Stubborn, feisty yet extremely loving, these are some words that describe Rat Terriers. They are diggers by nature and playful pets that do well in a family setting. From a grooming perspective, Rat terriers are pretty low-maintenance because of their short coat and silky fur. Bathing Rat Terriers is quite easy, as you would need to bathe them only when needed.
Are you looking for a nice and gentle dog shampoo for your beloved Rat Terrier? We are happy to help you with details of some of the best dog shampoos for Rat Terriers.
Best Dog Shampoos for Rat Terriers
Here are our dog shampoos for Rat Terriers reviews.
1. Buddy Wash Original Lavender & Mint Dog Shampoo & Conditioner
Buddy Wash Lavender and Mint Shampoo is a cosmetic-grade gentle shampoo-cum-conditioner that ensures that your Rat Terrier smells like it is just out of the spa. This shampoo is made with botanical extracts and natural oils to ensure your dog remains fresh for a longer time. Buddy Wash Shampoo is indeed an excellent choice for your Rat Terrier.
- Soap-free shampoo and conditioner.
- Completely alcohol-free and tearless.
- Can be used frequently.
2. Burt’s Bees Waterless Shampoo with Apple & Honey for Dogs
Bath your Rat Terrier with Burt’s Bees waterless shampoo and see him stay fresh and smell good for a long time. This shampoo is made of natural products like apple and honey that not only nourishes your Rat Terrier’s skin and coat but also gives it a wonderful shine. This shampoo is made cruelty-free and free of colorants and sulfates.
- Strengthens hair follicles and keeps hair moisturized.
- pH balanced formula prevents dry skin.
- Has eucalyptus as a natural deodorizer
3. PetAg Fresh ‘N Clean Scented Dog Shampoo
PetAg Fresh ‘N Clean Dog Shampoo is sure to keep your Rat Terrier smell amazing and feel fresh for a long time. This shampoo is formulated with natural, soap-free and plant-based ingredients that work wonderfully on your Rat Terrier’s skin and give its shiny and healthy coat. Rest assured, PetAg’s shampoo is an excellent choice for your Rat Terrier!
- Gentle on pet’s skin due to the pH-balanced formula.
- Keeps hair manageable and free of tangles.
- Long-lasting odor control.
4. Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe Fragrance Free Dog & Cat Shampoo
Reduce your Rat Terrier’s itchiness and dryness using Earthbath Oatmeal Shampoo. This shampoo is made of natural and organic oatmeal and Aloe Vera that nourishes your Rat Terrier’s skin and keeps it moisturized. This shampoo is also free from any fragrance; hence it is an ideal choice for pets with allergies.
- Soothes and heals scratched skin.
- Soap-free formula prevents more dryness.
- 100% biodegradable product and devoid of parabens and phosphates.
5. Hartz Groomer’s Best Soothing Oatmeal Dog Shampoo
Hartz Groomer’s Soothing Dog Shampoo is specially formulated to clean and soothe irritated skin. Shower your beloved Rat Terriers with this shampoo to calm them and reduce the discomfort of dry and itchy skin. This shampoo is an excellent option for dogs with any coat.
- Made of oatmeal and honey that moisture and cleans dry skin.
- Formulated with proteins and other ingredients to ensure a silky soft coat.
- Give a refreshing yet subtle fragrance.
Dog Shampoos For Rat Terriers Buyer’s Guide
Dogs love to roll in muddy puddles, dig all their way around your yard, or play around a lot! So, it comes as no surprise that they can come back smelly and dirty. That’s where the type of shampoo comes into the picture. Get your Rat Terrier the right shampoo to make sure that they can stay fresh and smell their best for the lost time.
Let us discuss what factors need to be taken into consideration before buying Dog Shampoo for Rat Terriers:
The coat is one of the primary determinants of your Rat Terrier’s health; hence one of the first things to do before going shampoo shopping is to identify the needs of your Rat Terriers. For instance, if your dog has dry and itchy skin, then a nice moisturizing shampoo with natural ingredients will do the trick. If you want your dog to smell fresh for a long time, pick deodorizing organic shampoos that have herb, fruits and flower extracts.
Another thing to think about is the life stage of your Rat Terrier. Some shampoos may not suit your pup, as it may contain harsh chemicals that would not suit the Rat Terrier’s skin. While some shampoos are chemical-free and are made of a tearless formula that suits dogs of all ages.
Skin and coat type
Keep your Rat Terrier’s skin and coat type in mind before purchasing the shampoo. You must understand if your dog has itchy skin or allergies or any sensitivities before buying anything as it may be harmful to your Rat Terrier’s health.
Read ingredient label
While shopping for any product, it is essential to read the label that comes attached. Dog shampoos are made of various ingredients while some are natural; some of them have certain chemicals that may or may not be suitable for your Rat Terriers. Get shampoos that are USDA certified or FDA approved to be extra sure of its efficacy and safety.
Avoid buying shampoos that are not biodegradable or have harsh chemicals like parabens and sulfates. Stick to natural products like oatmeal, fruits, Aloe Vera, and herb extracts for healthy and well-nourished skin. A shampoo rich in minerals, vitamins, proteins can bring back the lost lusterless and smoothness of your Rat Terrier’s coat.
Vet or Groomer Recommendation
Before shopping for a shampoo for your pet Rat Terrier, it would be wise to get advice from your vet or groomer, so as to avoid any discomfort in the future. Dogs with skin allergies or sensitivities can opt for special shampoos that are made of medicated ingredients that renourish and keep the skin and coat healthy. If your Rat Terrier has a flea or tick problem, your vet will be able to prescribe specialized medicated shampoos that are made to rid them of fleas and ticks and help keep the skin clean and healthy.
- Best Dog Shampoos
- Best Puppy Shampoos
- Best Medicated Dog Shampoos
- Best Dry Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Conditioners
- Best Hairless Dog Shampoos
- Best Antibacterial and Anti-Fungal Dog Shampoos
- Best Dog Food for Rat Terriers
- Best Puppy Food for Rat Terriers
- Best Dog Crate for Rat Terriers
- Best Dog Bed for Rat Terriers
- Best Dog Brush for Rat Terriers
- Best Dog Toys for Rat Terriers
- Best Dog Collar for Rat Terriers
- Best Dog Harness for Rat Terriers
- Best Dog Muzzle for Rat Terriers
- Best Training Book for Rat Terriers