Best Dog Toys for Australian Shepherds
Here are our Australian Shepherd dog toy reviews.
1. KONG – Classic Dog Toy
The Kong classic dog is one of the most popular dog toys on the market, with good reason. A unique shape and dynamic rubber gives KONG an unpredictable bounce, sparking chase instincts. And durable, natural rubber satisfies your dog’s instinctual need to chew.
- By encouraging healthy play and satisfying instinctual needs, this toy helps solve chewing, separation anxiety, teething, boredom, weight management, crate training, digging and barking.
- Veterinarians and trainers worldwide recommend the KONG Classic.
- The Kong helps satisfy dogs’ instinctual needs and provides mental stimulation.
2. Chew King Fetch Balls Extremely Durable Natural Dog Toy Ball
The Chew King for aggressive chewers can be used on their own, or placed in a large ball launcher. Made of durable rubber, these chews also have a central air pocket which makes it easier for dog to grab. Available in multiple, vivid colors, the Chew King Fetch is easy to spot outside during play!
- Chew King stands up to even the most aggressive chewing.
- Each ball is designed with an air vent for easy grip.
- Natural materials free of chemical smell, these toys retains their shape, and bounce well.
3. The AIZARA Ring
The AIZARA ring is tough and built to last as it is made of bite-resistant and non-toxic polymer nylon. The layered texture of the ring helps clean your dog’s gums to support overall oral health. And the fun ring structure makes it a fun to relieve boredom or to play a game!
- This durable ring is made of bite-resistant and non-toxic polymer nylon.
- The unique nubs on the bone help to clean teeth and reduce plaque and tartar.
- This bone features extra layered textures and a spot to apply additional treats like peanut butter or gravy between the layers.
4. Indestructible Dog Ball
The Indestructible Dog Ball will withstand even the roughest play by your Australian Shepherd. This ball is about the size of a basement and is perfect for playing games in the dog park or your back yard! This dog has been tested by some of the most aggressive breeds and is very chew proof for years of play.
- The Indestructible Dog Ball is an easy to toss and throw size.
- This toy contains no toxic chemicals, so it’s safe to use with your pup.
- This toy bounces and is bright, so it’s harder to loose when you’re playing a wild game!
5. EASTBLUE Dog Chew Toy
Eastblue’s dog chew toys helps to satisfy dogs’ instinctual needs and release extra energy. The unique shape and energetic rubber give tornado an unpredictable bounce and roll to inspire chasing potential. The dogs enjoy chewing the toys as the bumps and grooves of tornado can deeply massage the dogs’ teeth and gums to support their oral health and release teeth pressure.
- Tornado is made from 100% natural rubber and is non-toxic.
- The unique toroidal shape with a diameter of 5.2 inches and a thickness of 1.6 inches makes the game exciting when it bounces.
- The aggressive series are made from high-density natural rubber
Australian Shepherd Dog Toys Buyer’s Guide
With their high energy level, Australian Shepherds benefit greatly from toys that keep them active and engaged. When buying a toy for your Australian Shepherd, look for the following characteristics:
Durable. Australian Shepherds, especially if kept as pets, often have a lot of excess energy and can spend it chewing. Make sure that your new dog toy is up to the challenge and lasts longer than a day or two. Look for toys made of solid rubber or leather to stand the test of time.
Engaging. Like other working dogs, Australian Shepherds are energetic and need a lot of play, especially if they are kept as a pet. An engaging toy that will attract your dog’s attention will keep them busy and active even if you aren’t the one throwing the toy. Many of today’s toys are scented with bacon or allow peanut butter to be smeared inside, either of which can keep your dog playing long after you’ve had to return to other tasks.
Helps dental hygiene. Like all dogs, Australian Shepherds will need tooth care and cleaning during their life. But some toys can help on this front with features and materials that do some teeth cleaning as the dog plays. Finding a toy that does this may reduce the need for teeth care, or for expensive tooth cleanings!
Easy to find. Australian Shepherds love to run and play, especially over a big area. They can cover a lot of ground chasing after a ball! This also means, however, that they can lose toys in bushes and in puddles. To help reduce this chance, look for toys that are brightly colored and that float. That will help you avoid having to replace too many lost toys!
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Treat
- Best Automatic Fetch Machine
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Food Container
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Dog Ramp
- Best Dog Cooling Vest
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Cooling Pad
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Balls
- Best Australian Shepherd Essentials, Accessories, and Toys
- Best Dog Food for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Crate for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Bed for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Brush for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Collar for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Harness for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Australian Shepherds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Australian Shepherds
- Best Puppy Food for Australian Shepherds