Generally hairless, Xoloitzcuintlis typically have a very short coat. These dogs require a bath every two weeks, usually, because they are known to stink a lot. If they are spending more time out, the chances are that they will catch more dirt and get stinky more often, so a good shampoo with a long-lasting effect is the need of the hour.
You must be wondering how you will pick a shampoo as efficiently as these dogs demand. So, to make your life easier, we have shared our reviews on the dog Shampoos that are possibly the best ones for your Xoloitzcuintli.
Best Dog Shampoos for Xoloitzcuintlis
Here are our dog shampoos for Xoloitzcuintlis reviews.
1. Buddy Wash Original Lavender and Mint Dog Shampoo and Conditioner
Bestow your Xoloitzcuintli with a refreshing smell and a matchless look with Buddy Wash Original Lavender and Mint Dog Shampoo and Conditioner. This conditioning shampoo brings a glisten to your pet pal’s coat and gives him a soothing sensation, which is quite satisfying for him. You should not worry much about this shampoo’s composition as it is dominated with botanical extracts, which are safe for Xoloitzcuintli.
- Features an alcohol-free formula
- Contains wheat protein as a natural deodorizer
- Helps in giving a soothing sensation with Aloe vera extracts
2. Pet Ag Fresh ‘N Clean Scented Dog Shampoo
Pet Ag has provided pet owners with an opportunity to give their dog a sweet and refreshing g smell, which is generally known to persist for two weeks. This Fresh ‘N Clean Scented Shampoo can be an ideal choice for your Xoloitzcuintli, as it contains soothing Aloe vera extracts, vitamin E, and specialized conditioners, which give a soothing effect which your pet pal would love.
- Features a pH regulated formula
- Lacks soap which is harmful to your Xoloitzcuintli’s skin
- Moisturizes your pet pal’s skin
3. Zesty Paws Oatmeal Anti-Itch Shampoo
Zesty Paws Oatmeal Anti-Itch Shampoo is an ideal choice for dogs like Xoloitzcuintli, whose skin is usually sensitive due to their shorter coat. This shampoo gives a remarkable soothing effect to the itching spots and discourages itching. It creates a protective layer on your pet pal’s skin that prevents your doggie from having any further itching issues.
- Contains vitamin E and C to provide a healthy coat
- Features almond extracts to further soothe your pet pal’s skin well
- Leaves your pet pal with a light vanilla scent
4. HyLyt Hypoallergenic Dog Shampoo
HyLyt Hypoallergenic Dog Shampoo is a viable option for your Xoloitzcuintli, as it has all those ingredients which are required to have a healthy coat. This dog shampoo even contains the essential omega fatty acids, which are known to guarantee a healthy and glossy coat to your pet pal. It does not cause any dryness and keeps your pet pal’s skin well-moisturized.
- Features a soap-free formula
- Keeps your pet pal’s skin hydrated
- Helps in controlling the adverse effects of seborrhea
5. Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Antiseptic & Antifungal Shampoo
Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Antiseptic and Antifungal Shampoo is a good option if your Xoloitzcuintli is going through the common skin infections which doggies encounter. This shampoo contains Benzethonium Chloride to eliminate the bacteria that cause issues like itching and odor.
- Contains Ketoconazole for treating any potential fungal infection
- Free of paraben
- Contains aloe vera to soothe skin
Dog Shampoo for Xoloitzcuintli Buyer’s Guide
Dog shampoos play a great role when it comes to grooming your Xoloitzcuintli well. These dogs do not have a longer coat; in fact, they are usually considered Hairless, so you cannot get much out of their brushing sessions. However, their bathing sessions create a big difference, nourishing and moisturizing their skin, giving them an alluring scent, with a single shower. However, due to their shorter coat, the skin of your Xoloitzcuintli is quite sensitive, so the selection of shampoo needs to be done vigilantly.
The dog shampoos that we picked were selected on particular grounds that determine how safe they are for your Xoloitzcuintli. To help you understand this barrier much better and make your selection based on this constraint, we have shared our buyer’s guide, where we discussed this in detail.
Your Xoloitzcuintli’s skin has got different sensitivities at different life stages. You have to base your shampoo selection according to their age group. For instance, in their puppyhood, you should only go for a mild formula that does not contain any chemicals and guarantees a tear-free solution. However, when they reach adulthood, you can change your preferences.
You can easily check what your pack of shampoo contains by simply going through the bottle’s label and the ingredients section. Generally, a mild formula suits all life stages. You must opt for that dog shampoo, which is formulated using natural ingredients only; for instance, you should look for the presence of botanical extracts as they help a lot in moisturizing your Xoloitzcuintli’s skin. Your Xoloitzcuintli’s skin is very sensitive and requires a lot of nourishment. It is better to buy a shampoo that also contains ingredients like almond, shea butter, or lavender that leaves your Xoloitzcuintli with a refreshing smell, as they stink quite often because of the fact that they sweat a lot.
Certain ingredients are generally harmful to your Xoloitzcuintli’s skin’s chemical composition, as they cause their skin to be flaky or dry usually. These entail:
- Chemical dyes
- Best Dog Shampoos
- Best Puppy Shampoos
- Best Medicated Dog Shampoos
- Best Dry Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Conditioners
- Best Hairless Dog Shampoos
- Best Antibacterial and Anti-Fungal Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Food for Xoloitzcuintlis
- Best Puppy Food for Xoloitzcuintlis
- Best Dog Crate for Xoloitzcuintlis
- Best Dog Bed for Xoloitzcuintlis
- Best Dog Brush for Xoloitzcuintlis
- Best Dog Toys for Xoloitzcuintlis
- Best Dog Collar for Xoloitzcuintlis
- Best Dog Harness for Xoloitzcuintlis
- Best Dog Muzzle for Xoloitzcuintlis
- Best Training Book for Xoloitzcuintlis