Australian Cattle Dogs have been ranked 10th in a list of the most intelligent dogs, and have an active mind paired with an athletic body. Bred to be herding dogs, they can also be very interactive with their surroundings and love to get exercise.
Because of these characteristics, owning Australian Cattle Dogs as pets requires a lot of toys to keep them occupied between walks! Toys given to these dogs should be durable and should promote a lot of activity.
Best Dog Toys for Australian Cattle Dogs
Here are our Australian Cattle Dog toy reviews.
The Indestructible Dog Ball is made from the toughest, industrial strength rubber on the market. This chew is roughly the size of a baseball, perfect for playing a game of fetch. And, the Indestructible Dog Ball has been tested on some of the most aggressive breeds and remains intact so it’s perfect for your Australian Cattle dog.
- The Indestructible Dog Ball is the size of a baseball which makes it easy to throw for any medium or large sized dog.
- 100% safe, non-toxic, and chemical free
- These toys were tested and approved by German Shepherds, Pitbull, Mastiffs and many other aggressive chewers.
The GoughNut is a dog’s indestructible best friend. The circular shape makes the GoughNut and excellent fetching tool. GoughNuts were designed by engineers who are so confident in their design that if your pet chews through the outer layer to expose the inner red layer, GoughNut will replace your chew.
- The GoughNut dog toys float in water.
- GoughNuts toys have been designed by mechanical and polymer engineers.
- GoughNuts dog toys are made in the USA.
The ZGSZ durable chew toy is designed to last. This chew toy has the added benefit in cleaning teeth and controlling plaque, keeping your pet’s smile healthy as it plays. ZGSZ Durable Chew was tested on a variety of dogs, including aggressive chewers and has a one-year guarantee. The Indestructible Dog Ball is size of a baseball which makes it easy to throw for any medium or large sized dog.
- The ZGZS is dog approved and tested by many breeds of aggressive large dogs to ensure durability.
- This tough dog chew toy is non-toxic, safe and durable.
- The chew toy helps clean teeth and control plaque.
EETOYS uses their patented “Smooth Scrape Technology” process to make the polymer material extra firm and resist splintering. This dog bone is non-toxic and safe and supports overall dental health. EETOYS Chews come in different flavors to suit your dog’s tastes and has a spot on the bone to apply peanut butter or gravy to entice chewing.
- EETOYS “Smooth Scrape Technology” process ensures that the polymer material is extra firm and durable.
- These toys for aggressive chewers come in different sizes and flavors such as bacon, lemon and beef available for various breeds.
- The chew toy helps clean teeth and control plaque.
Benebone is committed to high-quality dog products that source only the best materials for your pet. Made in the USA, Benebone fuses real bacon scent throughout the bone to keep dog’s attracted. And, the unique wishbone design helps your pet get a good grasp on the bone for hours of entertainment.Check Price on Amazon
Australian Cattle Dog Toy Buyer’s Guide
Good, much-loved dog toys are a must for Australian Cattle Dogs. The breed is active by nature and loves to work out both brain and body. Look for these characteristics in toys for these working dogs.
Hard to break or chew through
Although not known as aggressive chewers, Australian Cattle Dogs were bred to herd cattle by biting at their back legs, and so have a tendency to nip and bite when chasing toys. Make sure that any toys you buy can stand up to constant contact with your dog’s teeth!
As working dogs, Australian Cattle Dogs have a lot of energy and endurance, so playing is vital to their health if they are kept as pets. To encourage constant playing you can buy dog toys that attract the dog’s attention even if you’re not the one throwing it. Many toys come scented with bacon or other smells that excite dogs, which can keep your dog playing long after you’ve had to return to other tasks.
Good for teeth
Fortunately for owners, Australian Cattle Dogs are not prone to many chronic health problems. But like all dogs they can develop plaque and tartar on their teeth, which can make them sick or struggle with their food. Many toys are constructed from materials that clean a dog’s teeth when chewed on, which is a good idea for keeping your Australian Cattle Dog healthy.
Not easily lost
Few dogs love the outside as much as an Australian Cattle Dog, and as a herding breed they can cover a lot of ground when playing. Unfortunately, that means they can lose toys easily in brush or in puddles/ponds when playing. A good toy for this breed will be bright colored and easy to spot, and may float also to ensure you don’t have to dive into cold water to find it!
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Treat
- Best Automatic Fetch Machine
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Food Container
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Dog Ramp
- Best Dog Cooling Vest
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Cooling Pad
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Balls
- Best Australian Cattle Dog Essentials, Accessories, and Toys
- Best Dog Food for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Crate for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Bed for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Brush for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Collar for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Harness for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Muzzle for Australian Cattle Dogs
- Best Dog Shampoo for Australian Cattle Dogs