a cleansing mitt or brush while lathering will also help remove excess hairs, and feels great for your Mastiff, too.
Our buying guide reviews the dog shampoo for Mastiffs on the market so you can choose the right shampoo for your dog. The following features are included on most dog shampoos for Mastiffs and will help you to choose which features you need for your Mastiff’s grooming and cleansing needs.
You already know that Mastiffs shed a lot, and a good bath and brush will definitely keep excess hairs at bay. A deshedding formula will help address the deeper, molting hairs underneath that cause shedding. Your deshedding formula should also contain rich moisturizers to help prevent breakage and more shedding. A specialty deshedding dog shampoo will ensure the natural oils are not stripped from your Mastiff’s coat, promoting healthy hairs and skin underneath.
Mastiffs are prone to eczema, dry skin and other skin and coat issues if not maintained properly. These conditions can be irritating and painful for your pup, so be sure to choose a high-quality dog shampoo with no irritants or common allergens. All-natural blends will often include essential fatty acids omega-3 and omega-6 to maintain the lustre and shine of your Mastiff’s coat, while oatmeal and aloe are natural soothing ingredients for itchy skin. Be sure to choose a formula containing no soap, no chemicals, dyes or parabens.
- Best Dog Shampoos
- Best Puppy Shampoos
- Best Medicated Dog Shampoos
- Best Dry Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Conditioners
- Best Hairless Dog Shampoos
- Best Antibacterial and Anti-Fungal Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Food for Mastiffs
- Best Puppy Food for Mastiffs
- Best Dog Crate for Mastiffs
- Best Dog Bed for Mastiffs
- Best Dog Brush for Mastiffs
- Best Dog Toys for Mastiffs
- Best Dog Collar for Mastiffs
- Best Dog Harness for Mastiffs
- Best Dog Muzzle for Mastiffs