Do you own or are preparing to own a Bichon Frise and wonder what types of toys would be perfect for them to play with? They have to be small enough to fit comfortably in the dog’s mouth, while being big enough to not be a choking hazard. It can be stressful to find the perfect toy, but after thorough research I have found the top five recommended dog toys for a Bichon Frise.
Each one has its own product description for you to glance through, with three features below it to give you an idea of why you would want to buy it. There are many different types of dog toys out there for your Bichon Frise to enjoy and I tried to pick ones from each of the main categories for you to peruse through. At the end of the article is a buying guide to give you extra information, should you want it, about the different dog toy types and their uses.
Best Dog Toys for Bichon Frise
Here are our Bichon Frise dog toy reviews.
The NylaboneKeyRing Shaped Chew Toy is perfect for those teething puppies or if your Bichon Frise simply loves to chew. They come in sizes extra small, the one I would recommend for the Bichon Frise, up to giant for other breeds. The textured toy cleans your dog’s teeth and removes plaque as they chew to their heart’s content.
- KeyRing dog toy is great for teething or just heavy chewers
- Comes in most sizes, great for any breed of dog
- Textured toy is also a dental chew, removing plaque and dirt
The goDog Dragon Squeak Toy is exactly what it sounds like and it is perfect for your Bichon Frise. The toy is sturdy, made from durable material for chewing, and absolutely adorable to watch your pet cuddle with. It comes in four sizes and a wide variety of colors for you to choose from.
- Adorable squeak toy that doubles as a cuddle toy or a chew toy
- Made from durable material, great for heavy chewers
- Four sizes and variety of colors for any combo that you would like
The ZippyPaws Woodland Friends Burrow Dog Toy is an interactive puzzle toy for yout Bichon Frise to play with for hours at a time. Each hedgehog has one squeaker in it, you then hide the three hogs into the tree base for your pup to find. The materials are all high quality and soft to the touch for a fun soft toy.
- Interactive puzzle toy, your dog will love digging the hogs out of their den
- Three squeaker toys and a hiding log for you to play with
- All materials are high quality for years of use
The NylaboneDuraChew Wishbone Dog Toy is made for those heavy chewers or teething Bichon Frise. This product is for dogs up to thirty five pounds, great for small to medium size breeds, and made from durable nylon. The toy helps dental health by fighting plaque and tartar as they chew.
- Made for heavy chewers or teething puppies
- Made for dogs up to thirty five pounds or small to medium size
- Helps with dental hygiene, fights plaque and tartar
The Pet Qwerks Puppy Squeak Toy is made with the best materials for your Bichon Frise’s playtime. Each toy has a sound that is installed into it with a wide variety of sounds for you to choose from. The product light weight making it great for training or toss and fetch games with your pup.
- Made from best materials for dog’s playtime
- Different sounds installed in each toy for you to choose from
- Toy is great for training, fetch or just light play
Bichon Frise Dog Toy Buyer’s Guide
As you can see from the above, there are many different types of toys that your Bichon Frise would love to sink their teeth into and I only went into five of the thousands available. Before I go on to explain the different types of toys and their benefits, I will remind pet owners that when buying a toy for a small breed such as the Bichon Frise, you must get a toy that won’t tax their jaw by being too big when they pick it up to play with it. That can cause many problems later in their life and is better to simply avoid it all together.
Let’s start with the basics of dog toys. Balls. Balls don’t need an explanation. Everyone knows what they are, but modern science has given us some new and fun additions to the age old toy. Now there are treat balls, squeaky balls, bouncy balls, and fetch balls. Not to mention the various ones made to go into the water for your puppy who loves to swim. If your pup loves nothing more than a game of fetch, than any of the above would work for them.
Rope Toys are a bit more tricky with the Bichon Frise. You want a rope that is sturdy enough to last in a game of tug, but small enough to not tax their jaws. There are some ropes specifically made for smaller mouths, but when buying one be sure it will fit comfortably in your dog’s mouth.
Stuffed Toys can be cute and fun, but are generally not a great toy for chewers. If you don’t mind that the toy will be shredded in no time then you can get one for a teething puppy, but I wouldn’t recommend it. Some Stuffed toys have squeaker in them while others have paper or plastic that make odd sounds when your pup bites into them. Some are completely silent and only meant to cuddle with. What you buy is all up to you.
Chew Toys are perfect for teething puppies or Bichon Frise that love to chew on things. Chew Toys come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes and flavors for your pup to enjoy. Some are bone shaped, while others are sometimes odd like pacifiers. Whatever you choose be sure the material is sturdy, doesn’t splinter and is non toxic for your pup.
Puzzle Toys are said to increase your puppies intelligence by having them do small or short puzzles or interactive activities. This encourages them to use their critical thinking in other important times in their life. Puzzle toys come in a wide variety, just like human puzzles do. You can search and find one that works best for your pup. Some have treat incentive while others are sounds that excite your puppy when they win.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Treat
- Best Automatic Fetch Machine
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Food Container
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Dog Ramp
- Best Dog Cooling Vest
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Cooling Pad
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Balls
- Best Dog Food for Bichon Frise
- Best Dog Crate for Bichon Frise
- Best Dog Bed for Bichon Frise
- Best Dog Brush for Bichon Frise
- Best Dog Collar for Bichon Frise
- Best Dog Harness for Bichon Frise
- Best Dog Muzzle for Bichon Frise
- Best Dog Shampoo for Bichon Frise