Adventure often comes with the territory of pet ownership, and if you and your pet love to get out and explore the world around you, there will inevitably be moments of required rest. So why not treat your pet to the comfort he or she deserves with a pet sleeping bag that will keep them cozy, protected from the elements and the ground?
There are many factors to consider when purchasing a pet sleeping bag, from the materials to the shape and size. We’ve reviewed the top dog sleeping bags and pulled out their unique features.
Best Dog Sleeping Bags
Here are our dog sleeping bag reviews.
With the Outrav sleeping bag, you never have to leave your pet behind on any adventures. Your pet will have a comfortable place to sleep whether outside, in a tent or even in an RV. And, this Outrav is extremely lightweight so it’s easy to store and tote.
- This bed is warm and waterproof and made from lightweight insulated material.
- This sleeping bag rolls up small and is easy to store with other camping gear.
- The pet sleeping bag measures 36″ in length and 26″ in width.
The ONELIGHT sleeping bag is perfect for pets of all sizes. This bag is easily portable and washable and can be taken with you on your next adventure. Pets will stay cozy even under the cool moonlight.
- The dimensions measure 45.2 inches long by 29-inches wide.
- ONELIGHT comes with a travel-friendly carry bag for easy portability.
- This bag is totally machine washable.
The RUFFWEAR Highlands is made for adventure! This lightweight and durable sleeping bag promises a comfortable rest for your pet after a day filled with excitement. And, this bed is totally water resistant to keep pet warm on the ground or in a tent.
- The Highlands Bed measures 35 x 26 in with a 1 in loft. Packed in its stuff sack, it measures 12 x 4 in. It weighs 12.7 oz.
- The side zipper opens the bag wide for easy entry and zips shut to retain heat.
- The durable polyester fabric shell is water-resistant and quick-drying.
The Mac Sports blue pet sleeping bag is as attractive as it is cozy for your pet! The Mac Sports also features a comfortable headrest for your dog after a long day. This bag is highly portable and features its own carry case.
- The exterior is constructed of a water resistant nylon.
- The interior is a soft microfiber.
- The open dimensions measure 40-inches by 33.5 inches.
The Lifeunion bag is designed for comfortable rest of your pup, no matter where life takes you. This lightweight sleeping bag is extremely portable and can be easily stored. This bag is perfect for camping, or can be used on a sofa at home.
- The unique design of this sleeping bag features a zipper on the tail and the drawstring design on the head keeps dog protected.
- The bag features a polyester exterior and fleece interior.
- The bag is waterproof and soft and easy to clean.
The Hurtta Outback keeps your pet cozy on even the coldest nights. The interior heat-reflecting foil gives off significant warmth. And it is lightweight and compact to take anywhere on your journeys!
- This bed is round, uniquely designed to support your dog’s natural sleeping position.
- The Hurtta is insulated and Constructed of water-repellent and breathable material.
- The heat reflecting foil on the inside keeps dogs warmer than most traditional pet sleeping beds.
Rosie’s Ped Bed is designed for the littlest canine adventurer. This bag is made for hikes or camping and can be rolled up into a backpack. And waterproof materials keep your pet dry and comfortable.
- The dimensions measure 25’ inches in length and 16 inches in width.
- This lightweight sleeping bag weighs only 7 ounces and makes it backpacker friendly.
- Waterproof materials keep your pets dry and a soft fleece interior keeps them warm.
The Dog Helios bed is the highest quality dog bed! The sleeping bag features Helios “black shark” technology which makes the bed impermeable, waterproof and windproof. The Helios also retains heart while keeping your pet cool.
- Helios contains a PU water repellent coating and wear-resistant.
- The bag zips open via the side zippers and doubles in size!
- These dog beds feature connectable zippers so multiple begs can be connected together.
Volwco is a totally portable pack that includes its own carrying case for the pup on the go. This bed is totally washable, so after adventures, it can be easily cleaned. And the waterproof material is perfect for camping.
- With a zipper on the tail and one side of the bag, the drawstring design on the head keeps dog protected.
- The exterior is made of nylon and the inside is fleece and the bed is machine washable.
- A nylon sack for easy carrying is included.
The SOWATT pet sleeping bag is constructed with your pet’s comfort in mind. This bed has self-warming technology to keep your pet warm even on the coldest night. This bed has a unique feature: it comes with two poles and can be made into a tent, as well!
- The SOWATT Dog sleeping bag is made from 1680D Waterproof Oxford Fabric with a 220 cotton warm plush inner layer fill.
- The sleeping bag doubles as a tent and comes with two flexible rods for easy set up.
- The self-warming technology keeps your pet warm whether inside or out.
Dog Sleeping Bag Buying Guide
If adventure calls you and your pet, you want to find a place to rest after a long day of exploring. But not every pet sleeping bag is created alike; it’s important to determine the type of bag you are seeking and determine the purpose and even the weather conditions of where you will use the pet sleeping bag. There are a few factors to consider when purchasing a rest spot for your pet.
Size and shape
Like pet harnesses, pet sleeping bags come in a variety of sizes and shapes. It’s important that you measure the size of your dog and watch how your dog prefers to sleep. Look for dimensions on the product to ensure that your dog can fit in the bag. Most dogs will not prefer a very tight fit; if in doubt, go a size up.
The shape of the sleeping bag is also important. Typically, dogs don’t sleep in the same manner as humans. If your dog tends to curl up, a round sleeping bag is going to provide a more natural, comfortable option. If your dog tends to lay out and appreciates more head support, look for a sleeping bag that provides a zipper near the tail with an opening at the head so your pet can crawl in.
Will you be using your sleeping bag on a hiking trip or a camping trip or within an RV? Storage size and weight are key factors to consider. If you are going to take your pet on a hike with you, it’s important to select a sleeping bag that can roll up and fit with the camping gear or on a backpack. Also, look for a sleeping bag that comes with its own carrying case. This will ensure that you have a place to fit the sleeping bag and it stays put in its space. Additionally, if you are hiking with your pet’s sleeping bag, look for lightweight materials, like durable nylon, that will keep durable but not add on extra weight.
Materials and durability
Just as you would not want a sleeping bag that provided little respite from the elements, seek out a sleeping bag that is water-proof or water resistant. These bags will also keep the dog cozy and free from any precipitation in the air or on the ground. Durable blends like oxford nylon are generally considered top materials; these bags keep your pet warm while also providing a high level of breathability.