Staffordshire bull terriers don’t need to be bathed often but are prone to getting demodectic mange and atopic dermatitis, so you’ll want to take caution when looking for a shampoo. Your dog’s skin might be sensitive, and dry, at times, so a good moisturizer is ideal. We looked at the best shampoos for you and your Staffordshire bull terrier to help make the choice easier.
Best Dog Shampoo for Staffordshire Bull Terriers
Here are our reviews for the best dog shampoo for Staffordshire bull terriers.
Healty Breeds has several shampoos on the market, and all of them are great. We like chamomile, oatmeal and aloe formula as it soothes the dogs’ skin, which is important especially for Staffordshire bull terriers. Healthy Breeds also won’t interfere with topical flea and tick medications, which again is important for outside dogs.
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
- Made in federally regulated manufacturing facilities
- Safe for puppies over 6 weeks old
Moosh’s natural dog shampoo is a great choice if you find your Staffordshire bull terriers is getting dry skin, or hot spots, as it’s the only shampoo formulated with bentonite clay. Bentonite clay will bind to things like bacteria and fungus while soothing the skin. In addition to the clay, Moosh’s formula includes other pure, wholesome ingredients.
- Ph balanced for your dog
- Made in U.S.A.
Burt’s Bees has been known since 1984 for their safe, effective, and natural products. That tradition continues with their line of dog products. This particular formula is created with colloidal oats, honey and green tea extract, leaving your dog’s skin moisturized, shiny, and nourished.
- Free of fragrances, sulphates, colorants, and harsh chemicals
- pH balanced, tearless formula
- Safe to use with topical flea and tick treatments
This is another formula that is great for Staffordshire bull terriers’ skin and coat, especially if they have dry, itchy skin. Pets Are Kids Too adds Vitamins A, D, and E for a moisturized, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory formula. In addition to helping your Staffordshire bull terriers’s skin and coat, this shampoo and conditioner will have your dog smelling amazing and is vet recommended.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Opportunity to help dogs with cancer
- 100% natural and plant-based
Nature’s Specialties shampoo comes in a concentrated formula and can be used as is or diluted up to 24:1. This formula has been recognized as a premium quality conditioning shampoo since the mid-80’s. The Plum Silky formula will have your Staffordshire bull terrier smelling great, while adding texture to their coat, which will have them looking their best.
- 100% money back guarantee
- Non-toxic and biodegradable
- Made in U.S.A.
Dog Shampoo for Staffordshire Bull Terriers Buyer’s Guide
Our buying guide reviews the best dog shampoo for your Staffordshire bull terrier.
Ingredients in shampoos vary widely, however we do see a common theme with colloidal oatmeal. Many companies are moving away from soaps and parabens and are using natural ingredients such as honey, aloe, and shea on top of the oatmeal, which will help your Staffordshire bull terrier’s skin. Fragrances are often derived from essential oils added to the formulas.
There’s not a lot of variety when it comes to packaging shampoo, it’s almost always in a plastic bottle of some sort. The biggest different might come in the cap. There are a few different types of caps such as, flip top, screw off, pump and push top. Many of the bottles these days are recyclable.
It is possible to get dog shampoo in different sizes however a standard bottle is generally fine for a Staffordshire bull terrier. You may want to invest in a larger bottle if you have more than one dog. Shelf life of dog shampoo usually run between 6-18 months, so you can judge the sizing you need.
- Best Dog Shampoos
- Best Puppy Shampoos
- Best Medicated Dog Shampoos
- Best Dry Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Conditioners
- Best Hairless Dog Shampoos
- Best Antibacterial and Anti-Fungal Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Food for Staffordshire Bull Terriers
- Best Puppy Food for Staffordshire Bull Terriers
- Best Dog Crate for Staffordshire Bull Terriers
- Best Dog Bed for Staffordshire Bull Terriers
- Best Dog Brush for Staffordshire Bull Terriers
- Best Dog Toys for Staffordshire Bull Terriers
- Best Dog Collar for Staffordshire Bull Terriers
- Best Dog Harness for Staffordshire Bull Terriers
- Best Dog Muzzle for Staffordshire Bull Terriers
- Best Training Book for Staffordshire Bull Terriers