The Afghan Hound is unique and requires unique care for a happy, healthy dog. Playtime is an important part of an Afghan Hound’s day, and buying the best toys will make the owner’s experience just as enjoyable.
Here are the top five toys we recommend:
Best Dog Toys for Afghan Hounds
Here are our Afghan Hound dog toy reviews.
Three squeaky, stuffing-free animals come in one with the ZippyPaws Skinny Peltz! Stuffing-free toys make for a mess-free environment while the noise entertains!
- Comes with three designs: fox, raccoon, and squirrel!
- Being 18 inches long makes them suitable for all Afghan Hounds.
- Three rounded squeakers in each toy maximize noise and fun!
Afghan Hounds like a puzzle and this SenYoung Dog Snuffle Mat entertains them while feeding them! By hiding their food, you’re providing them with a delicious and healthy challenge!
- Washable design allows for maximum cleanliness.
- Designed to tire out even high-energy Afghan Hounds!
- Promotes nose training and slow eating habits.
The Outward Hound Hide-A-Squirrel Squeaky could be the perfect entertainment for your Afghan Hound! With many sizes and animal choices, this toy is customizable for each Afghan’s experience!
- Replacement parts are available for long-lasting products!
- Engages your Afghan Hound’s hunting and problem-solving instincts.
- Removable toys allow for fun anywhere in the house!
This Modern Dog Chew Toy from Willie Bones can withstand the most destructive chewers. The almost indestructible design will challenge every Afghan Hound’s hunting instincts.
- Useful from teething puppies to chewing adults!
- Natural rubber materials float, bringing the fun to the water!
- Encourages healthy habits for dealing with anxiety and boredom!
This toy is good for your Afghan Hound all around, entertaining your dog while cleaning their teeth!
- Built to withstand chewing while also being gentle to your Afghan Hound’s mouth.
- Reservoir for toothpaste means a cleaner smile!
- Can be used for any breed and size, making the perfect gift!
Afghan Hound Dog Toy Buyer’s Guide
Keeping your dog’s needs in mind while you shop is important, but you first have to know what those are. Afghan Hounds are high-energy hunting dogs, which means that they need toys that can keep up. Here is some information on what you can look for when shopping for your Afghan Hound.
Afghan Hounds need to be able to exercise their hunting instincts in order to stay sharp. Puzzle toys and toys that look like potential prey can be very beneficial for your dog. Squeaking toys are very exciting, but make sure that they are durable enough to withstand your Afghan Hound’s high energy. You can also give your Afghan Hound the scent of a toy and hide it, making it a game for them to find it! Toys can be used in many ways to benefit your Afghan Hound.
Exercising their Brain
Afghan Hounds are a very intelligent breed. It is important that they exercise their brain every day, just like humans, in order to stay sharp. Toys like snuffle mats that hide things from your Afghan Hound can be great tools in nose training and instinct strengthening. Having them look around and stick their nose everywhere to find their food is both entertaining and beneficial for them.
High Energy Dogs
Every high-energy dog owner knows that tiring out your pup is an important part of the daily routine. Afghan Hounds are one of these breeds and having toys that can make them tired without tiring you out are extremely helpful. You can look for toys that throw the ball for you if your dog likes to play fetch, or you can find exciting toys that make lots of noise to spur your Afghan into running around and spending their energy on their own.
Personality of your Pup
Above all, it is good to keep the personality of your dog in mind. Your Afghan Hound’s needs are unique to them, and knowing what will be the most beneficial to them will lead you to the smartest purchases. Are they easily excitable? Are they curious? Do they love squeaky toys, or do they prefer playing tug of war? Another thing to keep in mind about your Afghan Hound is their health! Toys that exercise are good for them, but keeping their dental health in check is important too. Be sure to look for toys that have multiple benefits!
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Treat
- Best Automatic Fetch Machine
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Food Container
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Dog Ramp
- Best Dog Cooling Vest
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Cooling Pad
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Balls
- Best Dog Food for Afghan Hounds
- Best Puppy Food for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Crate for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Bed for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Brush for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Collar for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Harness for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Afghan Hounds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Afghan Hounds
- Best Training Book for Afghan Hounds