Your English Foxhound has a rich history of hunting that dates back thousands of years. It should be no surprise that he will love to get outside and get vigorous exercise whenever he can. He is a great companion on your daily hikes and runs, but it’s also important to take some time for play. Having fun with your English Foxhound challenges him in different ways and provides an excellent opportunity for the two of you to bond.
Best Dog Toys for English Foxhounds
Here are our dog toys for English Foxhound reviews.
The Petstages Dogwood Wooden Dog Toy is a fun fetch toy that doubles as a chew toy when you are not around. This realistic looking stick toy has a unique smell that your scent-loving English Foxhound will love.
- BBQ flavor provides the taste and texture of real wood
- Durable, safe and non-toxic alternative to real sticks
- Size is 8” by 1.5” for a sturdy grip and chew
The Chuckit! Sport Launcher Dog Ball Thrower will provide hours of fetching fun for your English Foxhound and save your arm in the process. This simple throw and fetch toy will challenge your pup to run farther and faster every time.
- Can be used with standard tennis ball or Chuckit! ball
- Designed for clean, hands-free pickup
- Ergonomic ultra-grip handle for comfort
The Arm & Hammer Super Treadz Chew Toy is a dog dental toy that satisfies your English Foxhound’s instinct to chew and cleans his teeth at the same time. This durable chew toy is made with natural rubber.
- Available in Gorilla or Gator style
- Infused with baking soda for effective cleaning
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe
The Aerobie Dogobie Outdoor Flying Disc is sure to tucker out your energetic English Foxhound, with its fast, high-flying design. This aerodynamic disc is easy to grip and throw accurately, and fun for your pup to catch.
- Made from durable, flexible plastic
- Soft rubber will not hurt your dog’s mouth
- Puncture and tear resistant for long-term use
The West Paw Zogoflex Tux Treat Dispensing Toy will appeal to your English Foxhound’s intellect as he problem solves to figure out how to get the treat. This floatable toy can also be used in the water or for fetch.
- Durable plastic is non-toxic and dishwasher safe
- Freeze chicken broth inside for a sensory play experience
- Available in three bright colors
Dog Toys for English Foxhound Buyer’s Guide
Choosing toys for your English Foxhound is important as they love to get out and run, play and chase. Your pup needs a variety of toys that satisfy his physical, intellectual and social needs. If your sociable pup does not get enough play time with you, he may become bored or anxious, which can lead to undesirable behavior such as chewing. Having a wide variety of toys is essential to meet all of his needs. High quality toys are not expensive, so choose a wide variety to keep him interested and engaged over time.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog toys for English Foxhounds on the market so you can choose the right ones for your dog. The following are considerations when choosing dog toys for your English Foxhound and will help you choose which features you need for your dog’s toys.
Toys for Exercise
Your English Foxhound will always be up for a lively game of fetch, so choose some toys that will let him run, jump and retrieve. Popular choices include brightly colored rubber balls, high-flying discs, or rubber chew sticks. A ball launcher will help save your arm for those long sessions of fetch. Any toys you choose should be durable and not splinter or crack with extended use.
Toys for Chewing and Teething
Your English Foxhound is driven by scent, so choose a few chew toys that have a distinct smell or can be filled with a treat such as peanut butter or kibble. Chew toys are especially helpful during the puppy stage, or if you plan on leaving your Foxhound in a crate. They can help your English Foxhound to release stress and boredom, while cleaning their teeth from tartar and plaque build up at the same time. Choose toys that are made from highly durable nylon or natural rubber, with no harmful chemicals such as BPA or phthalates.
English Foxhounds are smart dogs, so your pup will love any toys that challenge him to problem solve and figure out how to get rewarded with a treat. There are many interactive dog toys on the market, such as puzzle towers, hide-and-seek games, treat dispensing balls and mazes. These toys can often be adjusted as your pup figures them out, to increase the difficulty. Always ensure these toys have no small parts that can be broken or chewed off, as they could be choking hazards.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Treat
- Best Automatic Fetch Machine
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Food Container
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Dog Ramp
- Best Dog Cooling Vest
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Cooling Pad
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Balls
- Best Dog Food for English Foxhounds
- Best Puppy Food for English Foxhounds
- Best Dog Crate for English Foxhounds
- Best Dog Bed for English Foxhounds
- Best Dog Brush for English Foxhounds
- Best Dog Collar for English Foxhounds
- Best Dog Harness for English Foxhounds
- Best Dog Muzzle for English Foxhounds
- Best Dog Shampoo for English Foxhounds
- Best Training Book for English Foxhounds