Those who own a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog know about their playful and alert nature. These types of dogs belong to the larger breed and love to play and protect their owners. As a pet owner, you always want to provide your dog with the best things, and that includes toys.
If you also fall under the category of confused pet owners who do not have any idea about which toys to get, we will help you. We have reviewed some of the best toys available in the market for your Greater Swiss Mountain dog.
Best Dog Toys for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
Here are our dog toys for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs reviews.
1. Petstages Dogwood Tough Dog Chew Toy
Your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog would love to own a toy, which they can chew all day long. You will find Petstages Dogwood Tough Dog Chew Toy in a variety of sizes. The company manufactures their product in the USA.
- This is a great alternative to real wood and also safer for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs.
- The toy combines real wood along with synthetic strength, non-toxic and durable material with a smell of real wood.
- The toy can easily float in water, and you can play fetch with your dog.
2. KONG Classic Dog Toy
If your dog wants to play with a durable and reliable toy, then buy them KONG Classic Dog Toy. You can play fetch with your Greater Swiss Mountain dog and keep them busy for a longer period. Also, the vibrant color of the toy keeps them indulged with it for long.
- Trainers, vets and dog enthusiasts have recommended using this for over 40 years.
- The toy has unpredictable bounce and a great product to play fetch even with you away.
- This toy helps them stay active and also relieves separation anxiety.
3. Frisco Flat Plush Squeaking Alligator Dog Toy
Your dog will love it if you make their playtime even noisy with the help of Frisco Flat Plush Squeaking Alligator Dog Toy. The company made this toy for dogs of all sizes. With this huge toy, your Greater Swiss mountain dog can toss, squeak and launch the toy according to their choice.
- The plush toy comes with four built-in speakers to make squeaky noise while they play.
- This toy consists of ultra-soft material to make it a great companion for cuddling and sleeping once they finish playing.
- The toy does not have any stuffing; hence there is a low chance of creating a mess.
4. Mammoth Braided Tug with TPR Ball for Dogs
Every dog loves to play tug of war with his or her owner. By using the Mammoth Braided Tug with TPR Ball for Dogs, you can have a fun playing session with your Greater Swiss Mountain dog. With the ball attached to the rope, you can also play fetch.
- The toy consists of 100% cotton, making it safe for Greater Swiss Mountain Dog.
- This is the ideal toy for strong chewers.
- The rope fibers help to floss the teeth.
5. ZippyPaws Burrow Squeaky Hide & Seek Plush Dog Toy, Hedgehog Den
If you have a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog, then they would love to burrow their nose in the ZippyPaws Burrow Squeaky Hide & Seek Plush Dog Toy, Hedgehog Den for hours and keep themselves busy. The puzzle toy helps to challenge your dog. As an owner, you do not need to worry about washing the toy as you can just throw it in the machine for a wash.
- The toy comes with three squeaky hedgehogs that your dog needs to dig from the burrow.
- Will keep your dog entertained for hours.
- Great for any medium-sized dogs.
Dog Toys for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs Buyer’s Guide
For any dogs, the toys play a huge role. With the help of toys, your dog will keep themselves active and entertained for hours. As a dog owner, it is your duty to carefully choose the right toy for your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog. Buying a wrong toy has the potential of harming your dog. To make sure you choose the right toys, we have compiled this buyer’s guide. With the help of this comprehensive guide, you can easily select the correct toys for your dog and make them happy.
First, keep in mind the age of your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog before choosing a toy. If you own a puppy and choose a toy that belongs to adult dogs, then it will not provide them with satisfaction when they play. Puppies would start teething soon; hence you need to choose the toy accordingly. To help them soothe the teething pain, opt for a chew toy for your puppy. You can buy hard toys for adult dogs and plus toys for senior dogs who would love to cuddle and sleep.
Size and texture
The size of your dog matters when you choose a toy for them. For puppies, try to choose a soft and small toy. Adult dogs need hard toys such as chew toys. Adult dogs have the strength to rip apart small toys and ingest them, which cause stomach problems. To know the correct size choose a toy that fits the rear molar of your dog. A senior dog loses their strength with time hence try to choose plush toys for them which they can cuddle and sleep.
Most dog parents often get confused while choosing the toy because they find a large variety of toys available in the market. You can distinguish these toys in four different categories- chew toys, tug toys, and fetch toys and plush toys.
If you have a teething dog, then buy a chew toy. If your Greater Swiss Mountain Dog loves to play tug of war, then opt for a rope toy. As we know, senior dogs love to cuddle and sleep; as they don’t like much activity, it is the best option to buy them plush toys. And lastly, all dogs love to play fetch with their owners. Hence you can buy them fetch toys.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Treat
- Best Automatic Fetch Machine
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Food Container
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Dog Ramp
- Best Dog Cooling Vest
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Cooling Pad
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Balls
- Best Dog Food for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
- Best Puppy Food for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
- Best Dog Crate for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
- Best Dog Bed for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
- Best Dog Brush for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
- Best Dog Collar for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
- Best Dog Harness for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
- Best Dog Muzzle for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
- Best Dog Shampoo for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs
- Best Training Book for Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs