Best Dog Shampoo for Shiba Inus
Here are our Shiba Inu dog shampoo reviews.
1. Burt’s Bees All Natural Oatmeal Shampoo & Conditioner for Dogs
Burt’s Bees All Natural Oatmeal Shampoo & Conditioner for Dogs is a gentle formula, combination of conditioner and shampoo. This product is designed to soothe and soften the coat of Shiba Inus. Another added benefit is that this shampoo is great for dogs with dry skin.
- Free of fragrances, sulfates and harsh chemicals
- Contains beeswax and oatmeal for sensitive skin
- Allergy friendly
2. Wahl Shed Shampoo for Animal Shedding
The Wahl Shed Control pet Shampoo for Animal Shedding is a high recommended shampoo for Shiba Inus especially when going through their shedding phase. This shampoo is scented with lemongrass and sage for maximum freshness. It also reduces shedding and dander while leaving the coat clean and refreshed.
- Allergy friendly
- PEG-80, Alcohol and paraben free
- PH balanced
3. Healthy Breeds Dog Shampoo
The Healthy Breeds Dog Deodorizing Shampoo is great for keeping a Shiba Inu fresh and clean. This shampoo features a delicious sweet pea vanilla scent to mask the inevitable wet doggy smell of a Shiba Inu that has been playing outside all day.
- Suitable for use with topical flea control treatments
- Gentle, soap free formula
- Contains emollients for moisturizing
4. Healthy Breeds Herbal Shampoo For Dry Itchy Skin
The Healthy Breeds Herbal Avocado Shampoo for Dry Itchy skin is a specialist shampoo perfect for Shiba Inus with sensitive skins or allergies. This shampoo provides a soothing effect while moisturizing and nourishing the coat and skin or a Shiba Inu.
- Natural and gentle
- Leaves the coat soft & silky
- Will not strip the coat of natural oils
5. BarkLogic 2 in 1 Natural Dog Shampoo and Conditioner
The BarkLogic 2 in 1 Natural Dog Shampoo and Conditioner is a plant based shampoo with essential oils perfect for Shiba Inus with sensitive skin. This shampoo and conditioner is made 100% cruelty free with natural ingredients only.
- Sulfate free cleansing & conditioning in one easy step
- Infused with vitamin E, Aloe, flax seed and omega 3
Dog Shampoo for Shiba Inus Buyer’s Guide
Choosing a suitable shampoo for a Shiba Inu is an important decision for dog owners. While prices rarely reach over $10, it is a product which will be used regularly so picking the right one for your dog to get used to makes it a very worthy investment. Finding the right shampoo for a Shiba Inu will improve overall health, appearance and long term happiness off the dog, so it is a decision worth considering carefully.
Our buying guide reviews the best shampoos on the market so you can choose the right dog shampoo for your Shiba Inu. The following attributes can be found on most dog shampoos and will help to guide you in the direction of the most suitable one for your dogs needs.
The last situation a dog owner wants to face is an allergic reaction brought on by using a shampooing product. Most dog shampoos are allergy tested and contain only gentle ingredients that won’t cause a flare up to occur. Shiba Inus generally have tough skin but it is still worth checking that the shampoo is not going to aggravate a pre existing allergy your dog may have.
Dog shampoos which are derived from natural products are generally less risky when applied to the coat of a Shiba Inu. The natural oils produced by a Shiba Inu’s coat should not be affected or eradicated by the shampoo, and choosing natural products such as coconut derived agents or avocado extracts will ensure that the shampoo is kind to your dogs coat and skin.
Some dog shampoos will be specifically geared towards the shedding phases. By keeping the skin and coat as healthy as possible when a Shiba Inu is shedding there will be less dander and shedding for you to clean up.
There are many different scented shampoos available, and it really comes down to personal preference. Some popular ones to consider are; lemongrass, coconut, avocado, sage, aloe, lime and chamomile to name a few.
- Best Dog Shampoos
- Best Puppy Shampoos
- Best Medicated Dog Shampoos
- Best Dry Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Conditioners
- Best Hairless Dog Shampoos
- Best Antibacterial and Anti-Fungal Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Food for Shina Inus
- Best Puppy Food for Shiba Inus
- Best Dog Crate for Shiba Inus
- Best Dog Bed for Shiba Inus
- Best Dog Brush for Shiba Inus
- Best Dog Toys for Shiba Inus
- Best Dog Collar for Shiba Inus
- Best Dog Harness for Shiba Inus
- Best Dog Muzzle for Shiba Inus