Norwegian Lundehunds are energetic dogs with a dense double coat. This coat that keeps them warm during winters is rough on the outside but soft on the inside. These pooches require regular grooming with average effort. You may want to know how to keep your Norwegian Lundehund’s coat healthy.
You can easily do this by using a dog shampoo and bathing your pooch. Finding a good dog shampoo can be a difficult task when there are so many options before you.
Best Dog Shampoos for Norwegian Lundehunds
Here are our dog brushes for Norwegian Lundehunds reviews.
The Burt’s Bees Oatmeal Shampoo is made with colloidal oat flour and honey. The ingredients in this shampoo are natural and free of any parabens, chemicals, or artificial fragrances. The combination of oat flour and honey moisturize your Norwegian Lundehund’s skin and promote a healthy coat. Further, it provides your pooch with a deep, gentle cleanse while maintaining the skin’s pH levels.
- Gentle cleanse that keeps topical tick and flea treatments unwashed.
- Contains oat flour that soothes itchiness.
- Contains green tea extract that strengthens hair follicles and promotes hair growth.
This Buddy Wash dog shampoo serves as both a shampoo and conditioner for your Norwegian Lundehund. Its soap-free formula will keep your pooch’s double coat silky, healthy, and very soft. With relaxing lavender and refreshing mint, the shampoo will recreate a spa day for your dog.
- Contains natural conditioners like aloe vera, sage, and chamomile to keep your Norwegian Lundehund’s coat soft.
- Contains wheat protein that acts as a natural deodorant.
- Made with a coconut-based, alcohol-free liquid.
Pet Ag Fresh ‘N Clean Scented dog shampoo is a plant-based cleanser that will keep all dirt and grime off your Norwegian Lundehund’s double coat. It also contains aloe leaf juice and Vitamin E that moisturizes your pet’s hair to keep it soft and tangle-free. Further, a pleasant floral scent keeps your pooch deodorized and smelling fresh.
- Soap-free cleanser for a gentle wash
- Contains a classic scent that lasts up to two weeks
- pH-balanced shampoo for healthy skin
This Paws & Pals dog shampoo is completely natural and is made from organic ingredients. To keep your Norwegian Lundehund’s skin extremely moisturized and tackle brittle coats, it contains aloe, coconut, and jojoba oils. It is also made of a soap-free formula that keeps toxins away from your pooch’s coat.
- Contains vegan ingredients
- Tear-free shampoo that makes bathing enjoyable
- Relieves itchy skin caused by ticks, fleas, and dryness
Isle of Dogs Deep Cleaning Shampoo is designed to deep cleanse your Norwegian Lundehund’s double coat and rid it of any dirt and grime. It removes any unpleasant odor from your pooch’s coat while adding the signature Isle of Dogs fragrance of champagne and red berries. It is meant to be used on your dog as they enter the adult stage.
- Is gentle on your dog’s skin
- Contains ExtenScent from Isle of Dogs that neutralizes odors and enhances freshness
- Contains no parabens or sulfates
Dog Shampoo for Norwegian Lundehund Buyer’s Guide
Your Norwegian Lundehund has a double coat that requires average grooming efforts on your part. However, these active pooches may often get dirty while running and rolling during playtime.
In general, it is a good idea to wash your pooch’s coat once every four or six weeks. Their double coat will often retain dirt and odor. Hence, a shampoo that both deep cleanse and moisturizes will keep your Norwegian Lundehund’s coat tidy and soft.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog shampoos in the market for Norwegian Lundehunds. By taking our time to conduct research, we have found that most dog shampoos in the market will have the following features. You can read ahead and choose the ones that are appropriate for your Norwegian Lundehund.
Using soap on your Norwegian Lundehund can cause the pooch to develop rashes, itchy skin, and even a dry coat. This is especially true for dogs that play outdoors and are washed frequently.
To avoid this, look for dog shampoos that offer a soap-free base. Alcohol also tends to have the same effect, and it is best to avoid it in your dog’s shampoo. Further, soap-free dog shampoos will maintain the pH level of your dog’s skin.
Gentle Deep Cleansing
For your Norwegian Lundehund, it is best to look for a shampoo that deep cleans your pooch’s skin gently. Harsh cleansers often leave your dog’s skin dry and itchy. For this, you can look for natural ingredients like oats and green tea that gently deep clean skin and the coat.
You can further look for shampoos that are paraben and sulfate-free for good coat health in the long term.
Norwegian Lundehunds are naturally not very prone to retain odors. However, a scented dog shampoo may add to a spa-like bathing experience for your pooch. It is best to pick natural shampoos that contain both deodorizers and fragrances.
While deodorizers neutralize any odors, fragrances will add pleasant scents to your pooch’s fur. Look for natural fragrances like lavender while buying a shampoo for your Norwegian Lundehund.
For your Norwegian Lundehund, look for a shampoo that will moisturize your pooch’s coat. This will keep the double coat shiny and smooth. While artificial ingredients can add instant shine, they have been known to damage your pooch’s coat over time.
This is especially true for Norwegian Lundehunds, who are washed often. Look for natural ingredients like honey and aloe juice for a moisturized coat. A two-in-one shampoo and conditioner will also do a great job on your pooch’s coat.
Promotes Hair Growth
During a few months in a year, your Norwegian Lundehund may shed more than usual. During these times, you may require a shampoo that strengthens hair follicles and promotes hair growth. Look for ingredients like green tea that give your pooch a strong, healthy double coat.
- Best Dog Shampoos
- Best Puppy Shampoos
- Best Medicated Dog Shampoos
- Best Dry Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Conditioners
- Best Hairless Dog Shampoos
- Best Antibacterial and Anti-Fungal Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Food for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Puppy Food for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Crate for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Bed for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Brush for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Toys for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Collar for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Harness for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Norwegian Lundehunds
- Best Training Book for Norwegian Lundehunds