Best Dog Toys for Great Pyrenees
Here are our dog toys for Great Pyrenees reviews.
The Outward Hound Nina Ottosson Dog Casino is an advanced puzzle toy, perfect for your smart Great Pyrenees. This interactive game will challenge your pup to figure out how to open the drawers to dispense treats. Dog puzzles are great to stimulate your Pyr, especially if he will be alone for parts of the day.
- Helps prevent boredom and destructive behavior
- BPA, PVC and Phthalate-free
- Easy-to-clean plastic
The Chuckit! Sport Launcher Dog Ball Thrower will provide hours of fetching fun for your Great Pyrenees and save your arm in the process. This simple throw and fetch toy will challenge your pup to run farther and faster every time. The design also means no more picking up slobbery balls for you!
- Can be used with standard tennis ball or Chuckit! ball
- Designed for clean, hands-free pickup
- Ergonomic ultra-grip handle for comfort
The KONG Classic Dog Toy is a popular, tried-and-true toy that is a must for most dogs, including your Great Pyrenees. Perfect for solo play, this chew toy will satisfy your pup’s natural instinct to chew. Fill it with a tasty treat, and your Pyr will be even more motivated to chase and fetch it.
- Made from durable, natural rubber
- Can be filled with treats, kibble or peanut butter
- Dishwasher safe for easy clean up
The Gnawsome Squeaker Ball is perfect to get your Great Pyrenees’ attention. The squeak is highly appealing to his working background, and he’ll love to chase it down. The unique spiky texture is also good for his jaws and teeth.
- Extra tough for lots of chewing
- Food-grade, BPA-free TPR material
- Also available with inner LED light
The StarMark Bob-A-Lot Interactive Dog Toy is the perfect indoor toy for your Great Pyrenees. This treat-dispensing toy feeds and exercises your pup and rewards him for his hard work. The design allows you to adjust the difficulty level as he figures it out.
- Chamber is large enough for one meal
- Durable plastic is easy to clean
- Weighted bottom provides fun unpredictable wobble
Dog Toys for Great Pyrenees Buyer’s Guide
Choosing toys for your Great Pyrenees is important as they need adequate exercise to stay healthy. Finding some toys that will encourage him to run and chase are key to keeping his weight in check, along with regular daily walks. Playing with toys will also satisfy his social and intellectual needs, providing him with healthy opportunities for the two of you to bond. Like many dogs, Great Pyrenees can become destructive if they become bored, so some excellent quality chew toys should be a part of your rotation. High quality toys are not expensive, so choose a wide variety to keep your Great Pyrenees interested over time.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog toys for Great Pyrenees on the market so you can choose the right ones for your dog. The following are considerations when choosing dog toys for your Great Pyrenees and will help you choose which features you need for your dog’s toys.
Great Pyrenees are known to be very smart, so choose a few toys that will give him mental stimulation. This usually comes in the form of a treat-dispensing toy that offers a reward for figuring out the challenge. Interactive toys include treat-dispensing balls, maze balls, IQ balls, hide-and-seek toys and puzzle toys. These can often be adjusted to be more difficult as your clever Great Pyrenees figures them out.
Toys for Exercise
Choose a few toys that will encourage your Great Pyrenees to run and chase and remind him of his history as a livestock guard dog. Squeaker toys are great, as well as toys with interesting textures. Fetch balls with erratic bounces will keep your Pyr on his toes, while a ball launcher will help you out immensely. Make sure the ball or fetch toy you choose is durable and is sufficient size to prevent choking.
Toys for Chewing and Teething
Chew toys are especially helpful to place in your Pyr’s crate, if he will be spending extended lengths of time there. Your Great Pyrenees has very strong jaws, so any chew toys need to be made from the highest quality natural rubber or nylon. These toys must be made from pet-safe materials and be BPA-free. Chew toys that are flavored or can be filled with treats are a great choice, too. Do not choose chew toys that can crack easily or toys with small parts as your Great Pyrenees will easily destroy them if he wants to, making them potential choking hazards.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Treat
- Best Automatic Fetch Machine
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Food Container
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Dog Ramp
- Best Dog Cooling Vest
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Cooling Pad
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Balls
- Best Dog Food for Great Pyrenees
- Best Puppy Food for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Crate for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Bed for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Brush for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Collar for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Harness for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Muzzle for Great Pyrenees
- Best Dog Shampoo for Great Pyrenees
- Best Training Book for Great Pyrenees