Pekingese or Pekinese dogs are known as the Lion dogs that hail from the East Asian country of China. This toy breed has picked up its name from the capital city of Beijing, formerly known as Peking. Originated in the Western part of China, these Pekingese dogs have a long hairy coat, and they resemble traditional spaniel dogs. A survey conducted by the United Kingdom Kennel club has shown that these Pekingese dogs have a lifespan of around 11 years.
To keep your royal Pekingese presentable and well-managed, you need to brush its coat and shampoo it frequently. You can choose a scented shampoo from the pet store counter or select from the below samples for your regal Pekingese.
Best Dog Shampoos for Pekingese
Here are our dog shampoos for Pekingese reviews.
1. Burt’s Bees Oatmeal Shampoo with Colloidal Oat Flour & Honey for Dogs
The liberal application of the Burt’s Bees Oatmeal Shampoo with Colloidal Oat Flour & Honey for Dogs takes care of your Pekingese’s coat. The Glycerine, in a way, protects the delicate pair of eyes of your little Pekingese. Beeswax and honey prevent the germs from coming close to the dogs.
- Honey also makes the coat shiny and soft.
- This PH balanced shampoo is free of paraben.
- This vet-recommended shampoo comes in a recycled bottle.
2. Paws & Pals Oatmeal, Shea Butter & Aloe Vera Shampoo
This 100% natural Paws & Pals Oatmeal, Shea Butter & Aloe Vera Shampoo is the perfect choice for sensitive dogs like Pekingese. Aloe vera is a crucial content of the shampoo, and it repairs damaged skin. There is no soap product in the ingredient list of the shampoo.
- It keeps the fleas and dander away.
- The organic shampoo also helps your Pekingese smell fresh.
- This product has been crafted with multiple essential oils.
3. PetAg Fresh ‘N Clean Tropical Fresh 2-in-1 Oatmeal Dog Shampoo & Conditioner
This PetAg Fresh ‘N Clean Tropical Fresh 2-in-1 Oatmeal Dog Shampoo & Conditioner is popular for its deep cleansing quality. This mild shampoo softens the coat and makes it less unlikely to get messy further. After a bath with this shampoo, the fragrance remains on your Pekingese’s body for at least a fortnight.
- This gentle shampoo is infused with essential proteins.
- The shampoo strengthens the fur.
- There is a preservative added in its bottle.
4. Frisco Oatmeal Shampoo with Aloe for Dogs & Cats
This Frisco Oatmeal Shampoo with Aloe for Dogs & Cats provides the customers with several discounts and offers. You can apply this shampoo on the wounded part of its body. Not only this, but this shampoo also doesn’t interfere with other medical treatment for ticks, dandruff, etc.
- Lathering coconut soothes the rough and dry skin.
- It doesn’t comprise a single drop of dye.
- If you apply it liberally on a wet coat, it will significantly check the hair fall problem.
5. MiconaHex+Triz Shampoo for Dogs & Cats
This medicated MiconaHex+Triz Shampoo for Dogs & Cats comes in 8 oz and 16 oz bottles. If your Pekingese suffer from any fungal infection or bacterial disease, you should apply this to its entire body. It moisturizes the skin and helps your Pekingese look fluffy.
- This shampoo is completely fragrance-free.
- This USA made shampoo consists of ceramide.
- Store the shampoo bottle in a temperate environment in your house.
Dog Shampoos For Pekingese Buyer’s Guide
This toy breed of Pekingese has been mentioned in the ancient Chinese legends, and the people of China believe that it was Lord Buddha himself who was responsible for breeding these lion-dogs. It was during the second Opium War when the British troop came to know about the royal Pekingese. Later these British invaders sent the Pekingese dogs to England, and you would be surprised to know that these dogs accompanied Queen Victoria for a while. These Chinese toy dogs are pretty moody and love to roll on the ground. As a result, they get dirty easily, and as a dog parent, you need to bathe them in such situations with some fragrant dog shampoos. Here we have put together some shopping tricks for dog shampoo, which everyone should follow.
Are you wondering which shampoo to buy for your adorable Pekingese? There are five types of dog shampoo anyone can choose for their Pekingese. These are hypo-allergic shampoo, scented shampoo or regular shampoo, antimicrobial shampoo, waterless shampoo, and two in one shampoos with conditioner. If your Pekingese has an absolutely healthy coat, you will require a mild shampoo for it. If it suffers from dry skin, itchiness, redness or any wound, do apply a medicated shampoo on it. These medical-grade shampoos can be applied to dogs even when they undergo some tick treatments.
Today people are switching to eco-friendly products in all the sectors. The pet industry is also following those steps, and they are coming up with eco-friendly bottles made of recycled plastic. There are 16 oz, 32 oz bottles available for dog shampoos, and for some waterless shampoos, you can choose 1 gal bottle too. These bottles have printed stickers about the details of the shampoo wrapped around them.
Be it a human shampoo or a dog shampoo; aloe vera is a common ingredient in all of them. The aloe vera gel has a healing quality, and it nourishes the rough skin of your Pekingese.
Other than Aloe Vera, some usual shampoo ingredients are oatmeal, honey, rosemary, chamomile, etc. Glycerine makes the dog shampoo tearless, and the purified water acts miraculously in deep cleansing the body.
Oatmeal is also good for skin, and it locks the water molecules in the skin, making it look nourished. It also smoothens the coat and prevents further tangling.
So, whatever the shampoo you choose for your regal Pekingese, rub it gently on its fur. After a relaxing hour of bathing, you will see the shampoo working, and your Pekingese emerge as a fluffy ball of cotton.
- Best Dog Shampoos
- Best Puppy Shampoos
- Best Medicated Dog Shampoos
- Best Dry Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Conditioners
- Best Hairless Dog Shampoos
- Best Antibacterial and Anti-Fungal Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Food for Pekingese
- Best Puppy Food for Pekingese
- Best Dog Crate for Pekingese
- Best Dog Bed for Pekingese
- Best Dog Brush for Pekingese
- Best Dog Toys for Pekingese
- Best Dog Collar for Pekingese
- Best Dog Harness for Pekingese
- Best Dog Muzzle for Pekingese
- Best Training Book for Pekingese