If you own an Australian Terrier, then you would know about their loyal, alert and friendly nature. They belong to the small breed of dogs and enjoy playing with their owner or by themselves all day long. You would want to provide your Australian Terrier with the best things, which includes toys as well.
Most of the dog owners don’t know how to pick up the toys for their Australian terrier. To make the process easier for you, we have reviewed some of the best dog toys available in the market.
Best Dog Toys for Australian Terriers
Here are our dog toys for Australian Terriers reviews.
Your Australian terrier would love to play fetch with you whenever they get the chance. With the help of Frisco Fetch Squeaking Colorful Tennis Ball Dog Toy, 3-Pack, you can play fetch with your dog. The Australian terrier will get enough fun and at the same time get their daily exercise.
- The balls have a built-in squeaker, which makes it more fun for your dog.
- You can reduce boredom and provide exercise to your dogs, both indoor and outdoor.
- The ball has a non-abrasive felt that does not harm the teeth of your dog.
If your Australian terrier just started teething then you should buy them Nylabone Teething Rings Puppy Chew Toy. It also works great for tugging and playing. Many vets also recommend this toy when your puppy starts teething to soothe the pain they experience.
- Your Australian terrier can chew this toy when teething and it also removes plaque and tartar.
- This toy promotes healthy chewing habits from a young age in your Australian terrier and the bright colours keep them entertained.
- The toy provides oral hygiene and makes your puppy’s breath fresh.
Your Australian terrier would love to burrow their nose in ZippyPaws Burrow Squeaky Hide & Seek Plush Dog Toy, Hedgehog Den for hours and keep them entertained. These fun and interactive puzzle toys challenge your dog. Also, you can clean the toy with ease by just throwing them in the machine for a wash.
- Easy to keep your Australian terrier busy for hours.
- The plush toy comes with three squeaky hedgehog toys that your dog needs to dig out from the burrow, which promotes interactive play.
- This works great for small breeds that do not have strong chewers.
If you have an Australian terrier less than 9 months old, then buy them KONG Puppy Flyer Dog Toy. With the help of this toy, you can easily teach your Australian terrier how to fetch and play. This also helps your dog get enough exercise while playing.
- Most users claim this disc as the best rubber disc as it provides safety and durability.
- Made with KONG unique rubber formula and also gentle on your Australian terrier’s teeth.
- Use this disc to play fetch and also help your dog burn some fat and get the required exercise.
Australian terriers would love to play tug of war with you, and Mammoth Braidys2 Knot Rope Bone for Dogs will help a lot. This is an excellent toy for teething and strong chewers dogs. Also having a strong build makes the product durable for an extended period of time.
- The rope consists of 100% cotton and makes it completely safe for your Australian terrier.
- The rope fibers help to floss the teeth of your Australian terrier when they chew the toy.
- The toy lasts a long time and your dog can play fetch with it as well as chew it.
Dog Toys for Australian Terriers Buyer’s Guide
The toys play an essential role in your Australian terrier’s life. Your dog would play with their toys for hours and keep himself or herself entertained and active. As a dog parent, you should carefully choose the toy as the wrong toys have the potential to harm your Australian terrier. Hence it is vital to keep certain things in mind when buying a toy for your dog.
We have compiled this buyer’s guide to make the buying process easier for you. Here, we have discussed in details all the features you should look out for when buying a toy for your Australian terrier.
When you want to choose a toy for your Australian Terrier, think about their age. If you choose a toy that belongs to the adult dogs section might seem too big for your puppy. And those who own a puppy should know they would start teething soon. Try to provide them with small and chew toys to help soothe the teething pain. Once they turn into an adult, then buy them hard toys. And senior dogs lose their strength with age so you can give them plush toys to hug and sleep.
Texture and size
By looking at the size of your Australian Terrier, you can decide which toy to buy. If you have a puppy, then they would need a small and soft toy. For adult dogs, try to buy hard chew toys and fetch toys. When your dog turns into an adult, they acquire enough strength to rip apart small and soft toys and ingest the pieces. This can cause harm to their intestine and also create a life-threatening situation.
To know which toys are the right sizes, try to see whether it fits the rear molar of your Australian Terrier. With the help of this trick, you can easily choose the right size of toys.
You will see that there is a large variety of dog toys available in the market. Out of them, you can easily distinguish the toys in four sections- chew toys, fetch toys, plush toys and rope toys. If your Australian terrier loves to chew then provide them with a chew toy. The rope toy encourages games such as tug of war. Fetch toys such as balls help them stay active and plush toys work best to cuddle and sleep.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Treat
- Best Automatic Fetch Machine
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Food Container
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Dog Ramp
- Best Dog Cooling Vest
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Cooling Pad
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Balls
- Best Accessories for Australian Terriers
- Best Dog Food for Australian Terriers
- Best Puppy Food for Australian Terriers
- Best Dog Crate for Australian Terriers
- Best Dog Bed for Australian Terriers
- Best Dog Brush for Australian Terriers
- Best Dog Collar for Australian Terriers
- Best Dog Harness for Australian Terriers
- Best Dog Muzzle for Australian Terriers
- Best Dog Shampoo for Australian Terriers
- Best Training Book for Australian Terriers