Below I have compiled the top five best Chihuahua toys for your pup to play with and enjoy.
Best Dog Toys for Chihuahuas
Here are our Chihuahua dog toy reviews.
1. StarMark Interactive Dog Toy
The StarMark Interactive Dog Toy is an adjustable treat dispensing toy that your Chihuahua will love, just put the treats in and let them play with it! The large chamber allows you to fit their entire meal in it. The bottom is weighted down so it can wobble to and fro without flipping over and spilling the food.
- Adjustable treat dispenser that wobbles around for your dog’s enjoyment
- Has enough room in the chamber for a full meal of kibbles
- Weighted bottom so it can wobble while your pup plays with it
2. goDog Dragon Squeaky Dog Toy
The goDog Dragon Squeaky Dog Toy is made with a chew guard to best survive longer with your Chihuahua chewing on it. The toy is plush and super soft for your dog’s teeth or for them to cuddle with. It has a squeaker and less stuffing than the average squeaker for less mess after your dog rips it open.
- Made with a chew guard and double seams to last longer
- Plush and soft dragon designed toy for a cute and soft toy
- Squeaker toy is loud with less stuffing to make clean up easier
3. ZippyPaws Woodland Friends Dog Toy
The ZippyPaws Woodland Friends Dog Toy is an interactive, dog toy that your Chihuahua will love to play with. Three squeaky chipmunks are included with the log for you to hide them in and let your dog sniff them out. It comes in multiple sizes for any breed of dog you may have.
- Interactive puzzle toy that your Chihuahua will love to play with
- Three chipmunks are included, hide them in the log and let your pup find them
- Multiple sizes available for any breed of dog to play with
4. Hartz Dental Chew Toy
The Hartz Dental Chew Toy is bacon flavored and made with the best ingredients for your Chihuahua to enjoy. With a durable nylon shell around the treat bone, this chew lasts longer than the average treat. The package contains two, small dental chews for your Chihuahua to enjoy.
- Bacon flavored for your Chihuahua’s enjoyment while also helping their teeth
- Nylon shell makes the treat sturdier than most chews
- Contains two, small chews for your dog to gnaw on
5. Multipet 6 Inch Dog Toy
The MultipetSix inch Dog Toy is made with the softest material to allow your Chihuahua to chew, squeak, or cuddle to their heart’s content. It comes in an assortment of colors, you do not get to choose which of them you receive. The squeaker is high pitch and irresistible for your dog.
- Softest material is used for a cuddle toy or a chew toy
- Assortment of colors, but you don’t choose which you receive
- Squeaker is great and your dog will love the sound
Chihuahua Dog Toys Buying Guide
As you can see from the above toys, there are many different types of toys out there for you to choose from. When buying toys for a smaller breed or a puppy you need to take into consideration the size of their mouth. If you get a toy that is too big for their jaw you can cause muscle tearing or soreness. Always keep your Chihuahua’s size in mid when purchasing toys.
Interactive or Puzzle Toys
Interactive Toys are great for dogs who are intelligent. It is said that if you buy your dog puzzle games where they are rewarded with a treat when they finish them, it encourages them to use their critical thinking as they age. Even if your pup doesn’t solve the puzzles, they still have a blast playing with the toy so it is a win-win.
These toys are nice because you can usually put your dog’s food in them instead of the treat. Some dogs eat too quickly and that can cause various stomach problems for them later. Some dispensing toys can hold up to an entire meal of kibble in them, making it great for feeding time.
If your dog loves to chew on anything and everything these are the toys for you. Puppies are the worst culprits thanks to their teeth coming in and causing them pain unless they chew on something. Teething toys are designed to soothe their pain while giving them something they are supposed to chew on. This keeps them out of trouble for chewing on things such as furniture or shoes.
The ball and other fetch toys are a classic amongst dog toy brands and usually each brand has at least one variation on them. Some dogs prefer to not play fetch, but the majority love it. Again,when buying a ball for your Chihuahua always keep their mouth size in mind to lower risk of accidental injury.
Tug ropes are a generally loved toy, just like the ball. When buying a tug rope for your Chihuahua it is a struggle to find one that is small enough for their mouth but sturdy enough to not break within a few uses. They do exist however, just keep looking through reviews and you’ll find the one that works for you.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Treat
- Best Automatic Fetch Machine
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Container
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Dog Ramp
- Best Dog Cooling Vest
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Cooling Pad
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Balls
- Best Dog Crates for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Brush for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Food for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Collar for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Shampoos for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Harness for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Muzzle for Chihuahuas
- Best Dog Beds for Chihuahuas
- Best Puppy Food for Chihuahuas