After thorough research I have compiled the top five recommended dog toys for German Shepherds with a short item summary under each product. The summary explains why you would want that product over other similar ones. At the end of article will be a buying guide for you to check out with additional information on the various types of dog toys.
Best Dog Toys for German Shepherds
Here are our German Shepherd dog toy reviews.
The KONG Classic Chew Toy has gone down in pet product history for its almost indestructible rubber, making it perfect for your German Shepherd. The toy can be used as a fetch toy, chew toy or even a treat dispenser. On top of being sturdy, this toy is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
- KONG toy is one of the sturdiest toys on the market
- Your German Shepherd will love fetching, chewing and getting treats out of this toy
- Dishwasher safe for an easy cleaning, especially if you use peanut butter
The ChuckIt! Ultra Ball has a squeaker and is made to bounce high for your German Shepherd’s enjoyment. With a thick rubber core, this ball is great for aggressive chewers. The ball has a softer outer coating that is still durable but less harsh on your German Shepherd’s mouth.
- Bounces high and squeaks for your German Shepherd’s amusement
- Thick rubber core is perfect for aggressive chewers or teething puppies
- Soft outer coating is gentle on your dog’s mouth
The Arm & Hammer Gorilla Chew Toy is made from sturdy materials to ensure a durable toy for your German Shepherd. The grooves in the rubber are to remove excess plaque on your dog’s teeth as they chew. The toy is baking soda infused and dishwasher safe for your cleaning ease.
- Made of high quality, sturdy material for a durable toy
- Grooves in the rubber remove tartar and plaque as the German Shepherd chews
- Baking soda infused and dishwasher safe for your cleaning convenience
The oneisall Durable Dog Toy is made for aggressive chewers with high quality nylon, perfect for your German Shepherd. The bone shaped toy comes in four sizes, making it perfect for any breed of dog. The food grade nylon is healthy and safe for your chewer, but it is a good idea to replace the toy after six months of heavy chewing.
- High quality nylon makes for a sturdy chew toy for German Shepherds
- Comes in four sizes, great for any breed
- Should be replaced every six months of heavy chewing
The Pet Qwerks Dinosaur Dog Bone is made with real bacon throughout for flavoring while being completely safe for your German Shepherd to chew on. The material is designed to massage gums while they chew. It comes in four sizes, large to triple x for any breed of dog to enjoy.
- Real bacon infused for your German Shepherd’s tast buds
- Designed to massage gums as they chew
- Four sizes ranging from large to triple x
German Shepherd Dog Toy Buyer’s Guide
As you can see from the above products, there are many different types of toys and they all have their own benefits and uses. When looking for a dog toy for your German Shepherd you will see toys such as Fetch Toys, Chew Toys, Teething Toys, Interactive Toys, Treat Dispensing Toys, and Dental Chews. Below I will go into these types of toys and what makes them nice.
These are some of the oldest toys known to man, the ball and stick being the most well known fetch toys. When buying a fetch toy for your German Shepherd you need to focus on the durability and it being light weight enough for you to throw it comfortably.
Chew Toys are one of the most common toys for dogs thanks to their love of chomping down on things that they are not supposed to be chewing on. By giving them a chew toy you are reducing the risk of them chewing on the things you love as substitutes.
If you have a German Shepherd puppy that adores chewing on your shoes or furniture then this the toy you need to get. Teething toys are made with puppies in mind, sturdy but safe materials are used to stop your pup from gnawing on the things you would prefer them not to while having non-toxic materials.
Interactive Toys are sometimes also called puzzle toys and these are the ones that take some thought for your German Shepherd. One of the most common interactive toys is the stuffed animals that you can hide in a small cube, thus letting your dog sniff them out before they can play with them. It is said that these toys increase your dog’s IQ and critical thinking skills.
Treat Dispensing Toys
Treat Dispensing Toys come in all shapes and sizes, but they all have one thing in common. You can put dog food or treats in them and let your dog work out how to get the treat out. Some even hold up to an entire meal of kibbles, making it great for a fun feeding for your pup.
Dental Chews are good for dogs with excessive plaque build up, tartar, or bad breath as they are infused with ingredients to combat the odor and strengthen your German Shepherd’s teeth. They come in all shapes and sizes, making it great for any breed of dog.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Treat
- Best Automatic Fetch Machine
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Food Container
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Dog Ramp
- Best Dog Cooling Vest
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Cooling Pad
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Balls
- Best Dog Food for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Shampoo for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Bed for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Brush for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Harness for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Crates for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Collar for German Shepherds
- Best Dog Muzzle for German Shepherds
- Best Puppy Food for German Shepherds