Developed by the cross-breeding of Siberian Husky and Pomeranian, Pomskies are amiable as well as active breeds. They have the traits of both of their parent breeds and can be stubborn and assertive at the same time.
With three different types of coat, standard, plush and wooly, it can be a challenge to select a dog shampoo that is suitable for all of them. However, we have listed the top five dog shampoos for your Pomskies that are suitable for most of them, except that they have any skin allergies.
Best Dog Shampoos for Pomskies
Here are our dog shampoos for Pomskies reviews.
1. Buddy Wash Original Lavender & Mint Dog Shampoo & Conditioner
Take care of your Pomsky’s hygiene and coat health with the Buddy Wash Original Lavender & Mint Dog Shampoo & Conditioner. The natural extracts provide your Pomsky with the freshness that lasts. The lavender, along with mint and aloe vera, helps in calming their itchy skin.
- Soap-free shampoo helps in keeping their coat smooth and frizz-free
- Wheat protein helps in neutralizing any foreign odor.
2. PetAg Fresh ‘N Clean Scented Dog Shampoo
The plant-based cleansing formula of the PetAg Fresh ‘N Clean Scented Dog Shampoo nourishes and cleans your Pomsky’s coat without causing any ailments. Vitamin E and aloe vera liquid locks moisture in their coat and prevents them from getting tangled. The freshness following each shampoo period lasts up to two weeks.
- Rich lathering shampoo allows easy cleansing.
- It also has conditioning properties.
- Helps in odor control.
3. Frisco Oatmeal Shampoo for Dogs
Nourish your Pomsky’s coat and soothe their irritated skin with Frisco Oatmeal Shampoo for Dogs. The soothing qualities of oatmeal are hidden from no-one. It works along with aloe vera and chamomile to rejuvenate their coat and skin.
- Comes with a fresh almond scent.
- Mild shampoo without any chemical-based ingredients.
- Coconut acts as a lathering element.
4. Zesty Paws Oatmeal Anti-itch Dog Shampoo
Soothe your Pomsky from itchy skin with Zesty Paws Oatmeal Anti-itch Dog Shampoo. This oatmeal based formula creates a protective layer on their skin and calms their irritated skin. It also contains nourishing elements like aloe vera, vitamins, quinoa, and almond extracts.
- Manufactured in the USA and FDA approved.
- Antifungal and antibacterial formula.
- Reduces mats and helps in detangling
5. FURminator DeShedding Ultra Premium Shampoo for Dogs
Control the excessive shedding of your Pomsky with FURminator DeShedding Ultra Premium Shampoo for Dogs. It is specially formulated to enhance the functionality of deshedding tools. It helps maintain your Pomsky’s hygiene and keep your home clean from their fallen hairs.
- Does not contain parabens and chemical dyes.
- Rich in omega fatty acids for better coat care
- Ideal for adult Pomskies.
Dog Shampoos For Pomskies Buyer’s Guide
The miniature-sized Pomskies are prone to certain skin infections and allergies. They are likely to shed a lot even after brushing their coat. Their undercoat is responsible for protecting their skin. An appropriate dog shampoo does not only maintain their hygiene but also keeps their coat healthy and strong by preventing the growth of mats, fungus, and bacteria. But you might be worried about how you can choose a suitable dog shampoo for your Pomsky—considering that we have discussed below the primary factors that usually affect buyer’s choice.
Dog shampoo is not very expensive. It would be best not to use your shampoo on your Pomsky as they have different hairs than yours. Some specialized shampoo may cost extra pennies, but the final decision on which type of shampoo to buy depends on you. Availing of the offered discounts is also an option for further benefits.
The first and foremost criterion that should be kept in mind while deciding on the ingredient is that it should be pH balanced. If not, it can cause infections and allergies to your Pomsky. A dog shampoo should also contain nutritional elements like vitamins and minerals. The one formulated with natural ingredients like aloe vera, eucalyptus, tea tree oil, and oatmeal act as a soothing element. Plant protein is also necessary to dilute any significant odor. Artificial ingredients should be avoided to keep them from allergies.
If your Pomsky has dull and dry skin, natural coconut oil in the ingredient and shampoo with conditioning properties helps rejuvenate their skin and regain its natural luster. Aloe vera and oatmeal are appropriate for the Pomskies with itchy skin. Pomskies are likely to shed more frequently. Therefore, a deshedding shampoo is preferable for such Pomskies.
As mentioned earlier, Pomskies are prone to skin infections and allergies. It is suggested to avoid any artificial elements like chemical dyes and thickeners. Some Pomskies can also get allergic to common shampoo ingredients. It is best to take the advice of a veterinarian under such circumstances.
If your Pomsky is still a puppy, you need to be extra careful. As your young Pomsky might not be aware that shampoo can irritate their eyes, it is recommended to buy a no-tear formula and a gentler shampoo. You can also opt for a dry shampoo in such a situation.
- Best Dog Shampoos
- Best Puppy Shampoos
- Best Medicated Dog Shampoos
- Best Dry Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Conditioners
- Best Hairless Dog Shampoos
- Best Antibacterial and Anti-Fungal Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Food for Pomskies
- Best Puppy Food for Pomskies
- Best Dog Crate for Pomskies
- Best Dog Bed for Pomskies
- Best Dog Brush for Pomskies
- Best Dog Toys for Pomskies
- Best Dog Collar for Pomskies
- Best Dog Harness for Pomskies
- Best Dog Muzzle for Pomskies
- Best Training Book for Pomskies