Best Dog Toys for Greyhounds
Here are our dog toys for Greyhounds reviews.
1. Chuckit! Flying Squirrel
The Chuckit! Flying Squirrel is a great option for your Greyhound, as it mimics a small animal flying through the air. Your pup will love to chase and retrieve this simple aerodynamic fetch toy.
- Short, arched flight path is perfect for sprinting
- Floats for fetch games in the water
- Four glowing paws for low-light play
2. Petstages Dogwood Tough Chew
The Petstages Dogwood Tough Chew Toy is a popular option for dogs who love to chew and chase sticks. The durable chew toy is made with real wood and synthetic material, so it is safer than chewing on the real thing.
- Will not splinter or crack
- Real wood flavor keeps interest
- Floats in water for water play
3. KONG Classic Flyer Frisbee
The KONG Classic Flyer Frisbee is a high-flying fetch toy that your agile Greyhound will love. This rubber disc is soft, so it won’t hurt your pup’s mouth even after extended sessions of fetch.
- Disc is easy grip for accurate throws
- Durable rubber is easy to clean
- 9-inch diamater designed for large dogs
4. Ethical Pet Skinneeez Forest Series
The Ethical Pet Skinneeez Forest Series toys are fun, squeaky toys your Greyhound will love to play with. These plush toys will satisfy your pup’s natural instinct to hunt and attack, but are safe to destroy as they are stuffing-free.
- Machine washable
- Squeaker inside for extra interest
- Available in a variety of animal shapes
5. Trixie Activity Flip Board
The Trixie Activity Flip Board is a fun strategy game that will mentally stimulate and reward your Greyhound. This game will challenge your pup to figure out how to open the drawers to dispense treats.
- Helps prevent boredom and destructive behavior
- Non-slip rubber rim keeps the game in place
- Dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
Dog Toys for Greyhounds Buyer’s Guide
Choosing toys for your Greyhound is important as they love to play and be active. Even though Greyhounds are an independent breed, they still love to spend time with you, so a variety of toys you can use together will provide opportunities for bonding through play. Greyhounds are obviously very agile, and love to run in short, quick bursts. They also love down time, so make sure to choose some toys for solo play, to help him relax and release stress. High quality toys are not expensive, so choose a wide variety to keep your Greyhound interested over time.
Our buying guide reviews the best dog toys for Greyhounds on the market so you can choose the right ones for your dog. The following are considerations when choosing dog toys for your Greyhound and will help you choose which features you need for your dog’s toys.
Toys for Exercise
Greyhounds love to get out and run every day, so a vigorous game of fetch is always a good idea. That being said, you may need to get creative to encourage him to get started. Choose a toy that mimics an animal he needs to chase or consider a plush animal that you can throw, to appeal to his hunting drive. Make sure the ball or fetch toy you use is durable and will not splinter and is also a sufficient size to prevent choking. Remember that a Greyhound’s prey drive is very strong, so always play fetch with your pup in a fenced or enclosed area.
Toys for Chewing and Teething
Your Greyhound loves to lounge around the house after a vigorous exercise session outside, so give him something to do while he is relaxing. Chew toys offer a great way to clean his teeth and satisfy his urge to chew, especially when he is left alone or in his crate for extended periods. Chew toys should be made from a durable, safe material such as high-density nylon or natural rubber. Chew toys that are flavored or can be filled with treats are a great choice, too. Your Greyhound will love to destroy stuffed animals, so satisfy that need with stuffing-free plush toys and be ready to replace them on a regular basis.
Greyhounds are a smart breed, but they are not always food-motivated, so choose some toys that will appeal to his sense of curiosity. And your Greyhound will still appreciate a treat as a reward for their hard work. Interactive toys include treat-dispensing balls, maze balls, IQ balls, hide-and-seek toys and puzzle toys. These can often be adjusted to be more difficult as your clever Greyhound figures them out.
- Best Dog Food
- Best Dog Bowl
- Best Automatic Dog Feeder
- Best Interactive Dog Toys
- Best Dog Playpen
- Best Outdoor Dog Kennel
- Best Dog House
- Best Dog Crate
- Best Dog Treat
- Best Automatic Fetch Machine
- Best Dog Activity Monitor
- Best Dog Food Container
- Best Electronic Dog Door
- Best Dog Ramp
- Best Dog Cooling Vest
- Best GPS Tracker for Dogs
- Best Dog Bed
- Best Dog Cooling Pad
- Best Indestructible Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Dog Balls
- Best Dog Food for Greyhounds
- Best Puppy Food for Greyhounds
- Best Dog Crate for Greyhounds
- Best Dog Bed for Greyhounds
- Best Dog Harness for Greyhounds
- Best Dog Collar for Greyhounds
- Best Dog Muzzle for Greyhounds
- Best Dog Shampoo for Greyhounds
- Best Dog Training Book for Greyhounds
- Best Dog Brush for Greyhounds