Best Dog Shampoos for Pitbulls
Here are our Pitbull dog shampoo reviews.
Earthbath All Natural Pet Shampoo is an extra gentle and tearless shampoo. The all-natural ingredients are pet safe and formulated to help clean and heal the skin and coat. It is entirely made in the USA.
- Gentle wild cherry scent
- Naturally pH balanced
- Contains no DEA, parabens, phosphates, or artificial colors or fragrances
Bodhi Dog Anti Itch Oatmeal Shampoo is a medicated shampoo that helps fight itchy, flaky, or dry skin. The oatmeal, fruit essences, aloe, and coconut combine to moisturize and rejuvenate the skin and coat. It is also formulated to have antibacterial and antifungal properties, to assist in fighting skin infections that may be present.
- Contains natural ingredients
- Completely non-toxic and free of skin-drying alcohols
- Formulated for sensitive skin and can be used on hot spots
Pro Pet Works All Natural Organic Oatmeal Pet Shampoo is a premium shampoo that is completely natural and hypoallergenic. It is formulated to be cleansing, deodorizing, moisturizing, and environmentally friendly. With the gentle fragrance of cherries and almonds, it will leave your Pitbull clean and smelling great.
- Free of allergens and irritants, so it’s perfect for dry and sensitive skin
- Non-toxic and free of alcohols, sulfates, chemicals, and artificial colors and fragrances
- The addition of aloe, and vitamins A, D, and E help keep the skin and coat moisturized and healthy
Wahl Dry Skin & Itch Relief Shampoo is an all-purpose itch relief shampoo for Pitbulls. It is designed for dogs with severe allergies, with pH balanced 100% natural ingredients. The coconut lime formula cleans dirty coats and soothes itchy skin.
- Made in the USA and free of alcohol, parabens, and PEG-80
- Coconut based formula lathers richly and cleans deeply
- Used by professional groomers and vets for over 50 years
Burt’s Bees 2 in 1 Shampoo and Conditioner is a gentle option for cleaning your Pitbull puppy. The all-natural ingredients include buttermilk and linseed oil, to soothe skin and moisturize the coat. It is formulated to be 100% pet safe, with no artificial fragrances, and no sulfates, colorants, or harsh chemicals.
- Cleans and soothes skin, and softens and conditions the coat
- Omega-3 and vitamin E reduce breakage of fur
- Shea butter and honey moisturizes and adds shine
4Legger Organic Dog Shampoo is a 100% non-toxic natural dog wash. It is handcrafted in small batches with completely plant-based vegan ingredients that include coconut oil, and lemongrass oil. The natural moisturizers are hypoallergenic and work to reduce dry, itchy, and flaky skin.
- USDA certified organic and completely biodegradable
- The gentle formulation is completely safe for all life stages
- Utilizes lemongrass and citrus to combine with your dog’s natural oils to moisturize and add shine to their coat
Particular Paws Hypoallergenic Shampoo is an all-natural shampoo for your Pitbull. It is formulated with aloe, chamomile, and rosemary, for gentle disinfecting and soothing effects. It has a luxurious texture that produces enough lather to spread and clean, without becoming messy.
- Formulated to not only be hypoallergenic but to help wash away surface allergens that may be in the coat
- The mild ingredients clean effectively while moisturizing and soothing
- The unique formula helps protect the skin with allergy blockers
BotaniVet Manuka Honey Pet Shampoo is an organic, 100% natural shampoo for your Pitbull. It contains the special ingredient of Manuka Honey from New Zealand, which is a powerful antibacterial and antifungal agent. It is formulated with an all-natural soap made from coconut, olive, and jojoba oils, with additional ingredients to soothe irritated and flaky skin.
- USDA certified organic
- Includes aloe to cool and soothe irritated skin
- Free from GMOs, sulfates, alcohols, and harsh chemicals and detergents
Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Premium Dog Shampoo is a scientifically formulated gentle shampoo for your pittie. Perfect for dogs with allergies or sensitivities to fragrances, it is created with the addition of vitamin E, lactic acid, and allantoin to heal and soothe. This medicated shampoo is also effective as a topical treatment to kill bacteria on the skin without the need for medication.
- Allantoin moisturizes the skin, while the lactic acid helps retain that moisture with a lipid barrier
- The pH-balanced formula will not wash away topical flea and tick treatments
- Free of sulfates, parabens, dyes, and traditional soaps
Healthy Breeds Oatmeal & Aloe Dog Shampoo is a hypoallergenic shampoo for sensitive skin. It is pH balanced and the oatmeal and vitamin infusions help build and maintain a healthy coat. The soap-free formula is super gentle and helps restore natural moisture and emollients in the skin and coat of your Pitbull.
- Will not harm or wash away topical flea treatments
- Delicious pina colada scent
- Specifically formulated for Pitbulls
Pitbull Dog Shampoo Buyer’s Guide
When choosing a shampoo for your Pitbull, you should pay particular attention to your dog’s allergies, sensitivities, and skin and coat condition, and your own preference for available all-natural and organic options.
Many of the shampoos we’ve examined cater to allergies and skin sensitivities since they are a common occurrence in Pitbull breeds. Some of the options, however, not only have a gentle formula to prevent reactions, but they also have ingredients that help inhibit or minimize allergens from affecting the dog for a time after bathing. Make sure to examine the listed ingredients on any shampoo before purchase, if your dog has known sensitivities to certain ingredients or additives.
Another consideration to bear in mind is your dog’s skin and coat condition. If they have had an allergic reaction and now have fur loss, flaky skin, or sores and hotspots, take care to pick a shampoo that will address these things. Many of the shampoos we’ve shown have ingredients that are meant to soothe skin and treat bacterial or fungal infections on the skin. Still, others are able to be used even with sores or hotspots, to help soothe and heal those areas. Most options will have ingredients or vitamins meant to help treat the coat and rebuild the moisture level that helps alleviates itchy, dry, and flaky skin.
The last thing to look at is a product that aligns with your possible desire to adhere to an all-natural or organic option. Many of the shampoos we have looked at are formulated with all-natural ingredients, featuring no artificial additives or harsh chemicals, and sourcing all ingredients via natural extracts, plant sources, et cetera. With that in mind, there is a much more limited selection of shampoos that are organic. USDA organic certification is difficult to obtain and only applies to a very small number of products. While all of the shampoos listed here are pet safe and effective methods of cleaning your dog, there is a very limited number that are USDA certified organic.
Dog Shampoo for Pitbulls Review Conclusion
We hope our guide has helped you to decide what will be the best shampoo for your Pitbull. As long as you take into account existing allergies and skin or coat conditions, and whether you prefer an all-natural or possibly organic option, you will be able to choose the perfect shampoo to suit you and your Pitbull’s needs.
- Best Dog Shampoos
- Best Puppy Shampoos
- Best Medicated Dog Shampoos
- Best Dry Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Conditioners
- Best Hairless Dog Shampoos
- Best Antibacterial and Anti-Fungal Dog Shampoos
- Best Puppy Food for Pitbulls
- Best Dog Food for Pitbulls
- Best Dog Crate for Pitbulls
- Best Dog Bed for Pitbulls
- Best Dog Brush for Pitbulls
- Best Dog Toys for Pitbulls
- Best Dog Collar for Pitbulls
- Best Dog Harness for Pitbulls
- Best Dog Muzzle for Pitbulls