In our guide, we will show you the best toys available for the Dachshund, and why each one is special and effective. In the end, our buyer’s guide will help simplify the task of choosing and inspire you to get your little one a great toy.
Best Dog Toys For Dachshunds
Here are our Dachshund dog toy reviews.
The KONG Classic Dog Toy is one of the most well-known chew, fetch, and puzzle toys. It not only provides chewing satisfaction but when thrown it bounces unpredictably, leading to an exciting game of fetch. It is made from a super durable natural rubber and can stand up to your little powerhouse chewer.
- It can be filled with nearly any type of treats
- Can be frozen once filled to hold your dog’s attention for longer periods or during hotter days
- The unique shape gives the KONG a very strong, but unpredictable bounce
The Outward Hound Invincibles Snake is a stuffing-free plush toy for your Doxie. Perfect for the pup who likes to empty the filling from their plushes, this one has no stuffing and their bestselling ‘Invincibles Squeakers’ that will still make noise if punctured. Chew Shield construction means it will stand up to more biting, chewing, and tugging over time.
- No stuffing and invincible squeakers mean your Dachshund can keep playing and squeaking with no mess
- Extra-strong binding for lasting durability
- Comes in three different sizes and several colors
The Pet Zone IQ Treat Ball is a great way to provide mental stimulation and treats to your Doxie. It is designed to have a customizable difficulty to keep your pup improving over time. In addition to dispensing treats, it can be filled with dry food or kibble and can be used as a slow feeding aid.
- When being used as a slow feeding aid, it can help reduce bloating and digestive issues
- Ideal for prolonged play, as the dispensing is limited to specific movements
- Available in a 3 and 4-inch size
The Outward Hound Ottosson Puzzle Brick is a level 2 Ottoson puzzle, which has several ways that your pup can win treats. Not only valuable as cognitive enrichment, but it is also immensely helpful if your Doxie tends to eat too fast, you can simply divide their meal among the various compartments, and as they solve each one they get another portion of food. It is designed to be easily cleaned by just wiping it down with soap and warm water.
- Winning solutions by removing the white pieces, flipping open the lids on some red pieces, and sliding the other red pieces out of the way
- It allows slow feeding without having to give small portions of food manually
- Made from a durable and food-safe plastic
The Benebone Maplestick is a fetch and chew toy made from 100% real maple wood and long-lasting nylon. It is designed to be cleaner and safer than real tree sticks or branches, as it is textured to not produce dangerous splinters. The curves and ridges provide a way to grip it securely during fetch or chewing.
- Innovative toy engages your Doxie’s sense of smell, touch, and taste
- Made in the USA from materials that are 100% sourced in the USA
- It is the product of a company that is committed to canine welfare and consistently donates free products to shelters and rescues
Dachshund Dog Toy Buyer’s Guide
Picking toys for your Dachshund can sometimes be a daunting task, but as long as you identify what you want out of the toy, it can help narrow the selection. Some toys fulfill the role of a fetch toy, which is wonderful for keeping your pup active and agile. Other toys specialize in problem-solving, building intelligence, and teaching. There are still more toys that are outlets for biting and chewing. We’ve made sure there are toys in our list that fill each of these roles, some toys even fill several!
Dachshund Dog Toy Review Conclusion
We hope that our guide has helped you to choose a toy (or several!) for your Doxie. As long as you consider what role you would like the toy to fill, and what your pup’s toy preferences are, you should be in a great position to provide some great entertainment for your furry friend.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Treat
- Best Automatic Fetch Machine
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Food Container
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Dog Ramp
- Best Dog Cooling Vest
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Cooling Pad
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Balls
- Best Dog Food for Dachshunds
- Best Dog Crate for Dachshunds
- Best Dog Bed for Dachshunds
- Best Dog Brush for Dachshunds
- Best Dog Harness for Dachshunds
- Best Dog Collar for Dachshunds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Dachshunds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Dachshunds
- Best Puppy Food for Dachshunds